• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I'm stuck. I've gotten 4 badges, but I'm not sure where the 5th Gym is. I can't go through the gym in Seashore City because I don't have surf. And I can't go east of Jaeru City because the guard won't let me through because he's thirsty. Where's the Tea to make him let me through?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'm stuck. I've gotten 4 badges, but I'm not sure where the 5th Gym is. I can't go through the gym in Seashore City because I don't have surf. And I can't go east of Jaeru City because the guard won't let me through because he's thirsty. Where's the Tea to make him let me through?

A guy in Moraga likes beer a lot. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
UPS file won't patch.

Error: Input checksum invalid

edit: it worked, i re-downloaded everything. it seems that i needed to use a clean ROM hehe

edit again: I've noticed a bug, I am at Merson City and when I try to challenge the gym leader my rival shows up wanting to battle, but when the battle scenes shows up the screen goes black.

Are you playing the X version or the original? There might be a difference.

Years
This is IMPOSSIBLE i fight scott sure easy level 26's but then next thing i know a gym leader has pokemon and it is level 33s? and a 40?! my god where do i go after scott to level up i went all the way to the haunted forest and fought my rival and nuthing else and trainers after that town are level 37s is there a team rocket event im missing or wut?!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
This is IMPOSSIBLE i fight scott sure easy level 26's but then next thing i know a gym leader has pokemon and it is level 33s? and a 40?! my god where do i go after scott to level up i went all the way to the haunted forest and fought my rival and nuthing else and trainers after that town are level 37s is there a team rocket event im missing or wut?!

No, there's no missing event. Moraga has the next gym, and it's hard all right.

I had trained up only two Pokemon and I was underleveled by ten by the time I was at the last gym. And I don't really like Pokemon that much, so I just gave up at the Elite Four as I just won't bring myself to train. >.< But I can't go to South Rijon now....>.<

Years
No, there's no missing event. Moraga has the next gym, and it's hard all right.

I had trained up only two Pokemon and I was underleveled by ten by the time I was at the last gym. And I don't really like Pokemon that much, so I just gave up at the Elite Four as I just won't bring myself to train. >.< But I can't go to South Rijon now....>.<

wow that just sucks for people who don't like to train for 5 hours stright to keep up -.-' (me)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
A guy in Moraga likes beer a lot. :D
Ah, much thanks.

Btw, here are some errors I ran across, my apologies if they have already been stated.

1) In the mailbox there's a message saying: "If you're nearby, come home for a while.". The very end part of the message is off the screen on the far right so that only the "whi" part of "while" can be seen.

2) When using fly in castro forest or eagolou park, the player's icon in the fly screen is where viridian forest and the safari zone were in FRLG.

3) Trainer "Sis and Bro Lia and Luc" at the Rijon Strait have spaces after their name, which causes the next word to be spaced far to the right of it.

4) Bird Keeper Roger has spaces (many more so than 3)) after his name. He's on the first island to the west of southedge bay.

5) At Talrus Foothill, after the guy that checks for the white badge there's a tile in the southeast with a sitrus berry that doesn't have the standard shadow on the ground signifying a berry's there.

6) Said by an old man in a building on the west side of Owsauri: "Owsauri is popular for it's game corner. But Moraga is great for it's beer." If one wants to be a grammar nazi, it's "its" instead of "it's".

7) Caitlyn from the Mt. Boulder Range that gives you a Water Stone does so ad infinitum. One can leave the area via the building to the left or the cave to the north, and then return to her to get yet another Water Stone.

8) I'm not sure if this is a bug, but on the map the path south of Jaeru City has no title even though it's shaded like a road, as it should be two tiles to the left, as that's where the path in game really is.

Other Thoughts:
The difficulty level after gym leaders 3 or 4 rises incredibly, which is entertaining for a challenge. Also, the design of the gym where all the trainers were invisible was very inventive. It left me rather dissapointed when I went to battle in the gym with the leader who uses dark types, since it consisted of nothing more than just the leader. I look forward to future improvements to this this hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
What happened with Dad after elite four? I need him to sign the permission :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Moon stones don't work on Eevees. I'm assuming that it's evolution to umbreon or espeon is a timed event or something.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2016
Not sure of where to post this but iv found a major bug.
After i caught Articuno the on map sprite was still there i press A and could fight it again.

waterfall outside lugia is broken
img145.imageshack.us/img145/7683/pokmonrijonadventures01wa9.png
Took me a while but i managed to faint with 2 lvl 50+ pokes to lvl 20s

Last edited:

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Why does Maraga Town got an other Color on the map?
Can i go on the boat in Castro Valley?
Can i go to Route 68 in the beta?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Anthony,

I have started playing this hack, and I must say - this is really amazing, one of the best romhack - in a long time that I have played. The last time I played a very perfect well done hack was in 2004, and I'm sure you know it - Coolboyman's original Pokemon Brown. So yeah, I am still playing this game, and i am looking forward to replay Brown in version 2.0 that he would release it soon. Hopefully next Friday as it will mark the 5 years anniversary since the original release date of Brown - Friday, 16th January 2004.

Anyways, I have noticed a small error - in the town map. Please hover over the two squares below Jaeru City, above Castro Field - I believe you have forgotten to add the text string for something? There are a few tiles errors. I am sure you can view it. Please let me know, if you need a screenshot just to be sure.

Have a nice day.

Shiny.
An ex-romhacker.
Long-time Brown-trilogy supporter.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
Years
Could someone help me, i cant get to equality rirver. There are currents in Eagulou city and Castro Valley.
So which way do I go

Back