• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: [ENGLISH BETA RELEASED] Pokémon Light Platinum [NDS]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Looks fantastic. I never played the original, but I'm sure i'll give this one a go.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Hi, I remember Wesley's original post on GBA version thread, giving the news of NDS. I remember something about pokegear in the lines. You know, that combination of telephone/map/radio gadget that first came out in 2nd generation (pokemon gold/silver/crystal). Will it be implemented in NDS too? That item is so good. Being able to use match calls and radio would be awesome.
Also being able to catch EVERY pokemon would be good too, but I guess that is out of question too :(
In hopes of this version being less buggy than GBA one...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2014
I like this, i beat light platinum and caught all legendaries whuch was soooo fun "sarcasm" , even so i love this but i think it would be better if it was its own game and story or a continuation of LP nonetheless im looking forward to this

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those emulators for GBA? I believe this is a hack for NDS, which, if I'm right, won't work on this game.

Both can play GBA and DS ROMs

Rata

Pokemon Terra Firma Creator.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2020
Well.. Mikelan. You know what im thinking about
your DS Hack Rom.

Good luck! Will see you ^^

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Both can play GBA and DS ROMs

Can't collaborate on GBA availability on DeSmuME (though DJG says both can play GBA so DeSmuME apparently can as well =D) but both are primary DS emulators.

Oh. Alright then. I wasn't sure because I usually don't play games on my pc. I use emulators on my phone and plan to use DraStic NDS on my phone to play this. Thanks for the info.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
While Im very happy to see that you have taken such a big step towards the future of Ds rom hacking with this project I do have a bit of advice , playing through the First light platinum :

1. Add some variety to the gyms - if i remember correctly , light platinum had 4 different gym leaders / E4 members who used ground types which was a bit crazy , so i recommend doing some unique gyms instead of just gyms based on type , possibly based on pokemon with certain high stats such as an Attack gym / Special Attack gym or Def / Sp Def gyms. Maybe some Weather Based Gyms or Dual Type Gyms ?

2. Tone down the amount of Rivals while ramping up the difficulty of ones you do keep . There were a ton of rivals in light platinum and they had 2 - 3 pokemon each making them more annoying than challenging . Keep 2-3 rivals , give em 4 -6 pokes each and use the others in some other way such as gym leaders or E4 members .

3 The Story - Watch Kyogre and Groudon fight , watch Lugia and Ho oh fight , watch Dialga and Palkia fight , Watch Reshiram and Zekrom fight , go through Team Steams base with 3 stories of grunts with the same dialogue and pokemon is what i got from the story . I really don't want to go through all that with adding watch Xerenas and Yvetal fight . Refine ( not redo )the story and add some variety to the grunts while cutting down on the sheer amount of them

4 Mapping - You've made one of the biggest maps in a rom hack i 've ever seen which is quite the feat , but you couldnt fly to lots of the cities and towns due to not having enough fly points. my recommendation would be to combine a few of the cities and make it a lot easier for people playing who dont want to fly to a city and then have to travel by land / water to get another city

5 Free Pokes - If i remember correctly you got a a bunch of free pokes in the game and while it was nice it made the game too easy overall , getting a free dratini , spritomb and all the starters was a bit too much and made the game a bit less entertaining for me . so while you should have a couple of treasures for us here and there dont spoil us with a ll the freebies

Anyway those are just my opinions .thank you for making light platinum and all it has to offer not once but twice . i do hope you'll take my suggestions into consideration

Pinta77

I've never seen a DS rom hack this well done so far! I'm not sure what the limitations and stuff are, but I like that you added some gen 5 & 6 Pokemon. Looking good!

Back