• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon starters Fan Club!

Who will be our Mascot?

• Bulbasaur / Venusaur

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Chikorita / Meganium

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Treecko / Sceptile

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Turtwig / Torterra

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Charmander / Charizard

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Cyndaquil / Typhlosion

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Torchic / Blaziken

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Chimchar / Infernape

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Squirtle / Blastoise

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Totodile / Feraligatr

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Mudkip / Swampert

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Piplup / Empoleon

Votes: 32 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
Years
I think it's cute! Hm. I think I think everything is cute. Isn't there another word for cute in English??

I used to adore Charmeleon. But then they made him 'evil' in the anime (I was young! I thought he was evil^^) and I started liking Pikachu and Squirtle like everybody else.

Evil charmeleon? XD
I never used to like charmeleon because of the back sprite of it in Red and Blue! It looked like some beefy, chunky thing O.o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
True xD
But Bulbasaur was even uglier! And Ivysaur.... Charmander was so cute as back-sprite so I never wanted to evolve it into Charizard..... ^^

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Hehe! Yeah, and Venusaur on Green version looks like a lump of scrambled eggs =D

Lol. That made me laugh.

The R/B/Y sprites weren't too bad for most of the starters. Except a few were odd looking. Charmander, Squirtle and Blastoise were my favourites out of them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I never played the Green version! I've heard it's got A LOT worse graphics than Red. Wonder why.

I really liked the advance sprites of the Kanto starters (and the Johto ones too) especially Squirtle. It's FR back sprite is simply adorable!

Quidoo

Years
Yeah, the green version is the Japanese version of blue, so they had Red/Green, which were released before the US versions, so they decided just to change the colour from red to blue and have identical games (in terms of graphics) instead of releasing the 'bad graphics' green version I guess...

Hahahahahaha

Look at mew in Green Version! :P

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
Years
charmander is best by far =)
i love him/her so much =)
Are you a member in here, Destiny100?

Mwahaha a picture of charizard :)
charizard.gif
~Photobucket :)

Lovely :)
Nice Charizard animation you have, Mismaguis. I like it. It looks cool.

~Rene~ :t025:

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Cool pictures, everyone. Anyway, here's a picture of Turtwig:
036.jpg

Credits to Pokemon Nightmare for this picture

~Rene~ :t025:
Nice picture of Turtwig Rene. good picture. :classic:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hahahahahaha

Look at mew in Green Version!

Hahaha, that thing doesn't look like it can stand on it's two legs if it were to follow natures laws...

Anyways, I like the starter sprites of G/S/C best, though the Advanced generation ones look awesome. But there's a feeling to the Metal generation ones that nothing beats ^^

Quidoo

Years
Hahaha, that thing doesn't look like it can stand on it's two legs if it were to follow natures laws...

Anyways, I like the starter sprites of G/S/C best, though the Advanced generation ones look awesome. But there's a feeling to the Metal generation ones that nothing beats ^^

XD Yeah, you're right!

I like the metal gen sprites too! They bring back lots of memories................*sigh*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Speaking of Metal gen.... is there a way to get your hands on a Kanto starter in G/S/C without trading?
(this is starter-related)

Fiver

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Speaking of Metal gen.... is there a way to get your hands on a Kanto starter in G/S/C without trading?

I'm sorry there isn't any way to get a starter from Kanto in those games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's not great. Hm.

But still, you have a Johto starter, and those are real coolness ^^
This is why the 3:rd gen and 4:th gen can never be as good as Metal gen.:
Johto_Starters_Background_by_Koss135.jpg

Fiver

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Great picture fabledawn; I too think that the 2nd gen starters are the coolest.

Quidoo

Years

I wish you could....my Charizard on Crystal that I traded for Yellow didn't listen to a word I said! :P

Hey, thats kinda like Ash's charizard huh?

EDIT: That pic is pretty neat...the totodile family was by far my favourite in the metal gen! (apart from crocanaw...it looks like a caveman)

Quidoo

Years
Ahhh! The order is all backwards! :S I don't usually read manga though

Totodile is awesome...and is it just me that things cyndaquil looks really dumb? (I like its evo's though)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No, I've never liked Cyndaquil's looks either. And in that manga, it looks unusually fat.

Chikorita(/Totodile) wins. Easily. But Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander... I really can't decide on those!

Quidoo

Years
No, I've never liked Cyndaquil's looks either. And in that manga, it looks unusually fat.

Chikorita(/Totodile) wins. Easily. But Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander... I really can't decide on those!

Yeah, I think its looooong nose makes it look really...odd
I prefer bulbasaur from the pre-evod kanto ones, then wartortle from the mid-evos and then, of course, charizard from the final evo's :) Yeah...a bit of each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back