• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Hello all just like to ask... is there any resource websites/FTP out there that offer INDEXED SPRITES of official pokemon? I've checked Google and PokeElite2k but they do not provide INDEXED ones.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Hello all just like to ask... is there any resource websites/FTP out there that offer INDEXED SPRITES of official pokemon? I've checked Google and PokeElite2k but they do not provide INDEXED ones.
    Use the dump option of elitemap's RS ball

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Mainly want to ask this to Baro:
    1. What tool do you use to make the map change as in Pokemon Quartz.
    2. What tool do you use to edit pokemon entries- I looked at the only one on wah but that don't work...

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Mainly want to ask this to Baro:
    1. What tool do you use to make the map change as in Pokemon Quartz.
    2. What tool do you use to edit pokemon entries- I looked at the only one on wah but that don't work...
    1.- if you mean the world map, cyclone for the tilemap, and then the classical graphic tools, a picture editing program, unlzgba... and an hex editor for repointings.
    2.-hex editor

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Question to mainly Destinedjagold:
    1. How did you edit the pokedex entries with advance text?

Hope this don't bother you alot. P.S. Love your hack, think it's cool.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Hmmm, I know that the pokedex list is somewhere in the rom (and it has the format of 0001 0002, etc), maybe you can repoint it and add the numbers of those 25 pokemon, then repoint a lot of other things and then edit everything in hex. Not sure if it would even work, but at least it makes sense

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • No i ment as in making my rom work incase it crashes.
    You have to make the backups BEFORE the rom crashes.
    Anyway, there's a way of recovering stuff if you mess up and have some backups:
    if you have:
    A- a backup before the rom crashes
    B- a backup when the rom crashes
    C- The rom with the crashing, but with some stuff (the stuff you want to recover) that rom B doesn't have.
    To recover the changes you made brom B to C you can make a patch taking B as original and C as modified, then if you apply that patch to A you don't apply the bug.

But, back to topic, when you rom crashes, substitute it with the lattest working backup. If you don't have any, aaaah! too bad! ¯\(^.^)/¯

If you know where you messed up, you can undo the changes, for example, with an hex editor, copying from the original/a working rom

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Thanks for the tips Baro

Anyways how do i insert new movesets for the empty slots because i noticed that when i open my rom with the pokemon amplifier the slots only have one moveset to replace so how do i do it ?
    If i have to use hex then could anyone show me how to do it with it?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • hi. i realy need help with the fire red pokecenters. when i make a new pokemon center, it works fine but when i die i dont go back to that pokemon center i go back to the last real pokecneter i was in. i really need to know how to fix this because i need to make a new region and keep all the existing maps.

thanks in advance
    link

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Question to mainly Destinedjagold:
    1. How did you edit the pokedex entries with advance text?

Hope this don't bother you alot. P.S. Love your hack, think it's cool.

thanks...

well...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hi. i realy need help with the fire red pokecenters. when i make a new pokemon center, it works fine but when i die i dont go back to that pokemon center i go back to the last real pokecneter i was in. i really need to know how to fix this because i need to make a new region and keep all the existing maps.

thanks in advance
    link

have you ever saw those F tiles in a map..? Well, those are for the PLAYERS to land if they will fly to a certain city, and that's also the reason why if we loe to a battle, we are warped to the PKMN Centre with a Flight Position.
    Spoiler:

Your new map has no flight position, and that's why you were warped t the original center. Hope you understand. ;)

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • thanks...

well...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

have you ever saw those F tiles in a map..? Well, those are for the PLAYERS to land if they will fly to a certain city, and that's also the reason why if we loe to a battle, we are warped to the PKMN Centre with a Flight Position.
    Spoiler:

Your new map has no flight position, and that's why you were warped t the original center. Hope you understand. ;)

thanks for the help but my map witch is olivine city at map bank 1 31 does have a flight position. but it still wont take me back to that center when i die.

link

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    1. How do you change the tiles for the houses. I find it very difficult as I can't find a decent tutorial...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back