• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type of Pokemon game? Pokemon Brawl!!

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Alright, so you got the main games, like ruby, heartgold, black and white and so forth.
Then the spinoffs like pokemon ranger and rumble.

Do you guys feel like they're running out of ideas? Whats the point of making all of these games?
Do they feel a little poorly made to you?

I feel like almost every game they come out with is rushed and not quite the best they can do. If we can come up with these great ideas, why don't they ever listen to us? Is it a matter of them being lazy or dont want to fuss up the money and use it on a project.
Well, here's my idea for an ultimate pokemon game!
(Aside from a game where you can visit every generation! Thatd be too dank)

Now, a game with a similar concept of super smash bros. A fighting game with fast paced action with every pokemon available to battle with! Wouldn't that be awesome?!l

They could make a long story mode out of that, with the maps consisting of areas around all of the regions (Pallet Town, Cerulean Gym, Victory Road)

They'd make animations for every pokemon using their moves. You'd get your four basic moves, and youd still gain them from leveling up, because the leveling system would still be there. There wouldnt be stats like the main games now-but stat categories like a 1-5 or 1-10 system like... A scizor would have a 7 in attack while a hoppip would have a 2, that way differences could still be identifiable. And every stat would be this way so every pokemon could be different...much like they are.

Every pokemon would still have their own mixes of simple punches, headbutts, body bumps and kicks, but the moves you learn would be in specific button slots and all the other buttons would be for the simple moves. That way there could be ENDLESS ways and strategies to battle with. Each move would have its own animation and reach/spread.

Items would still be in the game too, just translated into this type of game play. Such as: Icicle plate, if you were to pick one up, it would power up ice type pokemon (Im aware it powers up moves in the real game) Oran berry-heals damage. leftovers, recovers damage over periods of time. Choice scarf, powers up a single move but limits you to only that move.

Type effectiveness would still be in the game, just a matter of multiplying damage counters by a certain amount.

Another concept-the save file would be one similar to nows games. You'll have to recruit pokemon you fight in the story mode or post game, such as caves, lakes, grassy areas, (Similar to the way you get pokemon in mystery dungeon, or pokemon rumble) But after the fight, you have to battle them one on one, and if you win you catch them. You can collect pokemon just like the real game and train them up and choose their attacks and whatever you want.

Movement would be just how the pokemon move now. Chose a diglett? Then youre glued to the ground and forced to battle that way, of course you can be booted out of the air still. Gastly? You have the ability to float around and wreck people. Politoed this time, okay well you can jumps all over the place.

Size of the pokemon could pose as a problem, but just make them the same scale they are now, thats how real pokemon battle anyways right? Ledgendaries aside, because theyd have their own game modes.

There could be so many game modes with this type of game and SO much replay value as long as there are a lot of animations. To me, that's what makes games. If there are a lot of different things to look at and play around with, there's more replay value in a game, because you havent seen everything yet!

If nintendo wants to make more money? Make map packs and generation pokemon packs as add ons and make us pay for more game! Because honestly, id pay a lot for something like this!

Post your ideas for new games that youd like to see in the pokemon series! We need variety! Thanks guys!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Well, uh... there's a reason fighting games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl only have a roster of a few dozen characters. They don't have the space or capacity for more. Even the latest game systems would not be anywhere close to capable of handling 649 playable characters, each with their own full set of animations, stats, and attacks. It's beyond unfeasible.

This preposterous amount of monsters only works in the main series games because of their simplified nature. The battle system is very straightforward, giving you a few options rather than a full 2D fighter layout. Pokemon have animations, yes, but even in the 3D games they only have about three (idle animation + two attack animations). And the overworld is still basically a grid of square tiles. Etc. The game cartridge has space to hold it and the game system has the capacity to run it with 649 monsters because the core mechanics and layout of the game are so lightweight. On top of this they're able to pile on increasingly more features and mechanics as systems improve. Black and White 2 are full of things to do besides just beating the main storyline (which is lengthy in and of itself), and there are literally hundreds of Pokemon to try out on an ingame team, so I'd hardly argue there's low replay value.

Brawl, however, manages a meager 40 characters - granted with a lot of extra features and emphasis on graphics, but still. You're basically suggesting a Brawl with hundreds of individual characters. That's just not exactly possible with the kinds of games and systems we have today. To give a little more perspective, the closest thing we have to this right now is the Pokemon Rumble games. Y'know, the ones that look like [this]. Really basic simplified 3D models with even simpler animations. That's what they can pull off right now.

I could maybe see a 2D fighter Pokemon game as a spinoff, but it'd definitely have to have a narrow handful of playable Pokemon. I also doubt it'd be anywhere near equivalent to Smash Bros. A Pokemon game, especially a spin off, wouldn't have as much money poured into it as a major Nintendo release like that.

Last edited:

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Alright, so you got the main games, like ruby, heartgold, black and white and so forth.
Then the spinoffs like pokemon ranger and rumble.

Do you guys feel like they're running out of ideas? Whats the point of making all of these games?
Do they feel a little poorly made to you?

It makes sense, them doing all these game, they must run out of ideas at some point.

But I hope not, I am just about to get into them. I have a lot of ROMS and emulators that my mate gave me.

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Well, uh... there's a reason fighting games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl only have a roster of a few dozen characters. They don't have the space or capacity for more. Even the latest game systems would not be anywhere close to capable of handling 649 playable characters, each with their own full set of animations, stats, and attacks. It's beyond unfeasible

I didnt expect them to actually make a game like this, kind of falls into the 'what if' category. It'd sure be neat. :)

It makes sense, them doing all these game, they must run out of ideas at some point.

But I hope not, I am just about to get into them. I have a lot of ROMS and emulators that my mate gave me.

They're still pretty decent games, I really enjoyed the mystery dungeon series!

Last edited:
Back