• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Highest Playtime?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think somewhere in the 400's. Forget the game, but remember seeing that number.

Honestly, I reset games so often, so the number also resets. I plan on never resetting Moon though.

Years
  • Back in my younger days when I was even more addicted to Pokemon than I am now my original Emerald save had a playtime of something between 650-700 hours I can't quite remember. Most of that consisted of "catching 'em all", grinding Pokemon to level 100 and trying to conquer the Battle Frontier. Honestly I loved that game so much and spent every available minute playing it.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    The most I've ever played was FireRed and that was at 280 hours.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure my Emerald (which got mass trading between all my GBA games when I completed the National Dex) went to 999:99 or whichever way the maxed out time is XD
    Though a lot of that is my SP setting next to me, as I multitask a lot ^^;
    And I still need to beat the Fronteir, but everything else in that game is %100 complete.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have maxed out my Omega Ruby game for the first time ever. I usually would get up to the 700's in my last two games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Y has the highest recorded playtime for a single file, at 600 something. Don't remember the exact number, though it was at least higher than my first White file, which was just over 601 hours.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I always get the question of how much of it is actual playing? I laugh because I know a good 300 hours is of my DS sitting around or me falling asleep.

Guest123_x1

I currently have well over 60 hours on my Alpha Sapphire. In most of the Pokémon games, I would be running between 45-50 hours before I'd face the Elite Four. My current Alpha Sapphire file is the highest time so far playing a Generation VI game.
    I remember logging well over 100 hours on an early playing of Yellow before that save got wiped on Labor Day 2000 (which might have been for the best, as I made too many critical mistakes with that save file, such as running from battles with the Legendary Birds, and spoiling the starter Pikachu to the point where it got to Level 65 by the time I faced the final Gym.) That might have been the highest play time of any main series game that I've played, and I think I might have even maxed out the clock on it.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • On my Alpha Sapphire, I have 188 hours on it. This is mainly because of breeding and completing my living dex. I am going to do more shiny hunts soon so that will make my time certainly sky rocket. c:

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • 115 and counting. Spent most of it by collecting ribbons, completing my
    living dex, casual breeding, battling and trading. うんうん

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    My highest individual save is Y, at just under 500 hours. I Think think I have about 400 on my White 2, and I remember when I was a kid my for Fire Red had like 360+ before resetting it.

I know for a fact that my Fire Red has had over 1000+ hours over the years. I can't remember how many times I have reset that thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Between 450 and 500 hours, I think, on both Diamond and X. I believe LG is around 350ish, and Gold was at 257 when my battery gave out. A lot of my other games are in the 100-200 range. RBY, I have no idea, because I've had a lot of different files for those.

Years
  • 800 hours? ahhdhffss

My max is probably somewhere around 300-350 hours. Wish I didn't reset my old Diamond and Emerald file so I could check but I haven't ever gone over the 300 mark I don't think. With 300 I feel like I've more or less done all I could.. bred all my favorites with good IVs, completed the dex, fully completed all side quests, got platinum super secret base rank (ORAS), etc. Not sure what I'd be able to do to go much higher. x'D

Lauthai

Lauthai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    Most of my games got a around 80 or so hours before I restarted them for some reason or another.

Back