• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you describe stats in real life?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    What are some basic traits that Pokemon would have based on their strongest stats?

For example, Pokemon with high Speed would be really fast moving and agile. Think of animals with good speed : cheetah, falcon, horse etc

Pokemon with high Attack would be really dangerous cause they would be able to do a lot of damage with their body parts or pure strength. Think of : crabs(especially if they were bigger), crocs, sharks, hyenas, chimps etc

Pokemon with high Defense would be hard to injure. Rhinos and armadillos.

Now, what about Pokemon with high HP. What common trait would they share?

I mean if Pokemon existed we wouldn't refer to their powers as 'stats'. We wouldn't say HP or Sp.Def.

I mean, even in the anime, they never say the words 'stats' or 'attack' or 'defense'.

Like in real life, how would you say that a Scizor has high attack? Or a Blissey has high HP? Or that a Ninjask has high speed?

Explain the stats please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Pokemon with large HP appear to be fat rotund. Like Snorlax, Blissey, Wailord, etc.

I guess with a lot of the cases, the Pokemon's type and general "animal" group kinda plays a role. The time before the physical/special split is pretty much evidence of this. Water, Fire, Electric, Psychic, tend to be more special based. So I guess aquatic creatures, volcanic things, humanoid robot things (psychic) etc. Meanwhile you have like Fighting, Rock, Ground, that are more physical, so really most of the human-shape Pokemon, and desert or earth related things tend to focus on physical attacks.

Obviously there are a lot of counter examples, as you mention like Crawdaunt, Sharpedo for water, but the trend is strong enough to notice.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I think It would be something like this:
    Ninjask Is verry fast!
    Scizor Is a verry strong Pokemon with a Greath Strength
    Blissey Has a Great endurance

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is the third thread on roughly the same subject you make and I think the discussion will just get more substantial if we merge them. Sooo, I'm merging your old thread into this one! Send me a message if you really don't agree, but yeah.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Most HP based Pokemon would be quite fat bulky and able to take a hit. Defensive Pokemon would have some sort of armor around them, while a Specially Defensive Pokemon might have a magical form of armor. A fast Pokemon with a high Speed stat would look sleek, thin and light on its feet, and attackers would have a strong body, with..well, maybe big arms. Special attackers would basically be magicians.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Pokemon with high Defense would be hard to injure. Rhinos and armadillos.
    I see HP would be stamina. How long you can take/endure punishment/discomforts is all in stamina and maybe also in health(of course Health Points)

I also see Sp Defense as mental strength like how much your brain can process certain occurrence and reflex(the ability to react). Also Sp Defense can also be a measure of your sanity and trustfulness. If you are easily fooled then obviously you have a low Sp Defense if were talking about Pokemon.

Back