• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How routine are you?

Sirfetch’d

It's pretty common knowledge that most living things are creatures of habit. As humans this is probably more or less true for us, especially once we start going to school or get jobs. How routine are you in your daily life? Does your daily schedule fluctuate much? Does each day feel like you are just repeating yesterday? Or are you not routine at all?

I ask this because today feels exactly like yesterday and it's such a weird feeling for some reason lol

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Isn't this just an opposite thread of the impulsiveness one?

I can be kind of routine with some things, but honestly the idea of a '9 - 5' life just sounds so toxic to me. :/
    Not to be rude, but I can't imagine living in such a compartmentalized and restricted lifestyle...

Sirfetch’d

Isn't this just an opposite thread of the impulsiveness one?

I can be kind of routine with some things, but honestly the idea of a '9 - 5' life just sounds so toxic to me. :/
    Not to be rude, but I can't imagine living in such a compartmentalized and restricted lifestyle...

lol I guess it is sort of an opposite of that thread but I didn't notice that when I made them. I guess you could go into detail more of whichever one fits you best.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I can be a pretty strict routine kind of person. Mostly because I'm autistic, but it depends on what I'm doing. One of my biggest routines is the one I have at bed time. First, my fan has to be on high, my door has to be closed, my TV has to be on Boomerang, PelleK's Be Prepared playing all night and my Sebastian Michaelis plush cuddled in my arms.

Then there's my morning routine. I take my concerta first, then my abilify, and then the pill for my high blood pressure... all in that very order.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I got mad at someone at work for trying to take my department's trash out because my cleaning schedule dictates I do that after I mop the floors, not before.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm routine about the usual stuff such as showering and cleaning my teeth twice a day. Having 3 meals and some snacks in between. Besides that, it's all pretty random. One day could be spent doing a little homework and then watching anime, or it could be me on youtube all day while playing Pokemon.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm incredibly routine, mostly due to my job not giving me an awful lot of scope or flexibility to do anything different or interesting.

I get up at the same time every morning, get the same bus to work every morning, arrive at the same time, take my break at the same time, leave at (roughly) the same time, get the same bus home, get home at the same time, do pretty much the same things day in/day out once i'm home, and then go to bed at the same time each night.

It's monotonous, and it's boring, but i'd much rather this than a few years ago when I was jobless, had no sleeping pattern whatsoever and no real reason to wake up in the morning.

Routineless is worse than routine, imo.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Routines are something I often have to instate so my life doesn't become a mess. I need routines, and I don't think my Autism lends itself all too much to that. Then again, my Autism is so nonexistant nowadays... sometimes I feel like it's not even there. It sure wouldn't be someone's first impression. :A

Years
  • I'm not big with daily routines, some times i'll have breakfast and others I won't, and at night i'll shower one night and not the next. But I never have a concrete time as to when I get around to doing my classwork...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • When I was in highschool last year and the years before that every day felt the same. Honestly, every week was a blur; a lot of the days weren't very unique or memorable to say the least haha. Now that I've finished, my life has a bit more variety, I've got a bit more freedom so I'm so restricted to a routine at the moment. When uni starts I'll get back into a routine (which I'm actually looking forward too) but not nearly to the degree as <last year.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • the only routine i have is my bedtime routine. take my medicine, take my contacts out, go to the bathroom, check the lights, make sure the door is locked, go in my room and turn the lights off. seems pretty ocd...

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I do have some weird routines. I cycle a different route from home to the bus stop as vice versa and I always enter the university from the side entrance while I leave everyday through the main entrance. I've lately started questioning why. Still haven't found an answer.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I used to have a stringent routine, but my fiance got a new job in which he pretty much leaves work at a different non-consistent time each day he's there and doesn't work consecutive days. So right now, my routine is kind of thrown out of whack. Honestly, everything's a bit crazy.

Generally though, I want a consistent routine because I don't like things happening unannounced. They irritate me. A sense of structure is nice, but I hate routines simultaneously because of how boring they get. I suppose this new routine we're falling into will probably have the best of both worlds. A bit of spontaneity within a structured environment. That's probably best for me.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Now that I think of it I'm pretty routine. Before going to class I do the same things in the same order. When I come back though things are a bit different depending on workload ha. I always do my studying/hw first before I then go off to do other things. But I always end the day with writing and a cup of tea no matter what. On weekends anything is game so I'm not too routine then.

Back