• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
  • Spoiler:
    Ok I though I knew what caused this error but apprantly not. Dose anyone have a clue what this is cause I don't. it occours when ever an opponent switch to its next pokemon. Mostly in multi battle but has now become preverlent in signle battles.

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
    Years
  • Hey guys! So I've been having some problems with the Ally Sprites, and I'm pretty sure it's because I am not using the Gen 6 Animated sprites given in the game.
    According to the editor, everything should be appearing as normal like this:
    c3Hue7.png

However, when I'm in game, I am getting this:
    https://imageshack.com/i/f0SimBDmp

I was wondering as to why this is happening, and where in the scripts I can revert it back to where it used the static sprites. At the moment I am not really using the Gen 6 Pokemon, and don't see a need for the animated sprites.
    Any help is greatly appreciated; Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I start up Game.exe I get this error message:

Script 'BitmapCache' line 393: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Titles/gen6_bg

I haven't changed anything except for replacing the files with the ones in the download. Did I do something wrong? It's a start-from-scratch version of RPG Maker Xp 15.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    when NPC trainer's pokemon use Infestation move, it's have this error. how to fix it? thanks
    Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5476:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3430:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3429:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3429:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3671:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3670:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3670:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3086:in `pbAttackPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3057:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3057:in `pbAttackPhase'
    "isFainted?" is a function defined in the Battler class. What's probably happened is you tried to call it for an object of a different class.

Years
  • Hi,
    I'm having an issue with the MOODY ability where it says this error:

Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_Battle:4049:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2791:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2774:in `loop'

The Script Section which corresponds is..
    Code:
    # Moody
          if i.hasWorkingAbility(:MOODY)
            PBDebug.log("[#{i.pbThis}'s Moody triggered]")
            randomup=[]; randomdown=[]
            for i in [PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::SPATK,
                      PBStats::SPDEF,PBStats::ACCURACY,PBStats::EVASION]
              randomup.push(i) if !i.pbTooHigh?(i)
              randomdown.push(i) if !i.pbTooLow?(i)
            end
        statnames=[_INTL("Attack"),_INTL("Defense"),_INTL("Speed"),_INTL("Special Attack"),
                       _INTL("Special Defense"),_INTL("accuracy"),_INTL("evasiveness")]
            if randomup.length>0
              r=self.pbRandom(randomup.length)
              i.pbIncreaseStatBasic(randomup[r],2)
              pbDisplayEffect(i)
              pbCommonAnimation("StatUp",i,nil)
              if EFFECTMESSAGES
                @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} rose sharply!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomup[r]-1]))
              else
                pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Moody sharply raised its {2}!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomup[r]-1]))
              end
            end
            if randomdown.length>0
              r=self.pbRandom(randomdown.length)
              i.pbReduceStatBasic(randomdown[r],1)
              pbCommonAnimation("StatDown",i,nil)
              if EFFECTMESSAGES
                @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} fell!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomdown[r]-1]))
              else
                pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Moody lowered its {2}!",i.pbThis,statnames[randomdown[r]-1]))
              end
            end
          end
        end
        for i in priority
          next if i.isFainted?
    Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Hello everyone, I found a bug in double battles that happens when the pokemon of a partner trainer faints.
    It says no method error for " .ability " in pbSwitch and in the code it is this thing

if isConst?(@party2[newenemy].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION ( line 1551 of Pokebattle_battle)

I've tried a bunch of things to fix it but nothing worked. By the way, it does not crash or anything. What happens is that the partner doesn't send out anything.

Also there's this a few lines below ,wich is the code for when the player sends out an Illusion pokemon, and that works perfect.

if isConst?(party[newpoke].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION

(I'm using everything from latest versions v15.1+Gen 6 add ons+ patches of the add ons)

Years
  • I've been playing around with this a bit and I've found that the ability aftermath does damage every turn, not only the turn that the opponent faints. The fix seems simple enough (I'm pretty sure I didn't screw anything up :P)

In PokeBattle_Battler I added the red.
    Code:
    if target.hasWorkingAbility(:AFTERMATH,true) && !user.isFainted? [COLOR=Red]&& target.isFainted?[/COLOR]
    Also kecleon didn't have a hidden ability defined. I haven't gone through to see if any others were missing yet.

And finally I'd like to second Sir_Tman's question about double battles when you have a partner. The bit of code causing the error has to do with Illusion. I managed to bypass the error by adding the lines in green, but it doesn't actually fix the problem itself, so is someone could come up with something better that'd be great.

Code:
          if !pbOwnedByPlayer?(index)
            if !pbIsOpposing?(index) || (@opponent && pbIsOpposing?(index))
              newenemy=pbSwitchInBetween(index,false,false)
              [COLOR=SeaGreen]if pbIsOpposing?(index) #Temp Edit[/COLOR]
              if isConst?(@party2[newenemy].ability,PBAbilities,:ILLUSION) #ILLUSION
                [email protected]_all {|item| item && !item.egg? && item.hp>0 }
                if party3[@party2.length-1] != @party2[newenemy]
                  illusionpoke = party3[party3.length-1]
                end
              end #ILLUSION
              newname = illusionpoke != nil ? illusionpoke.name : @party2[newenemy].name #ILLUSION
              [COLOR=SeaGreen]end #Temp Edit[/COLOR]
              opponent=pbGetOwner(index)

I confirm this gets rid of the error message and the partner sends out the pokemon but I don't think it solves the actual problem
    also , anyone knows if there's something like a form offset X or something like that? I'm using 5th gen sprites and a lot of the megas get half cut off.
    it's like they are limited to 160 pixels orizontally. (happpens only with forms , base sprites are fine )

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    hey i was posting a few pages earlier that forecast had the problem of showing it changed your form multiple times per turn even if it didnt change anything.
    this is easily fixed. im not gonna post my whole forecast script here as ive added a lot of things .

you just have to find "forecast" in pokebattle_battler. its normally around line 820 or so (i have heavily edited abilities)
    you just have to cut "@battle.pbDisplayEffect(self)" from the end of the script (so delete if from the end of the script) and paste it for every weather like this:

Spoiler:

this can be done for every weather u have added so it only displays a change when it really changes castforms form. pretty easy if somethings wrong just reply.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I am using the new exp share, that gives all pokemon ex, but when my fighting pokemon is fainted cause it or the enemy uses explosion or stuff, an error appears. (Probably because it cant give the fainted pokemon ex or something)

Code:
      # new exp share
            for j in [email protected]
              next if !@party1[j] || !pbIsOwner?(0,j)
              if @party1[j].hp>0 && !@party1[j].isEgg? && $PokemonGlobal.expAll
                expAll.push(@party1[j])
                receivingExp.push(@party1[j])
              end
            end
            receivingExp.uniq! #remove duplicates
            # Now calculate EXP for the all the pokemon
            if receivingExp.length>0
              if !@opponent && successbegin && pbAllFainted?(@party2)
                @scene.pbWildBattleSuccess
                successbegin=false
              end
              for j in 0...receivingExp.length
                thispoke=@party1[receivingExp[j].partyIndex]
                next if !@party1[receivingExp[j].partyIndex] || !pbIsOwner?(0,receivingExp[j].partyIndex)

ispartic=0
                haveexpshare=(isConst?(thispoke.item,PBItems,:EXPSHARE) ||
                              isConst?(thispoke.itemInitial,PBItems,:EXPSHARE)) ? 1 : 0
                giveExpAll = $PokemonGlobal.expAll
                for k in @battlers[i].participants
                  ispartic=1 if k==thispoke.partyIndex
                end
                if thispoke.hp>0 && !thispoke.isEgg?
                  exp=0
                  if expshare.length>0
                    if partic.length==0
                      exp=(level*baseexp).floor
                      exp=(exp/expshare.length).floor*haveexpshare
                    else
                      exp=(level*baseexp/2).floor
                      exp=(exp/partic.length).floor*ispartic + (exp/expshare.length).floor*haveexpshare
                    end
                  elsif ispartic==1
                    exp=(level*baseexp/partic.length).floor
                  elsif giveExpAll #if not a participant or holding normal exp share, give 1/2 exp
                    exp=(level*baseexp/partic.length/2).floor
                  end
                  exp=(exp*3/2).floor if @opponent
                  if USENEWEXPFORMULA   # Use new (Gen 5) Exp. formula
                    exp=(exp/5).floor
                    leveladjust=(2*level+10.0)/(level+thispoke.level+10.0)
                    leveladjust=leveladjust**5
                    leveladjust=Math.sqrt(leveladjust)
                    exp=(exp*leveladjust).floor
                    exp+=1 if ispartic>0 || haveexpshare>0
                  else                  # Use old (Gen 1-4) Exp. formula
                    exp=(exp/7).floor
                  end
                  isOutsider=(thispoke.trainerID!=self.pbPlayer.id ||
                     (thispoke.language!=0 && thispoke.language!=self.pbPlayer.language))
                  if isOutsider
                    if thispoke.language!=0 && thispoke.language!=self.pbPlayer.language
                      exp=(exp*17/10).floor
                    else
                      exp=(exp*3/2).floor
                    end
                  end
                  exp=(exp*3/2).floor if isConst?(thispoke.item,PBItems,:LUCKYEGG) ||
                                         isConst?(thispoke.itemInitial,PBItems,:LUCKYEGG)
                  growthrate=thispoke.growthrate
                  newexp=PBExperience.pbAddExperience(thispoke.exp,exp,growthrate)
                  exp=newexp-thispoke.exp
                  if exp > 0
                    if isOutsider
                      pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} erhält {2} Erfahrungspunkte!",thispoke.name,exp))
                    else
                      pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} erhält {2} Erfahrungspunkte!",thispoke.name,exp))
                    end
                    #Gain effort value points, using RS effort values
                    totalev=0
                    for k in 0..5
                      totalev+=thispoke.ev[k]
                    end

Years
  • hey i was posting a few pages earlier that forecast had the problem of showing it changed your form multiple times per turn even if it didnt change anything.
    this is easily fixed. im not gonna post my whole forecast script here as ive added a lot of things .

you just have to find "forecast" in pokebattle_battler. its normally around line 820 or so (i have heavily edited abilities)
    you just have to cut "@battle.pbDisplayEffect(self)" from the end of the script (so delete if from the end of the script) and paste it for every weather like this:

Spoiler:

this can be done for every weather u have added so it only displays a change when it really changes castforms form. pretty easy if somethings wrong just reply.

Better yet, rather than deleting the line and moving it, just add "if transformed" to the end of it. That's what I did.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Better yet, rather than deleting the line and moving it, just add "if transformed" to the end of it. That's what I did.

no thats way too easy ;) yeah youre right. thats a way more logical version of fixing it especially if u have added more weathers. :)

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
    Years
  • First off awesome pack, I just implemented my game using this pack. Was real easy switching from base essential to Gen 6. Only problem I'm having now is when I go to fight a trainer the pokemI have assigned to the trainer are not working they are randomizing pokemon during trainer battles. I thought it was my randomizer script but I deleted it and when I when to debug screen and into my switches the switch for the randomizer is off. Did you change something in core script for this problem to occur.

Years
  • First off awesome pack, I just implemented my game using this pack. Was real easy switching from base essential to Gen 6. Only problem I'm having now is when I go to fight a trainer the pokemI have assigned to the trainer are not working they are randomizing pokemon during trainer battles. I thought it was my randomizer script but I deleted it and when I when to debug screen and into my switches the switch for the randomizer is off. Did you change something in core script for this problem to occur.

The Gen VI Pack has one building where the script will randomize trainer pokemon. Maybe your map is where that building used to be. Look for the "random trainers" switch.

ReVaN777

Years
  • The Gen VI Pack has one building where the script will randomize trainer pokemon. Maybe your map is where that building used to be. Look for the "random trainers" switch.

Thank you for the quick reply. I shall look into it. I had a feeling there was something in the pack that was making that happen. Again thank you very much Rot8er_ConeX

Edit: figured out the problem my switch 59 witch is the random trainer switch for Gen 6 are the same. What script is the switch reading from so I can switch the number to a reserved switch like 37?

Resolved: The switch for Random trainers is in PField_EncounterModifiers

All you would need to do to change the switch for random trainer is to change the red in the code to a different number
    Code:
    # This is the basis of a trainer modifier.  It works both for trainers loaded
    # when you battle them, and for partner trainers when they are registered.
    # Note that you can only modify a partner trainer's Pokémon, and not the trainer
    # themselves nor their items this way, as those are generated from scratch
    # before each battle.
    #Events.onTrainerPartyLoad+=proc {|sender,e|
    #   if e[0] # Trainer data should exist to be loaded, but may not exist somehow
    #     trainer=e[0][0] # A PokeBattle_Trainer object of the loaded trainer
    #     items=e[0][1]   # An array of the trainer's items they can use
    #     party=e[0][2]   # An array of the trainer's Pokémon
    #     YOUR CODE HERE
    #   end
    #}

Events.onTrainerPartyLoad+=proc {|sender,e|
    [COLOR="Red"]  if $game_switches[59][/COLOR]
       if e[0] # Trainer data should exist to be loaded, but may not exist somehow
         trainer=e[0][0] # A PokeBattle_Trainer object of the loaded trainer
         items=e[0][1]   # An array of the trainer's items they can use
         party=e[0][2]   # An array of the trainer's Pokémon
         for poke in party
            poke.species=1+rand(PBSpecies.maxValue)
            poke.level=(pbLevelModifier("max",1)*9/10.floor)+rand(4)-rand(8)
            poke.calcStats
            poke.resetMoves
            poke.species = pbGetBabySpecies(poke.species) # revert to the first evolution
              item = 0
              loop do
                nl = poke.level + 5
                nl = MAXIMUMLEVEL if nl > MAXIMUMLEVEL
                pkmn = PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(poke.species, nl)
                cevo = Kernel.pbCheckEvolution(pkmn)
                evo = pbGetEvolvedFormData(poke.species)
                if evo
                  evo = evo[rand(evo.length - 1)]
                  # evolve the species if we can't evolve and there is an evolution
                  # and a bit of randomness passes as well as the evolution type cannot
                  # be by level
                  if evo && cevo < 1 && rand(MAXIMUMLEVEL) <= poke.level
                    species = evo[2] if evo[0] != 4 && rand(MAXIMUMLEVEL) <= poke.level
                  end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Problem with Mega Evolution Sprites

I am using the Gen 6 addon and over the past few days I've fixed a common issue with the Y coordinates of Pokemon being wrong. However, upon testing out certain Mega evolutions, I noticed that when a pokemon mega evolves, their sprite moves upwards by a lot. Another problem I'm having relates to the width of the sprites. Are sprites not supposed to be wider than a certain width? Because the mega evolution back sprites are cut off from their right-side along with being sent upwards. Is there a way I can fix these problems? I tried looking through the scripts but I couldn't find anything.

ReVaN777

Years
  • I am using the Gen 6 addon and over the past few days I've fixed a common issue with the Y coordinates of Pokemon being wrong.

How did you fix this problem?

Resolved: I found the problem you need to change your Pokebattle_sceneconstants to

Code:
    module PokeBattle_SceneConstants
      USECOMMANDBOX = true # If true, expects the file Graphics/Pictures/battleCommand.png
      USEFIGHTBOX   = true # If true, expects the file Graphics/Pictures/battleFight.png

# Text colors
      MESSAGEBASECOLOR        = Color.new(80,80,88)
      MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR      = Color.new(160,160,168)
      MENUBASECOLOR           = MESSAGEBASECOLOR
      MENUSHADOWCOLOR         = MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
      BOXTEXTBASECOLOR        = Color.new(72,72,72)
      BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR      = Color.new(184,184,184)
      PPTEXTBASECOLOR         = MESSAGEBASECOLOR        # More than 1/2 of total PP
      PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR       = MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
      PPTEXTBASECOLORYELLOW   = Color.new(248,192,0)    # 1/2 of total PP or less
      PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORYELLOW = Color.new(144,104,0)
      PPTEXTBASECOLORORANGE   = Color.new(248,136,32)   # 1/4 of total PP or less
      PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORORANGE = Color.new(144,72,24)
      PPTEXTBASECOLORRED      = Color.new(248,72,72)    # Zero PP
      PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORRED    = Color.new(136,48,48)

# HP bar colors
      HPCOLORGREEN        = Color.new(24,192,32)
      HPCOLORGREENDARK    = Color.new(0,144,0)
      HPCOLORYELLOW       = Color.new(248,176,0)
      HPCOLORYELLOWDARK   = Color.new(176,104,8)
      HPCOLORRED          = Color.new(248,88,40)
      HPCOLORREDDARK      = Color.new(168,48,56)

# Exp bar colors
      EXPCOLORBASE       = Color.new(72,144,248)
      EXPCOLORSHADOW     = Color.new(48,96,216)

# Position and width of HP/Exp bars
      HPGAUGE_X    = 102
      HPGAUGE_Y    = 40
      HPGAUGESIZE  = 96
      EXPGAUGE_X   = 6
      EXPGAUGE_Y   = 76
      EXPGAUGESIZE = 192

# Coordinates of the top left of the player's data boxes
      PLAYERBOX_X   = Graphics.width - 244
      PLAYERBOX_Y   = Graphics.height - 192
      PLAYERBOXD1_X = PLAYERBOX_X - 12
      PLAYERBOXD1_Y = PLAYERBOX_Y - 20
      PLAYERBOXD2_X = PLAYERBOX_X
      PLAYERBOXD2_Y = PLAYERBOX_Y + 34

# Coordinates of the top left of the foe's data boxes
      FOEBOX_X      = -16
      FOEBOX_Y      = 36
      FOEBOXD1_X    = FOEBOX_X + 12
      FOEBOXD1_Y    = FOEBOX_Y - 34
      FOEBOXD2_X    = FOEBOX_X
      FOEBOXD2_Y    = FOEBOX_Y + 20

# Coordinates of the top left of the player's Safari game data box
      SAFARIBOX_X = Graphics.width - 232
      SAFARIBOX_Y = Graphics.height - 184

# Coordinates of the party bars and balls of both sides
      # Coordinates are the top left of the graphics except where specified
      PLAYERPARTYBAR_X    = Graphics.width - 248
      PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y    = Graphics.height - 142
      PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X  = PLAYERPARTYBAR_X + 44
      PLAYERPARTYBALL1_Y  = PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y - 30
      PLAYERPARTYBALL_GAP = 32
      FOEPARTYBAR_X       = 248   # Coordinates of end of bar nearest screen middle
      FOEPARTYBAR_Y       = 114
      FOEPARTYBALL1_X     = FOEPARTYBAR_X - 44 - 30   # 30 is width of ball icon
      FOEPARTYBALL1_Y     = FOEPARTYBAR_Y - 30
      FOEPARTYBALL_GAP    = 32   # Distance between centres of two adjacent balls

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the player's battler's sprite
      # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
      PLAYERBATTLER_X   = 128
      PLAYERBATTLER_Y   = Graphics.height - 80
      PLAYERBATTLERD1_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X - 48
      PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y
      PLAYERBATTLERD2_X = PLAYERBATTLER_X + 32
      PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y = PLAYERBATTLER_Y + 16

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the foe's battler's sprite
      # Is also the centre middle of its shadow
      FOEBATTLER_X      = Graphics.width - 128
      FOEBATTLER_Y      = (Graphics.height * 3/4) - 112
      FOEBATTLERD1_X    = FOEBATTLER_X + 48
      FOEBATTLERD1_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y
      FOEBATTLERD2_X    = FOEBATTLER_X - 32
      FOEBATTLERD2_Y    = FOEBATTLER_Y - 16

# Centre bottom of the player's side base graphic
      PLAYERBASEX = PLAYERBATTLER_X
      PLAYERBASEY = PLAYERBATTLER_Y

# Centre middle of the foe's side base graphic
      FOEBASEX    = FOEBATTLER_X
      FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the player's sprite
      PLAYERTRAINER_X   = PLAYERBATTLER_X
      PLAYERTRAINER_Y   = PLAYERBATTLER_Y - 16
      PLAYERTRAINERD1_X = PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
      PLAYERTRAINERD1_Y = PLAYERTRAINER_Y
      PLAYERTRAINERD2_X = PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
      PLAYERTRAINERD2_Y = PLAYERTRAINER_Y

# Coordinates of the centre bottom of the foe trainer's sprite
      FOETRAINER_X      = FOEBATTLER_X
      FOETRAINER_Y      = FOEBATTLER_Y + 6
      FOETRAINERD1_X    = FOEBATTLERD1_X
      FOETRAINERD1_Y    = FOEBATTLERD1_Y + 6
      FOETRAINERD2_X    = FOEBATTLERD2_X
      FOETRAINERD2_Y    = FOEBATTLERD2_Y + 6

# Default focal points of user and target in animations - do not change!
      FOCUSUSER_X   = 128   # 144
      FOCUSUSER_Y   = 224   # 188
      FOCUSTARGET_X = 384   # 352
      FOCUSTARGET_Y = 96    # 108, 98
    end

after you change this you also need to change Pokebattle_scene to

Code:
    =begin
    -  def pbChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
    Use this method to choose a new Pokémon for the enemy
    The enemy's party is guaranteed to have at least one 
    choosable member.
    index - Index to the battler to be replaced (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
    access the battler)
    party - Enemy's party

- def pbWildBattleSuccess
    This method is called when the player wins a wild Pokémon battle.
    This method can change the battle's music for example.

- def pbTrainerBattleSuccess
    This method is called when the player wins a Trainer battle.
    This method can change the battle's music for example.

- def pbFainted(pkmn)
    This method is called whenever a Pokémon faints.
    pkmn - PokeBattle_Battler object indicating the Pokémon that fainted

- def pbChooseEnemyCommand(index)
    Use this method to choose a command for the enemy.
    index - Index of enemy battler (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
    access the battler)

- def pbCommandMenu(index)
    Use this method to display the list of commands and choose
    a command for the player.
    index - Index of battler (use e.g. @battle.battlers[index] to 
    access the battler)
    Return values:
    0 - Fight
    1 - Pokémon
    2 - Bag
    3 - Run
    =end

################################################

class CommandMenuDisplay
      attr_accessor :mode

def initialize(viewport=nil)
        @display=nil
        if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USECOMMANDBOX
          @display=IconSprite.new(0,Graphics.height-96,viewport)
          @display.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/battleCommand")
        end
        @window=Window_CommandPokemon.newWithSize([],
           Graphics.width-240,Graphics.height-96,240,96,viewport)
        @window.columns=2
        @window.columnSpacing=4
        @window.ignore_input=true
        @msgbox=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize(
           "",16,Graphics.height-96+2,220,96,viewport)
        @msgbox.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGEBASECOLOR
        @msgbox.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
        @msgbox.windowskin=nil
        @title=""
        @buttons=nil
        if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USECOMMANDBOX
          @window.opacity=0
          @window.x=Graphics.width
          @buttons=CommandMenuButtons.new(self.index,self.mode,viewport)
        end
      end

def x; @window.x; end
      def x=(value)
        @window.x=value
        @msgbox.x=value
        @display.x=value if @display
        @buttons.x=value if @buttons
      end

def y; @window.y; end
      def y=(value)
        @window.y=value
        @msgbox.y=value
        @display.y=value if @display
        @buttons.y=value if @buttons
      end

def z; @window.z; end
      def z=(value)
        @window.z=value
        @msgbox.z=value
        @display.z=value if @display
        @buttons.z=value+1 if @buttons
      end

def ox; @window.ox; end
      def ox=(value)
        @window.ox=value
        @msgbox.ox=value
        @display.ox=value if @display
        @buttons.ox=value if @buttons
      end

def oy; @window.oy; end
      def oy=(value)
        @window.oy=value
        @msgbox.oy=value
        @display.oy=value if @display
        @buttons.oy=value if @buttons
      end

def visible; @window.visible; end
      def visible=(value)
        @window.visible=value
        @msgbox.visible=value
        @display.visible=value if @display
        @buttons.visible=value if @buttons
      end

def color; @window.color; end
      def color=(value)
        @window.color=value
        @msgbox.color=value
        @display.color=value if @display
        @buttons.color=value if @buttons
      end

def disposed?
        return @msgbox.disposed? || @window.disposed?
      end

def dispose
        return if disposed?
        @msgbox.dispose
        @window.dispose
        @display.dispose if @display
        @buttons.dispose if @buttons
      end

def index; @window.index; end
      def index=(value); @window.index=value; end

def setTexts(value)
        @msgbox.text=value[0]
        commands=[]
        for i in 1..4
          commands.push(value[i]) if value[i] && value[i]!=nil
        end
        @window.commands=commands
      end

def refresh
        @msgbox.refresh
        @window.refresh
        @buttons.refresh(self.index,self.mode) if @buttons
      end

def update
        @msgbox.update
        @window.update
        @display.update if @display
        @buttons.update(self.index,self.mode) if @buttons
      end
    end

class CommandMenuButtons < BitmapSprite
      def initialize(index=0,mode=0,viewport=nil)
        super(260,96,viewport)
        self.x=Graphics.width-260
        self.y=Graphics.height-96
        @mode=mode
        @buttonbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleCommandButtons"))
        refresh(index,mode)
      end

def dispose
        @buttonbitmap.dispose
        super
      end

def update(index=0,mode=0)
        refresh(index,mode)
      end

def refresh(index,mode=0)
        self.bitmap.clear
        @mode=mode
        cmdarray=[0,2,1,3]
        case @mode
        when 1
          cmdarray=[0,2,1,4] # Use "Call"
        when 2
          cmdarray=[5,7,6,3] # Safari Zone battle
        when 3
          cmdarray=[0,8,1,3] # Bug Catching Contest
        end
        for i in 0...4
          next if i==index
          x=((i%2)==0) ? 0 : 126
          y=((i/2)==0) ? 6 : 48
          self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,cmdarray[i]*46,130,46))
        end
        for i in 0...4
          next if i!=index
          x=((i%2)==0) ? 0 : 126
          self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(130,cmdarray[i]*46,130,46))
        end
      end
    end

class FightMenuDisplay
      attr_reader :battler
      attr_reader :index
      attr_accessor :megaButton

def initialize(battler,viewport=nil)
        @display=nil
        if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USEFIGHTBOX
          @display=IconSprite.new(0,Graphics.height-96,viewport)
          @display.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/battleFight")
        end
        @window=Window_CommandPokemon.newWithSize([],0,Graphics.height-96,320,96,viewport)
        @window.columns=2
        @window.columnSpacing=4
        @window.ignore_input=true
        pbSetNarrowFont(@window.contents)
        @info=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.newWithSize(
           "",320,Graphics.height-96,Graphics.width-320,96,viewport)
        pbSetNarrowFont(@info.contents)
        @ctag=shadowctag(PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,
                         PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR)
        @buttons=nil
        @battler=battler
        @index=0
        @megaButton=0 # 0=don't show, 1=show, 2=pressed
        if PokeBattle_SceneConstants::USEFIGHTBOX
          @window.opacity=0
          @window.x=Graphics.width
          @info.opacity=0
          @info.x=Graphics.width+Graphics.width-96
          @buttons=FightMenuButtons.new(self.index,nil,viewport)
        end
        refresh
      end

def x; @window.x; end
      def x=(value)
        @window.x=value
        @info.x=value
        @display.x=value if @display
        @buttons.x=value if @buttons
      end

def y; @window.y; end
      def y=(value)
        @window.y=value
        @info.y=value
        @display.y=value if @display
        @buttons.y=value if @buttons
      end

def z; @window.z; end
      def z=(value)
        @window.z=value
        @info.z=value
        @display.z=value if @display
        @buttons.z=value+1 if @buttons
      end

def ox; @window.ox; end
      def ox=(value)
        @window.ox=value
        @info.ox=value
        @display.ox=value if @display
        @buttons.ox=value if @buttons
      end

def oy; @window.oy; end
      def oy=(value)
        @window.oy=value
        @info.oy=value
        @display.oy=value if @display
        @buttons.oy=value if @buttons
      end

def visible; @window.visible; end
      def visible=(value)
        @window.visible=value
        @info.visible=value
        @display.visible=value if @display
        @buttons.visible=value if @buttons
      end

def color; @window.color; end
      def color=(value)
        @window.color=value
        @info.color=value
        @display.color=value if @display
        @buttons.color=value if @buttons
      end

def disposed?
        return @info.disposed? || @window.disposed?
      end

def dispose
        return if disposed?
        @info.dispose
        @display.dispose if @display
        @buttons.dispose if @buttons
        @window.dispose
      end

def battler=(value)
        @battler=value
        refresh
      end

def setIndex(value)
        if @battler && @battler.moves[value].id!=0
          @index=value
          @window.index=value
          refresh
          return true
        end
        return false
      end

def refresh
        return if !@battler
        commands=[]
        for i in 0...4
          break if @battler.moves[i].id==0
          commands.push(@battler.moves[i].name)
        end
        @window.commands=commands
        [email protected][@index]
        movetype=PBTypes.getName(selmove.type)
        if selmove.totalpp==0
          @info.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}PP: ---<br>TYPE/{2:s}",@ctag,movetype)
        else
          @info.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}PP: {2: 2d}/{3: 2d}<br>TYPE/{4:s}",
             @ctag,selmove.pp,selmove.totalpp,movetype)
        end
      end

def update
        @info.update
        @window.update
        @display.update if @display
        if @buttons
          moves=@battler ? @battler.moves : nil
          @buttons.update(self.index,moves,@megaButton)
        end
      end
    end

class FightMenuButtons < BitmapSprite
      UPPERGAP=46

def initialize(index=0,moves=nil,viewport=nil)
        super(Graphics.width,96+UPPERGAP,viewport)
        self.x=0
        self.y=Graphics.height-96-UPPERGAP
        pbSetNarrowFont(self.bitmap)
        @buttonbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFightButtons")
        @typebitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/types"))
        @megaevobitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleMegaEvo"))
        refresh(index,moves,0)
      end

def dispose
        @buttonbitmap.dispose
        @typebitmap.dispose
        @megaevobitmap.dispose
        super
      end

def update(index=0,moves=nil,megaButton=0)
        refresh(index,moves,megaButton)
      end

def refresh(index,moves,megaButton)
        return if !moves
        self.bitmap.clear
        moveboxes=_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleFightButtons")
        textpos=[]
        for i in 0...4
          next if i==index
          next if moves[i].id==0
          x=((i%2)==0) ? 4 : 192
          y+=UPPERGAP
          self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,moves[i].type*46,192,46))
          textpos.push([_INTL("{1}",moves[i].name),x+96,y+8,2,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR])
        end
        ppcolors=[
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLOR,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORYELLOW,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORYELLOW,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORORANGE,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORORANGE,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTBASECOLORRED,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PPTEXTSHADOWCOLORRED
        ]
        for i in 0...4
          next if i!=index
          next if moves[i].id==0
          x=((i%2)==0) ? 4 : 192
          y+=UPPERGAP
          self.bitmap.blt(x,y,@buttonbitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(192,moves[i].type*46,192,46))
          self.bitmap.blt(416,20+UPPERGAP,@typebitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,moves[i].type*28,64,28))
          textpos.push([_INTL("{1}",moves[i].name),x+96,y+8,2,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR])
          if moves[i].totalpp>0
            ppfraction=(4.0*moves[i].pp/moves[i].totalpp).ceil
            textpos.push([_INTL("PP: {1}/{2}",moves[i].pp,moves[i].totalpp),
               448,50+UPPERGAP,2,ppcolors[(4-ppfraction)*2],ppcolors[(4-ppfraction)*2+1]])
          end
        end
        pbDrawTextPositions(self.bitmap,textpos)
        if megaButton>0
          self.bitmap.blt(146,0,@megaevobitmap.bitmap,Rect.new(0,(megaButton-1)*46,96,46))
        end
      end
    end

class PokemonBattlerSprite < RPG::Sprite
      attr_accessor :selected

def initialize(doublebattle,index,viewport=nil)
        super(viewport)
        @selected=0
        @frame=0
        @index=index
        @updating=false
        @doublebattle=doublebattle
        @index=index
        @spriteX=0
        @spriteY=0
        @spriteXExtra=0
        @spriteYExtra=0
        @spriteVisible=false
        @_iconbitmap=nil
        self.visible=false
      end

def x
        return @spriteX
      end

def y
        return @spriteY
      end

def x=(value)
        @spriteX=value
        super(value+@spriteXExtra)
      end

def y=(value)
        @spriteY=value
        super(value+@spriteYExtra)
      end

def width; return (self.bitmap) ? self.bitmap.width : 0; end
      def height; return (self.bitmap) ? self.bitmap.height : 0; end

def dispose
        @_iconbitmap.dispose if @_iconbitmap
        @_iconbitmap=nil
        self.bitmap=nil if !self.disposed?
        super
      end

def selected=(value)
        if @selected==1 && value!=1 && @spriteYExtra>0
          @spriteYExtra=0
          self.y=@spriteY
        end
        @selected=value
      end

def visible=(value)
        @spriteVisible=value if !@updating
        super
      end

def setPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back=false)
        @_iconbitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back)
        self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap ? @_iconbitmap.bitmap : nil
      end

def setPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon,species,back=false)
        @_iconbitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon,species,back)
        self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap ? @_iconbitmap.bitmap : nil
      end

def update
        @frame+=1
        @updating=true
        @spriteYExtra=0
        # Pokémon sprite bobbing while Pokémon is selected
        if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
          @spriteYExtra=2
        end
        self.x=@spriteX
        self.y=@spriteY
        self.visible=@spriteVisible
        # Pokémon sprite blinking when targeted or damaged
        if @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
          self.visible=(@frame%10<7)
        end
        if @_iconbitmap
          @_iconbitmap.update
          self.bitmap=@_iconbitmap.bitmap
        end
        @updating=false
      end
    end

class SafariDataBox < SpriteWrapper
      attr_reader :appearing

def initialize(battle,viewport=nil)
        super(viewport)
        @selected=0
        @battle=battle
        @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerSafari")
        @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::SAFARIBOX_X
        @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::SAFARIBOX_Y
        @appearing=false
        @contents=BitmapWrapper.new(@databox.width,@databox.height)
        self.bitmap=@contents
        self.visible=false
        self.z=50
        refresh
      end

def appear
        refresh
        self.visible=true
        self.opacity=255
        self.x=@spriteX+240
        self.y=@spriteY
        @appearing=true
      end

def refresh
        self.bitmap.clear
        self.bitmap.blt(0,0,@databox.bitmap,Rect.new(0,0,@databox.width,@databox.height))
        pbSetSystemFont(self.bitmap)
        textpos=[]
        base=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTBASECOLOR
        shadow=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
        textpos.push([_INTL("Safari Balls"),30,8,false,base,shadow])
        textpos.push([_INTL("Left: {1}",@battle.ballcount),30,38,false,base,shadow])
      end

def update
        super
        if @appearing
          self.x-=12
          self.x=@spriteX if self.x<@spriteX
          @appearing=false if self.x<=@spriteX
          self.y=@spriteY
          return
        end
        self.x=@spriteX
        self.y=@spriteY
      end
    end

class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper
      attr_reader :battler
      attr_accessor :appearing
      attr_reader :animatingHP
      attr_reader :animatingEXP

def initialize(battler,doublebattle,viewport=nil)
        super(viewport)
        @explevel=0
        @battler=battler
        @selected=0
        @frame=0
        @showhp=false
        @showexp=false
        @appearing=false
        @animatingHP=false
        @starthp=0
        @currenthp=0
        @endhp=0
        @expflash=0
        if (@battler.index&1)==0 # if player's Pokémon
          @spritebaseX=34
        else
          @spritebaseX=16
        end
        if doublebattle
          case @battler.index
          when 0
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxD")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD1_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD1_Y
          when 1 
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxD")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD1_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD1_Y
          when 2 
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxD")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD2_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOXD2_Y
          when 3 
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxD")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD2_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOXD2_Y
          end
        else
          case @battler.index
          when 0
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battlePlayerBoxS")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOX_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBOX_Y
            @showhp=true
            @showexp=true
          when 1 
            @databox=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/battleFoeBoxS")
            @spriteX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOX_X
            @spriteY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBOX_Y
          end
        end
        @statuses=AnimatedBitmap.new(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/battleStatuses"))
        @contents=BitmapWrapper.new(@databox.width,@databox.height)
        self.bitmap=@contents
        self.visible=false
        self.z=50
        refreshExpLevel
        refresh
      end

def dispose
        @statuses.dispose
        @databox.dispose
        @contents.dispose
        super
      end

def refreshExpLevel
        if [email protected]
          @explevel=0
        else
          [email protected]
          startexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level,growthrate)
          endexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level+1,growthrate)
          if startexp==endexp
            @explevel=0
          else
            @explevel=(@battler.pokemon.exp-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/(endexp-startexp)
          end
        end
      end

def exp
        return @animatingEXP ? @currentexp : @explevel
      end

def hp
        return @animatingHP ? @currenthp : @battler.hp
      end

def animateHP(oldhp,newhp)
        @starthp=oldhp
        @currenthp=oldhp
        @endhp=newhp
        @animatingHP=true
      end

def animateEXP(oldexp,newexp)
        @currentexp=oldexp
        @endexp=newexp
        @animatingEXP=true
      end

def appear
        refreshExpLevel
        refresh
        self.visible=true
        self.opacity=255
          self.x=@spriteX+320
        else
          self.x=@spriteX-320
        end
        self.y=@spriteY
        @appearing=true
      end

def refresh
        self.bitmap.clear
        return if [email protected]
        self.bitmap.blt(0,0,@databox.bitmap,Rect.new(0,0,@databox.width,@databox.height))
        base=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTBASECOLOR
        shadow=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
        [email protected]
        pbSetSystemFont(self.bitmap)
        textpos=[
           [pokename,@spritebaseX+8,6,false,base,shadow]
        ]
        genderX=self.bitmap.text_size(pokename).width
        genderX+=@spritebaseX+14
        if @battler.gender==0 # Male
          textpos.push([_INTL("♂"),genderX,6,false,Color.new(48,96,216),shadow])
        elsif @battler.gender==1 # Female
          textpos.push([_INTL("♀"),genderX,6,false,Color.new(248,88,40),shadow])
        end
        pbSetSmallFont(self.bitmap)
        textpos=[
           [_INTL("Lv{1}",@battler.level),@spritebaseX+202,8,true,base,shadow]
        ]
        if @showhp
          hpstring=_ISPRINTF("{1: 2d}/{2: 2d}",self.hp,@battler.totalhp)
          textpos.push([hpstring,@spritebaseX+188,48,true,base,shadow])
        end
        imagepos=[]
        if @battler.pokemon.isShiny?
          shinyX=206
          shinyX=-6 if (@battler.index&1)==0 # If player's Pokémon
          imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/shiny.png",@spritebaseX+shinyX,36,0,0,-1,-1])
        end
        if @battler.isMega?
          imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/battleMegaEvoBox.png",@spritebaseX+8,34,0,0,-1,-1])
        end
        if @battler.owned && (@battler.index&1)==1
          imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/battleBoxOwned.png",@spritebaseX+8,36,0,0,-1,-1])
        end
        pbDrawImagePositions(self.bitmap,imagepos)
        if @battler.status>0
          self.bitmap.blt(@spritebaseX+24,36,@statuses.bitmap,
             Rect.new(0,(@battler.status-1)*16,44,16))
        end
        hpGaugeSize=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE
        [email protected]==0 ? 0 : (self.hp*hpGaugeSize/@battler.totalhp)
        hpgauge=2 if hpgauge==0 && self.hp>0
        hpzone=0
        hpzone=1 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/2).floor
        hpzone=2 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/4).floor
        hpcolors=[
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORGREENDARK,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORGREEN,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORYELLOWDARK,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORYELLOW,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORREDDARK,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPCOLORRED
        ]
        # fill with black (shows what the HP used to be)
        hpGaugeX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGE_X
        hpGaugeY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGE_Y
        if @animatingHP && self.hp>0
          self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY,
             @starthp*hpGaugeSize/@battler.totalhp,6,Color.new(0,0,0))
        end
        # fill with HP color
        self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY,hpgauge,2,hpcolors[hpzone*2])
        self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,hpGaugeY+2,hpgauge,4,hpcolors[hpzone*2+1])
        if @showexp
          # fill with EXP color
          expGaugeX=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGE_X
          expGaugeY=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGE_Y
          self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,expGaugeY,self.exp,2,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPCOLORSHADOW)
          self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,expGaugeY+2,self.exp,2,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPCOLORBASE)
        end
      end

def update
        super
        @frame+=1
        if @animatingHP
          if @currenthp<@endhp
            @currenthp+=[1,(@battler.totalhp/PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE).floor].max
            @currenthp=@endhp if @currenthp>@endhp
          elsif @currenthp>@endhp
            @currenthp-=[1,(@battler.totalhp/PokeBattle_SceneConstants::HPGAUGESIZE).floor].max
            @currenthp=@endhp if @currenthp<@endhp
          end
          @animatingHP=false if @currenthp==@endhp
          refresh
        end
        if @animatingEXP
          if !@showexp
            @currentexp=@endexp
          elsif @currentexp<@endexp   # Gaining Exp
            if @endexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE ||
               @endexp-@currentexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/4
              @currentexp+=4
            else
              @currentexp+=2
            end
            @currentexp=@endexp if @currentexp>@endexp
          elsif @currentexp>@endexp   # Losing Exp
            if @endexp==0 ||
               @currentexp-@endexp>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/4
              @currentexp-=4
            elsif @currentexp>@endexp
              @currentexp-=2
            end
            @currentexp=@endexp if @currentexp<@endexp
          end
          refresh
          if @currentexp==@endexp
            if @currentexp==PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE
              if @expflash==0
                pbSEPlay("expfull")
                self.flash(Color.new(64,200,248),8)
                @expflash=8
              else
                @expflash-=1
                if @expflash==0
                  @animatingEXP=false
                  refreshExpLevel
                end
              end
            else
              @animatingEXP=false
            end
          end
        end
        if @appearing
            self.x-=12
            self.x=@spriteX if self.x<@spriteX
            @appearing=false if self.x<=@spriteX
          else
            self.x+=12
            self.x=@spriteX if self.x>@spriteX
            @appearing=false if self.x>=@spriteX
          end
          self.y=@spriteY
          return
        end
        self.x=@spriteX
        self.y=@spriteY
        # Data box bobbing while Pokémon is selected
        if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1   # Choosing commands for this Pokémon
          self.y=@spriteY+2
        elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2   # When targeted or damaged
          self.y=@spriteY+2
        end
      end
    end

def showShadow?(species)
      metrics=load_data("Data/metrics.dat")
      return metrics[2][species]>0
    end

# Shows the enemy trainer(s)'s Pokémon being thrown out.  It appears at coords
    # (@spritex,@spritey), and moves in y to @endspritey where it stays for the rest
    # of the battle, i.e. the latter is the more important value.
    # Doesn't show the ball itself being thrown.
    class PokeballSendOutAnimation
      SPRITESTEPS=10
      STARTZOOM=0.125

def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
        @disposed=false
        @ballused=pkmn.pokemon ? pkmn.pokemon.ballused : 0
        @PokemonBattlerSprite=sprite
        @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=false
        @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(248,248,248,248)
        @pokeballsprite=IconSprite.new(0,0,sprite.viewport)
        @pokeballsprite.setBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",@ballused))
        if doublebattle
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X if pkmn.index==1
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X if pkmn.index==3
        else
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
        end
        @spritey=0
        @endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(sprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)
        if doublebattle
          @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
          @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
        else
          @spritey=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
        end
        @spritehash=spritehash
        @pokeballsprite.x=@[email protected]/2
        @pokeballsprite.y=@[email protected]/2-4
        @[email protected]+1
        @pkmn=pkmn
        @shadowX=@spritex
        @shadowY=@spritey
        if @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"] && @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap!=nil
          @shadowX-=@spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap.width/2
          @shadowY-=@spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].bitmap.height/2
        end
        @shadowVisible=showShadow?(pkmn.species)
        @stepspritey=(@spritey-@endspritey)
        @zoomstep=(1.0-STARTZOOM)/SPRITESTEPS
        @animdone=false
        @frame=0
      end

def disposed?
        return @disposed
      end

def animdone?
        return @animdone
      end

def dispose
        return if disposed?
        @pokeballsprite.dispose
        @disposed=true
      end

def update
        return if disposed?
        @pokeballsprite.update
        @frame+=1
        if @frame==2
          pbSEPlay("recall")
        end
        if @frame==4
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=true
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=STARTZOOM
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=STARTZOOM
          pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,@spritey)
          pbPlayCry(@pkmn.pokemon ? @pkmn.pokemon : @pkmn.species)
          @pokeballsprite.setBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_open",@ballused))
        end
        if @frame==8
          @pokeballsprite.visible=false
        end
        if @frame>8 && @frame<=16
          color=Color.new(248,248,248,256-(16-@frame)*32)
          @spritehash["enemybase"].color=color
          @spritehash["playerbase"].color=color   
          @spritehash["battlebg"].color=color
          for i in 0...4
            @spritehash["shadow#{i}"].color=color if @spritehash["shadow#{i}"]
          end
        end
        if @frame>16 && @frame<=24
          color=Color.new(248,248,248,(24-@frame)*32)
          tone=(24-@frame)*32
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(tone,tone,tone,tone)
          for i in 0...4
          end
        end
        if @frame>5 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x<1.0
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x+=@zoomstep
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y+=@zoomstep
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x > 1.0
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y > 1.0
          currentY=@spritey-(@stepspritey*@PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y)
          pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,currentY)
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.y=currentY
        end
        if @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone.gray<=0 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x>=1.0
          @animdone=true
          if @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"]
            @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].x=@shadowX
            @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].y=@shadowY
            @spritehash["shadow#{@pkmn.index}"].visible=@shadowVisible
          end
        end
      end
    end

# Shows the player's (or partner's) Pokémon being thrown out.  It appears at
    # (@spritex,@spritey), and moves in y to @endspritey where it stays for the rest
    # of the battle, i.e. the latter is the more important value.
    # Doesn't show the ball itself being thrown.
    class PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation
    #  Ball curve: 8,52; 22,44; 52, 96
    #  Player: Color.new(16*8,23*8,30*8)
      SPRITESTEPS=10
      STARTZOOM=0.125

def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
        @disposed=false
        @PokemonBattlerSprite=sprite
        @pkmn=pkmn
        @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=false
        @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(248,248,248,248)
        @spritehash=spritehash
        if doublebattle
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X if pkmn.index==0
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X if pkmn.index==2
        else
          @spritex=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X
        end
        @spritey=0
        @endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(sprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)
        if doublebattle
          @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
          @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
        else
          @spritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
          @endspritey+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
        end
        @animdone=false
        @frame=0
      end

def disposed?
        return @disposed
      end

def animdone?
        return @animdone
      end

def dispose
        return if disposed?
        @disposed=true
      end

def update
        return if disposed?
        @frame+=1
        if @frame==4
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.visible=true
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=STARTZOOM
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=STARTZOOM
          pbSEPlay("recall")
          pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,@spritey)
          pbPlayCry(@pkmn.pokemon ? @pkmn.pokemon : @pkmn.species)
        end
        if @frame>8 && @frame<=16
          color=Color.new(248,248,248,256-(16-@frame)*32)
          for i in 0...4
          end
        end
        if @frame>16 && @frame<=24
          color=Color.new(248,248,248,(24-@frame)*32)
          tone=(24-@frame)*32
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone=Tone.new(tone,tone,tone,tone)
          for i in 0...4
          end
        end
        if @frame>5 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x<1.0
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x+=0.1
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y+=0.1
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x > 1.0
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y=1.0 if @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y > 1.0
          pbSpriteSetCenter(@PokemonBattlerSprite,@spritex,0)
          @PokemonBattlerSprite.y=@spritey+(@endspritey-@spritey)*@PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_y
        end
        if @PokemonBattlerSprite.tone.gray<=0 && @PokemonBattlerSprite.zoom_x>=1.0
          @animdone=true
        end
      end
    end

# Shows the enemy trainer(s) and the enemy party lineup sliding off screen.
    # Doesn't show the ball thrown or the Pokémon.
    class TrainerFadeAnimation
      def initialize(sprites)
        @frame=0
        @sprites=sprites
        @animdone=false
      end

def animdone?
        return @animdone
      end

def update
        return if @animdone
        @frame+=1
        @sprites["trainer"].x+=8
        @sprites["trainer2"].x+=8 if @sprites["trainer2"]
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+=8
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].opacity-=12
        for i in 0...6
          @sprites["enemy#{i}"].opacity-=12
          @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x+=8 if @frame>=i*4
        end
        @animdone=true if @sprites["trainer"].x>=Graphics.width &&
           (!@sprites["trainer2"] || @sprites["trainer2"].x>=Graphics.width)
      end
    end

# Shows the player (and partner) and the player party lineup sliding off screen.
    # Shows the player's/partner's throwing animation (if they have one).
    # Doesn't show the ball thrown or the Pokémon.
    class PlayerFadeAnimation
      def initialize(sprites)
        @frame=0
        @sprites=sprites
        @animdone=false
      end

def animdone?
        return @animdone
      end

def update
        return if @animdone
        @frame+=1
        @sprites["player"].x-=8
        @sprites["playerB"].x-=8 if @sprites["playerB"]
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].x-=8
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].opacity-=12
        for i in 0...6
          if @sprites["player#{i}"]
            @sprites["player#{i}"].opacity-=12 
            @sprites["player#{i}"].x-=8 if @frame>=i*4
          end
        end
        pa=@sprites["player"]
        pb=@sprites["playerB"]
        pawidth=128
        pbwidth=128
        if (pa && pa.bitmap && !pa.bitmap.disposed?)
          if pa.bitmap.height<pa.bitmap.width
            numframes=pa.bitmap.width/pa.bitmap.height # Number of frames
            pawidth=pa.bitmap.width/numframes # Width per frame
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*1 if @frame>0
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*2 if @frame>8
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*3 if @frame>12
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*4 if @frame>16
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=pawidth
          else
            pawidth=pa.bitmap.width
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.x=0
            @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=pawidth
          end
        end
        if (pb && pb.bitmap && !pb.bitmap.disposed?)
          if pb.bitmap.height<pb.bitmap.width
            numframes=pb.bitmap.width/pb.bitmap.height # Number of frames
            pbwidth=pb.bitmap.width/numframes # Width per frame
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*1 if @frame>0
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*2 if @frame>8
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*3 if @frame>12
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=pbwidth*4 if @frame>16
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=pbwidth
          else
            pbwidth=pb.bitmap.width
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=0
            @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=pbwidth
          end
        end
        if pb
          @animdone=true if pb.x<=-pbwidth
        else
          @animdone=true if pa.x<=-pawidth
        end
      end
    end

# Shows the player's Poké Ball being thrown to capture a Pokémon.
    def pokeballThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,scene,battler,burst=-1,showplayer=false)
      balltype=pbGetBallType(ball)
      animtrainer=false
      if showplayer && @sprites["player"].bitmap.width>@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
        animtrainer=true
      end
      oldvisible=@sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible
      @sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible=false
      ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
      ballopen=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_open",balltype)
      # sprites
      spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"]
      spriteBall=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
      spriteBall.visible=false
      spritePlayer=@sprites["player"] if animtrainer
      # pictures
      pictureBall=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+1)
      picturePoke=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z)
      dims=[spritePoke.x,spritePoke.y]
      center=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"])
      if @battle.doublebattle
        ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y-4 if targetBattler==1
        ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y-4 if targetBattler==3
      else
        ballendy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y-4
      end
      if animtrainer
        picturePlayer=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+2)
        playerpos=[@sprites["player"].x,@sprites["player"].y]
      end
      # starting positions
      pictureBall.moveVisible(1,true)
      pictureBall.moveName(1,ball)
      pictureBall.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
      if animtrainer
        pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,64,256)
      else
        pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,10,180)
      end
      picturePoke.moveVisible(1,true)
      picturePoke.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
      picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,center[0],center[1])
      if animtrainer
        picturePlayer.moveVisible(1,true)
        picturePlayer.moveName(1,spritePlayer.name)
        picturePlayer.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::TopLeft)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,1,playerpos[0],playerpos[1])
      end
      # directives
      picturePoke.moveSE(1,"Audio/SE/throw")
      if animtrainer
        pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
        pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-720)
      else
        pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,150,70,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
        pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-1080)
      end
      pictureBall.moveAngle(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,0)
      delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+4
      picturePoke.moveTone(10,delay,Tone.new(0,-224,-224,0))
      delay=picturePoke.totalDuration
      picturePoke.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/recall")
      pictureBall.moveName(delay+4,ballopen)
      if animtrainer
        picturePlayer.moveSrc(1,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height,0)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,1,playerpos[0]-14,playerpos[1])
        picturePlayer.moveSrc(4,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*2,0)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,4,playerpos[0]-12,playerpos[1])
        picturePlayer.moveSrc(8,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*3,0)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,8,playerpos[0]+20,playerpos[1])
        picturePlayer.moveSrc(16,@sprites["player"].bitmap.height*4,0)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,16,playerpos[0]+16,playerpos[1])
        picturePlayer.moveSrc(40,0,0)
        picturePlayer.moveXY(0,40,playerpos[0],playerpos[1])
      end
      loop do
        pictureBall.update
        picturePoke.update
        picturePlayer.update if animtrainer
        setPictureIconSprite(spriteBall,pictureBall)
        setPictureSprite(spritePoke,picturePoke)
        setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer) if animtrainer
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
        break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running?
      end
      # Burst animation here
      if burst>=0 && scene.battle.battlescene
        scene.pbCommonAnimation("BallBurst#{burst}",battler,nil)
      end
      pictureBall.clearProcesses
      picturePoke.clearProcesses
      delay=0
      picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
      picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],center[1])
      picturePoke.moveSE(delay+10,"Audio/SE/jumptoball")
      picturePoke.moveVisible(delay+15,false)
      pictureBall.moveName(picturePoke.totalDuration+2,ball)
      delay=picturePoke.totalDuration+6
      pictureBall.moveXY(10,delay,center[0],ballendy)
      pictureBall.moveSE(pictureBall.totalDuration,"Audio/SE/balldrop")
      pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/2))
      pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
      pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/4))
      pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
      pictureBall.moveXY(1,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy-((ballendy-center[1])/8))
      pictureBall.moveXY(1,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,center[0],ballendy)
      picturePoke.moveXY(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,center[0],ballendy)
      delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18# if shakes==0
      [shakes,3].min.times do
        pictureBall.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/ballshake")
        pictureBall.moveXY(3,delay,center[0]-8,ballendy)
        pictureBall.moveAngle(3,delay,20) # positive means counterclockwise
        delay=pictureBall.totalDuration
        pictureBall.moveXY(6,delay,center[0]+8,ballendy)
        pictureBall.moveAngle(6,delay,-20) # negative means clockwise
        pictureBall.moveXY(3,delay,center[0],ballendy)
        pictureBall.moveAngle(3,delay,0)
        delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18
      end
      if shakes<4
        pictureBall.moveName(delay,ballopen)
        pictureBall.moveVisible(delay+10,false)
        picturePoke.moveVisible(delay,true)
        picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,100)
        picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],center[1])
        picturePoke.moveTone(0,delay,Tone.new(248,248,248,248))
        picturePoke.moveTone(24,delay,Tone.new(0,0,0,0))
      end
      pictureBall.moveXY(0,delay,center[0],ballendy)
      picturePoke.moveOrigin(picturePoke.totalDuration,PictureOrigin::TopLeft)
      picturePoke.moveXY(0,picturePoke.totalDuration,dims[0],dims[1])
      loop do
        pictureBall.update
        picturePoke.update
        pbGraphicsUpdate
        pbInputUpdate
        break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running?
      end
      if shakes<4
        @sprites["shadow#{targetBattler}"].visible=oldvisible
        spriteBall.dispose
      else
        spriteBall.tone=Tone.new(-64,-64,-64,128)
        pbSEPlay("balldrop",100,150)
        @sprites["capture"]=spriteBall
        spritePoke.visible=false
      end
    end

####################################################

class PokeBattle_Scene
      attr_accessor :abortable
      attr_reader :viewport
      attr_reader :sprites
      BLANK      = 0
      MESSAGEBOX = 1
      COMMANDBOX = 2
      FIGHTBOX   = 3

def initialize
        @battle=nil
        @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
        @lastmove=[0,0,0,0]
        @pkmnwindows=[nil,nil,nil,nil]
        @sprites={}
        @battlestart=true
        @messagemode=false
        @abortable=false
        @aborted=false
      end

def pbUpdate
        partyAnimationUpdate
        @sprites["battlebg"].update if @sprites["battlebg"].respond_to?("update")
      end

def pbGraphicsUpdate
        partyAnimationUpdate
        @sprites["battlebg"].update if @sprites["battlebg"].respond_to?("update")
        Graphics.update
      end

def pbInputUpdate
        Input.update
        if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && @abortable && !@aborted
          @aborted=true
          @battle.pbAbort
        end
      end

def pbShowWindow(windowtype)
        @sprites["messagebox"].visible = (windowtype==MESSAGEBOX ||
                                          windowtype==COMMANDBOX ||
                                          windowtype==FIGHTBOX ||
                                          windowtype==BLANK )
        @sprites["messagewindow"].visible = (windowtype==MESSAGEBOX)
        @sprites["commandwindow"].visible = (windowtype==COMMANDBOX)
        @sprites["fightwindow"].visible = (windowtype==FIGHTBOX)
      end

def pbSetMessageMode(mode)
        @messagemode=mode
        msgwindow=@sprites["messagewindow"]
        if mode # Within Pokémon command
          msgwindow.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUBASECOLOR
          msgwindow.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MENUSHADOWCOLOR
          msgwindow.opacity=255
          msgwindow.x=16
          msgwindow.width=Graphics.width
          msgwindow.height=96
          msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-msgwindow.height+2
        else
          msgwindow.baseColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGEBASECOLOR
          msgwindow.shadowColor=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR
          msgwindow.opacity=0
          msgwindow.x=16
          msgwindow.width=Graphics.width-32
          msgwindow.height=96
          msgwindow.y=Graphics.height-msgwindow.height+2
        end
      end

def pbWaitMessage
        if @briefmessage
          pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
          cw=@sprites["messagewindow"]
          60.times do
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
          end
          cw.text=""
          cw.visible=false
          @briefmessage=false
        end
      end

def pbDisplay(msg,brief=false)
        pbDisplayMessage(msg,brief)
      end

def pbDisplayMessage(msg,brief=false)
        pbWaitMessage
        pbRefresh
        pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
        cw.text=msg
        i=0
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          cw.update
          if i==40
            cw.text=""
            cw.visible=false
            return
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C) || @abortable
            if cw.pausing?
              pbPlayDecisionSE() if !@abortable
              cw.resume
            end
          end
          if !cw.busy?
            if brief
              @briefmessage=true
              return
            end
            i+=1
          end
        end
      end

def pbDisplayPausedMessage(msg)
        pbWaitMessage
        pbRefresh
        pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
        if @messagemode
          @switchscreen.pbDisplay(msg)
          return
        end
        cw.text=_ISPRINTF("{1:s}\1",msg)
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C) || @abortable
            if cw.busy?
              pbPlayDecisionSE() if cw.pausing? && !@abortable
              cw.resume
            elsif !inPartyAnimation?
              cw.text=""
              pbPlayDecisionSE()
              cw.visible=false if @messagemode
              return
            end
          end
          cw.update
        end
      end

def pbDisplayConfirmMessage(msg)
        return pbShowCommands(msg,[_INTL("Yes"),_INTL("No")],1)==0
      end

def pbShowCommands(msg,commands,defaultValue)
        pbWaitMessage
        pbRefresh
        pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
        dw=@sprites["messagewindow"]
        dw.text=msg
        cw = Window_CommandPokemon.new(commands)
        cw.x=Graphics.width-cw.width
        cw.y=Graphics.height-cw.height-dw.height
        cw.index=0
        cw.viewport=@viewport
        pbRefresh
        loop do
          cw.visible=!dw.busy?
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          pbFrameUpdate(cw)
          dw.update
          if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && defaultValue>=0
            if dw.busy?
              pbPlayDecisionSE() if dw.pausing?
              dw.resume
            else
              cw.dispose
              dw.text=""
              return defaultValue
            end
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            if dw.busy?
              pbPlayDecisionSE() if dw.pausing?
              dw.resume
            else
              cw.dispose
              dw.text=""
              return cw.index
            end
          end
        end
      end

def pbFrameUpdate(cw)
        cw.update if cw
        for i in 0...4
          if @sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
            @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].update
          end
          if @sprites["pokemon#{i}"]
            @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].update
          end
        end
      end

def pbRefresh
        for i in 0...4
          if @sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
            @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].refresh
          end
        end
      end

def pbAddSprite(id,x,y,filename,viewport)
        sprite=IconSprite.new(x,y,viewport)
        if filename
          sprite.setBitmap(filename) rescue nil
        end
        @sprites[id]=sprite
        return sprite
      end

def pbAddPlane(id,filename,viewport)
        sprite=AnimatedPlane.new(viewport)
        if filename
          sprite.setBitmap(filename)
        end
        @sprites[id]=sprite
        return sprite
      end

def pbDisposeSprites
        pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
      end

def pbBeginCommandPhase
        # Called whenever a new round begins.
        @battlestart=false
      end

def pbShowOpponent(index)
        if @battle.opponent
          if @battle.opponent.is_a?(Array)
            trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[index].trainertype)
          else
            trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent.trainertype)
          end
        else
          trainerfile="Graphics/Characters/trfront"
        end
        pbAddSprite("trainer",Graphics.width,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,
           trainerfile,@viewport)
        if @sprites["trainer"].bitmap
          @sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height
          @sprites["trainer"].z=8
        end
        20.times do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          @sprites["trainer"].x-=6
        end
      end

def pbHideOpponent
        20.times do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          @sprites["trainer"].x+=6
        end
      end

def pbShowHelp(text)
        @sprites["helpwindow"].resizeToFit(text,Graphics.width)
        @sprites["helpwindow"].y=0
        @sprites["helpwindow"].x=0
        @sprites["helpwindow"].text=text
        @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=true
      end

def pbHideHelp
        @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=false
      end

def pbBackdrop
        [email protected]
        # Choose backdrop
        backdrop="Field"
        if environ==PBEnvironment::Cave
          backdrop="Cave"
        elsif environ==PBEnvironment::MovingWater || environ==PBEnvironment::StillWater
          backdrop="Water"
        elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Underwater
          backdrop="Underwater"
        elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Rock
          backdrop="Mountain"
        else
          if !$game_map || !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor)
            backdrop="IndoorA"
          end
        end
        if $game_map
          back=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
          if back && back!=""
            backdrop=back
          end
        end
        if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
          backdrop=$PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
        end
        # Choose bases
        base=""
        trialname=""
        if environ==PBEnvironment::Grass || environ==PBEnvironment::TallGrass
          trialname="Grass"
        elsif environ==PBEnvironment::Sand
          trialname="Sand"
        elsif $PokemonGlobal.surfing
          trialname="Water"
        end
        if pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Battlebacks/playerbase"+backdrop+trialname))
          base=trialname
        end
        # Choose time of day
        time=""
        trialname=""
        timenow=pbGetTimeNow
        if PBDayNight.isNight?(timenow)
          trialname="Night"
        elsif PBDayNight.isEvening?(timenow)
          trialname="Eve"
        end
        if pbResolveBitmap(sprintf("Graphics/Battlebacks/battlebg"+backdrop+trialname))
          time=trialname
        end
        # Apply graphics
        battlebg="Graphics/Battlebacks/battlebg"+backdrop+time
        enemybase="Graphics/Battlebacks/enemybase"+backdrop+base+time
        playerbase="Graphics/Battlebacks/playerbase"+backdrop+base+time
        pbAddPlane("battlebg",battlebg,@viewport)
        pbAddSprite("playerbase",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBASEX,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBASEY,playerbase,@viewport)
        @sprites["playerbase"].x-=@sprites["playerbase"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["playerbase"].bitmap!=nil
        @sprites["playerbase"].y-=@sprites["playerbase"].bitmap.height if @sprites["playerbase"].bitmap!=nil
        pbAddSprite("enemybase",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASEX,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBASEY,enemybase,@viewport)
        @sprites["enemybase"].x-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
        @sprites["enemybase"].y-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
        @sprites["battlebg"].z=0
        @sprites["playerbase"].z=1
        @sprites["enemybase"].z=1
      end

# Returns whether the party line-ups are currently appearing on-screen
      def inPartyAnimation?
        return @enablePartyAnim && @partyAnimPhase<3
      end

# Shows the party line-ups appearing on-screen
      def partyAnimationUpdate
        return if !inPartyAnimation?
        ballmovedist=16 # How far a ball moves each frame
        # Bar slides on
        if @partyAnimPhase==0
          @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+=16
          @sprites["partybarplayer"].x-=16
          if @sprites["partybarfoe"].x+@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X
            @sprites["partybarfoe"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X-@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width
            @sprites["partybarplayer"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X
            @partyAnimPhase=1
          end
          return
        end
        # Set up all balls ready to slide on
        if @partyAnimPhase==1
          @xposplayer=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X
          counter=0
          # Make sure the ball starts off-screen
          while @xposplayer<Graphics.width
            counter+=1; @xposplayer+=ballmovedist
          end
          @xposenemy=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-counter*ballmovedist
          for i in 0...6
            # Choose the ball's graphic (player's side)
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballempty"
            if i<@battle.party1.length && @battle.party1[i]
              if @battle.party1[i].hp<=0 || @battle.party1[i].isEgg?
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballfainted"
              elsif @battle.party1[i].status>0
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballstatus"
              else
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballnormal"
              end
            end
            pbAddSprite("player#{i}",
               @xposplayer+i*ballmovedist*6,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_Y,
               ballgraphic,@viewport)
            @sprites["player#{i}"].z=41
            # Choose the ball's graphic (opponent's side)
            ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballempty"
            enemyindex=i
            if @battle.doublebattle && i>=3
              enemyindex=(i%3)[email protected](1)
            end
            if enemyindex<@battle.party2.length && @battle.party2[enemyindex]
              if @battle.party2[enemyindex].hp<=0 || @battle.party2[enemyindex].isEgg?
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballfainted"
              elsif @battle.party2[enemyindex].status>0
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballstatus"
              else
                ballgraphic="Graphics/Pictures/ballnormal"
              end
            end
            pbAddSprite("enemy#{i}",
               @xposenemy-i*ballmovedist*6,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_Y,
               ballgraphic,@viewport)
            @sprites["enemy#{i}"].z=41
          end
          @partyAnimPhase=2
        end
        # Balls slide on
        if @partyAnimPhase==2
          for i in 0...6
            if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x<PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
              @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x+=ballmovedist
              @sprites["player#{i}"].x-=ballmovedist
              if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
                @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
                @sprites["player#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X+i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL_GAP
                if i==5
                  @partyAnimPhase=3
                end
              end
            end
          end
        end
      end

def pbStartBattle(battle)
        # Called whenever the battle begins
        @battle=battle
        @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
        @lastmove=[0,0,0,0]
        @showingplayer=true
        @showingenemy=true
        @sprites.clear
        @viewport=Viewport.new(0,Graphics.height/2,Graphics.width,0)
        @viewport.z=99999
        @traineryoffset=(Graphics.height-320) # Adjust player's side for screen size
        @foeyoffset=(@traineryoffset*3/4).floor  # Adjust foe's side for screen size
        pbBackdrop
        pbAddSprite("partybarfoe",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_Y,
           "Graphics/Pictures/battleLineup",@viewport)
        pbAddSprite("partybarplayer",
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X,
           PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_Y,
           "Graphics/Pictures/battleLineup",@viewport)
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].x-=@sprites["partybarfoe"].bitmap.width
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].mirror=true
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].z=40
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].z=40
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].visible=false
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].visible=false
        if @battle.player.is_a?(Array)
          trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[0].trainertype)
          pbAddSprite("player",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD1_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD1_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
          trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player[1].trainertype)
          pbAddSprite("playerB",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD2_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINERD2_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
          if @sprites["player"].bitmap
            if @sprites["player"].bitmap.width>@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
              @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=@sprites["player"].bitmap.width/5
            end
            @sprites["player"].x-=(@sprites["player"].src_rect.width/2)
            @sprites["player"].y-=@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
            @sprites["player"].z=30
          end
          if @sprites["playerB"].bitmap
            if @sprites["playerB"].bitmap.width>@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height
              @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.x=0
              @sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width=@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.width/5
            end
            @sprites["playerB"].x-=(@sprites["playerB"].src_rect.width/2)
            @sprites["playerB"].y-=@sprites["playerB"].bitmap.height
            @sprites["playerB"].z=31
          end
        else
          trainerfile=pbPlayerSpriteBackFile(@battle.player.trainertype)
          pbAddSprite("player",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINER_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERTRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
          if @sprites["player"].bitmap
              @sprites["player"].src_rect.width=@sprites["player"].bitmap.width/5
            end
            @sprites["player"].x-=(@sprites["player"].src_rect.width/2)
            @sprites["player"].y-=@sprites["player"].bitmap.height
            @sprites["player"].z=30
          end
        end
        if @battle.opponent
          if @battle.opponent.is_a?(Array)
            trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[1].trainertype)
            pbAddSprite("trainer2",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD2_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD2_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
            trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent[0].trainertype)
            pbAddSprite("trainer",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD1_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINERD1_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
          else
            trainerfile=pbTrainerSpriteFile(@battle.opponent.trainertype)
            pbAddSprite("trainer",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
          end
        else
          trainerfile="Graphics/Characters/trfront"
          pbAddSprite("trainer",
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_X,
               PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOETRAINER_Y,trainerfile,@viewport)
        end
        if @sprites["trainer"].bitmap
          @sprites["trainer"].x-=(@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.width/2)
          @sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height
          @sprites["trainer"].z=8
        end
        if @sprites["trainer2"] && @sprites["trainer2"].bitmap
          @sprites["trainer2"].x-=(@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.width/2)
          @sprites["trainer2"].y-=@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.height
          @sprites["trainer2"].z=7
        end
        @sprites["shadow0"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
        @sprites["shadow0"].z=3
        pbAddSprite("shadow1",0,0,"Graphics/Pictures/battleShadow",@viewport)
        @sprites["shadow1"].z=3
        @sprites["shadow1"].visible=false
        @sprites["pokemon0"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,0,@viewport)
        @sprites["pokemon0"].z=21
        @sprites["pokemon1"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,1,@viewport)
        @sprites["pokemon1"].z=16
        if battle.doublebattle
          @sprites["shadow2"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
          @sprites["shadow2"].z=3
          pbAddSprite("shadow3",0,0,"Graphics/Pictures/battleShadow",@viewport)
          @sprites["shadow3"].z=3
          @sprites["shadow3"].visible=false
          @sprites["pokemon2"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,2,@viewport)
          @sprites["pokemon2"].z=26
          @sprites["pokemon3"]=PokemonBattlerSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,3,@viewport)
          @sprites["pokemon3"].z=11
        end
        @sprites["battlebox0"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[0],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
        @sprites["battlebox1"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[1],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
        if battle.doublebattle
          @sprites["battlebox2"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[2],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
          @sprites["battlebox3"]=PokemonDataBox.new(battle.battlers[3],battle.doublebattle,@viewport)
        end
        pbAddSprite("messagebox",0,Graphics.height-96,"Graphics/Pictures/battleMessage",@viewport)
        @sprites["messagebox"].z=90
        @sprites["helpwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",0,0,32,32,@viewport)
        @sprites["helpwindow"].visible=false
        @sprites["helpwindow"].z=90
        @sprites["messagewindow"]=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new("")
        @sprites["messagewindow"].letterbyletter=true
        @sprites["messagewindow"].viewport=@viewport
        @sprites["messagewindow"].z=100
        @sprites["commandwindow"]=CommandMenuDisplay.new(@viewport)
        @sprites["commandwindow"].z=100
        @sprites["fightwindow"]=FightMenuDisplay.new(nil,@viewport)
        @sprites["fightwindow"].z=100
        pbShowWindow(MESSAGEBOX)
        pbSetMessageMode(false)
        trainersprite1=@sprites["trainer"]
        trainersprite2=@sprites["trainer2"]
        if [email protected]
          @sprites["trainer"].visible=false
          if @battle.party2.length>=1
            if @battle.party2.length==1
              [email protected][0].species
              @sprites["pokemon1"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
              @sprites["pokemon1"].x-=@sprites["pokemon1"].width/2
              @sprites["pokemon1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
              @sprites["pokemon1"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon1"],species,1)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].visible=true
              @sprites["shadow1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X
              @sprites["shadow1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
              @sprites["shadow1"].x-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow1"].y-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow1"].visible=showShadow?(species)
              trainersprite1=@sprites["pokemon1"]
            elsif @battle.party2.length==2
              [email protected][0].species
              @sprites["pokemon1"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
              @sprites["pokemon1"].x-=@sprites["pokemon1"].width/2
              @sprites["pokemon1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
              @sprites["pokemon1"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon1"],species,1)
              @sprites["pokemon1"].visible=true
              @sprites["shadow1"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
              @sprites["shadow1"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
              @sprites["shadow1"].x-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow1"].y-=@sprites["shadow1"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow1"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow1"].visible=showShadow?(species)
              trainersprite1=@sprites["pokemon1"]
              [email protected][1].species
              @sprites["pokemon3"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[1],false)
              @sprites["pokemon3"].tone=Tone.new(-128,-128,-128,-128)
              @sprites["pokemon3"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
              @sprites["pokemon3"].x-=@sprites["pokemon3"].width/2
              @sprites["pokemon3"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
              @sprites["pokemon3"].y+=adjustBattleSpriteY(@sprites["pokemon3"],species,3)
              @sprites["pokemon3"].visible=true
              @sprites["shadow3"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
              @sprites["shadow3"].y=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
              @sprites["shadow3"].x-=@sprites["shadow3"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["shadow3"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow3"].y-=@sprites["shadow3"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["shadow3"].bitmap!=nil
              @sprites["shadow3"].visible=showShadow?(species)
              trainersprite2=@sprites["pokemon3"]
            end
          end
        end
        #################
        # Move trainers/bases/etc. off-screen
        oldx=[]
        oldx[0]=@sprites["playerbase"].x; @sprites["playerbase"].x+=Graphics.width
        oldx[1]=@sprites["player"].x; @sprites["player"].x+=Graphics.width
        if @sprites["playerB"]
          oldx[2]=@sprites["playerB"].x; @sprites["playerB"].x+=Graphics.width
        end
        oldx[3]=@sprites["enemybase"].x; @sprites["enemybase"].x-=Graphics.width
        oldx[4]=trainersprite1.x; trainersprite1.x-=Graphics.width
        if trainersprite2
          oldx[5]=trainersprite2.x; trainersprite2.x-=Graphics.width
        end
        oldx[6]=@sprites["shadow1"].x; @sprites["shadow1"].x-=Graphics.width
        if @sprites["shadow3"]
          oldx[7]=@sprites["shadow3"].x; @sprites["shadow3"].x-=Graphics.width
        end
        @sprites["partybarfoe"].x-=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBAR_X
        @sprites["partybarplayer"].x+=Graphics.width-PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBAR_X
        #################
        appearspeed=12
        (1+Graphics.width/appearspeed).times do
          tobreak=true
          if @viewport.rect.y>0
            @viewport.rect.y-=appearspeed/2
            @viewport.rect.y=0 if @viewport.rect.y<0
            @viewport.rect.height+=appearspeed
            @viewport.rect.height=Graphics.height if @viewport.rect.height>Graphics.height
            tobreak=false
          end
          if !tobreak
            for i in @sprites
              i[1][email protected]
              i[1][email protected]
            end
          end
          if @sprites["playerbase"].x>oldx[0]
            @sprites["playerbase"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["playerbase"].x=oldx[0] if @sprites["playerbase"].x<oldx[0]
          end
          if @sprites["player"].x>oldx[1]
            @sprites["player"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["player"].x=oldx[1] if @sprites["player"].x<oldx[1]
          end
          if @sprites["playerB"] && @sprites["playerB"].x>oldx[2]
            @sprites["playerB"].x-=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["playerB"].x=oldx[2] if @sprites["playerB"].x<oldx[2]
          end
          if @sprites["enemybase"].x<oldx[3]
            @sprites["enemybase"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["enemybase"].x=oldx[3] if @sprites["enemybase"].x>oldx[3]
          end
          if trainersprite1.x<oldx[4]
            trainersprite1.x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            trainersprite1.x=oldx[4] if trainersprite1.x>oldx[4]
          end
          if trainersprite2 && trainersprite2.x<oldx[5]
            trainersprite2.x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            trainersprite2.x=oldx[5] if trainersprite2.x>oldx[5]
          end
          if @sprites["shadow1"].x<oldx[6]
            @sprites["shadow1"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["shadow1"].x=oldx[6] if @sprites["shadow1"].x>oldx[6]
          end
          if @sprites["shadow3"] && @sprites["shadow3"].x<oldx[7]
            @sprites["shadow3"].x+=appearspeed; tobreak=false
            @sprites["shadow3"].x=oldx[7] if @sprites["shadow3"].x>oldx[7]
          end
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if tobreak
        end
        #################
        # Play cry for wild Pokémon
        if [email protected]
          pbPlayCry(@battle.party2[0])
        end
        if @battle.opponent
          @enablePartyAnim=true
          @partyAnimPhase=0
          @sprites["partybarfoe"].visible=true
          @sprites["partybarplayer"].visible=true
        else
          @sprites["battlebox1"].appear
          @sprites["battlebox3"].appear if @battle.party2.length==2 
          appearing=true
          begin
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
            @sprites["battlebox1"].update
            @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.red+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.red<0
            @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.blue+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.blue<0
            @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.green+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.green<0
            @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.gray+=8 if @sprites["pokemon1"].tone.gray<0
            appearing=@sprites["battlebox1"].appearing
            if @battle.party2.length==2 
              @sprites["battlebox3"].update
              @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.red+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.red<0
              @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.blue+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.blue<0
              @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.green+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.green<0
              @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.gray+=8 if @sprites["pokemon3"].tone.gray<0
              appearing=(appearing || @sprites["battlebox3"].appearing)
            end
          end while appearing
          # Show shiny animation for wild Pokémon
          if @battle.party2[0].isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
            pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
          end
          if @battle.party2.length==2
            if @battle.party2[1].isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
              pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
            end
          end
        end
      end

def pbEndBattle(result)
        @abortable=false
        pbShowWindow(BLANK)
        # Fade out all sprites
        pbBGMFade(1.0)
        pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
        pbDisposeSprites
      end

def pbRecall(battlerindex)
        @briefmessage=false
        if @battle.pbIsOpposing?(battlerindex)
          origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
          if @battle.doublebattle
            origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if battlerindex==1
            origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if battlerindex==3
          end
          @sprites["shadow#{battlerindex}"].visible=false
        else
          origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
          if @battle.doublebattle
            origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if battlerindex==0
            origin=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if battlerindex==2
          end
        end
        spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"]
        center=getSpriteCenter(spritePoke)
        # starting positions
        picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,center[0],center[1])
        # directives
    #    picturePoke.moveTone(10,1,Tone.new(0,-224,-224,0))
        picturePoke.moveTone(10,1,Tone.new(248,248,248,248))
        picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
        picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,center[0],origin)
        picturePoke.moveVisible(picturePoke.totalDuration,false)
        picturePoke.moveTone(0,picturePoke.totalDuration,Tone.new(0,0,0,0))
        loop do
          picturePoke.update
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if !picturePoke.running?
        end
      end

def pbTrainerSendOut(battlerindex,pkmn)
        @briefmessage=false
        fadeanim=nil
        while inPartyAnimation?; end
        if @showingenemy
          fadeanim=TrainerFadeAnimation.new(@sprites)
        end
        frame=0
        @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,false)
        sendout=PokeballSendOutAnimation.new(@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"],
           @sprites,@battle.battlers[battlerindex],@battle.doublebattle)
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          fadeanim.update if fadeanim
          frame+=1    
          if frame==1
            @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appear
          end
          if frame>=10
            sendout.update
          end
          @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].update
          break if (!fadeanim || fadeanim.animdone?) && sendout.animdone? &&
             !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
        end
        if @battle.battlers[battlerindex].pokemon.isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[battlerindex],nil)
        end
        sendout.dispose
        if @showingenemy
          @showingenemy=false
          pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"trainer")
          pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybarfoe")
          for i in 0...6
            pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"enemy#{i}")
          end
        end
        pbRefresh
      end

def pbSendOut(battlerindex,pkmn) # Player sending out Pokémon
        while inPartyAnimation?; end
        balltype=pkmn.ballused
        ballbitmap=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
        pictureBall=PictureEx.new(32)
        delay=1
        pictureBall.moveVisible(delay,true)
        pictureBall.moveName(delay,ballbitmap)
        pictureBall.moveOrigin(delay,PictureOrigin::Center)
        # Setting the ball's movement path
        path=[[0,   146], [10,  134], [21,  122], [30,  112], 
              [39,  104], [46,   99], [53,   95], [61,   93], 
              [68,   93], [75,   96], [82,  102], [89,  111], 
              [94,  121], [100, 134], [106, 150], [111, 166], 
              [116, 183], [120, 199], [124, 216], [127, 238]]
        spriteBall.visible=false
        angle=0
        multiplier=1.0
        if @battle.doublebattle
          multiplier=(battlerindex==0) ? 0.7 : 1.3
        end
        for coord in path
          pictureBall.moveAngle(0,delay,angle)
          pictureBall.moveXY(1,delay,coord[0]*multiplier,coord[1])
          angle+=40
          angle%=360
        end
        pictureBall.adjustPosition(0,@traineryoffset)
        @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].visible=false
        @briefmessage=false
        fadeanim=nil
        if @showingplayer
          fadeanim=PlayerFadeAnimation.new(@sprites)
        end
        frame=0
        @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,true)
        sendout=PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation.new(@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"],
           @sprites,@battle.battlers[battlerindex],@battle.doublebattle)
        loop do
          fadeanim.update if fadeanim
          frame+=1
          if frame>1 && !pictureBall.running? && !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
            @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appear
          end
          if frame>=3 && !pictureBall.running?
            sendout.update
          end
          if (frame>=10 || !fadeanim) && pictureBall.running?
            pictureBall.update
          end
          @sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].update
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if (!fadeanim || fadeanim.animdone?) && sendout.animdone? &&
             !@sprites["battlebox#{battlerindex}"].appearing
        end
        spriteBall.dispose
        sendout.dispose
        if @battle.battlers[battlerindex].pokemon.isShiny? && @battle.battlescene
          pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[battlerindex],nil)
        end
        if @showingplayer
          @showingplayer=false
          pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player")
          pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybarplayer")
          for i in 0...6
            pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player#{i}")
          end
        end
        pbRefresh
      end

def pbTrainerWithdraw(battle,pkmn)
        pbRefresh
      end

def pbWithdraw(battle,pkmn)
        pbRefresh
      end

def pbMoveString(move)
        ret=_INTL("{1}",move.name)
        typename=PBTypes.getName(move.type)
        if move.id>0
          ret+=_INTL(" ({1}) PP: {2}/{3}",typename,move.pp,move.totalpp)
        end
        return ret
      end

def pbBeginAttackPhase
        pbSelectBattler(-1)
        pbGraphicsUpdate
      end

def pbSafariStart
        @briefmessage=false
        @sprites["battlebox0"]=SafariDataBox.new(@battle,@viewport)
        @sprites["battlebox0"].appear
        loop do
          @sprites["battlebox0"].update
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if !@sprites["battlebox0"].appearing
        end
        pbRefresh
      end

def pbResetCommandIndices
        @lastcmd=[0,0,0,0]
      end

def pbResetMoveIndex(index)
        @lastmove[index]=0
      end

def pbSafariCommandMenu(index)
        pbCommandMenuEx(index,[
           _INTL("What will\n{1} throw?",@battle.pbPlayer.name),
           _INTL("Ball"),
           _INTL("Bait"),
           _INTL("Rock"),
           _INTL("Run")
        ],2)
      end

# Use this method to display the list of commands.
    # Return values: 0=Fight, 1=Bag, 2=Pokémon, 3=Run, 4=Call
      def pbCommandMenu(index)
        shadowTrainer=(hasConst?(PBTypes,:SHADOW) && @battle.opponent)
        ret=pbCommandMenuEx(index,[
           _INTL("What will\n{1} do?",@battle.battlers[index].name),
           _INTL("Fight"),
           _INTL("Bag"),
           _INTL("Pokémon"),
           shadowTrainer ? _INTL("Call") : _INTL("Run")
        ],(shadowTrainer ? 1 : 0))
        ret=4 if ret==3 && shadowTrainer   # Convert "Run" to "Call"
        return ret
      end

def pbCommandMenuEx(index,texts,mode=0)      # Mode: 0 - regular battle
        pbShowWindow(COMMANDBOX)                   #       1 - Shadow Pokémon battle
        cw=@sprites["commandwindow"]               #       2 - Safari Zone
        cw.setTexts(texts)                         #       3 - Bug Catching Contest
        cw.index=@lastcmd[index]
        cw.mode=mode
        pbSelectBattler(index)
        pbRefresh
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          pbFrameUpdate(cw)
          # Update selected command
          if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) && (cw.index&1)==1
            pbPlayCursorSE()
            cw.index-=1
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) &&  (cw.index&1)==0
            pbPlayCursorSE()
            cw.index+=1
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::UP) &&  (cw.index&2)==2
            pbPlayCursorSE()
            cw.index-=2
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN) &&  (cw.index&2)==0
            pbPlayCursorSE()
            cw.index+=2
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)   # Confirm choice
            pbPlayDecisionSE()
            ret=cw.index
            @lastcmd[index]=ret
            return ret
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B) && index==2 && @lastcmd[0]!=2 # Cancel
            pbPlayDecisionSE()
            return -1
          end
        end 
      end

# Use this method to display the list of moves for a Pokémon
      def pbFightMenu(index)
        pbShowWindow(FIGHTBOX)
        cw = @sprites["fightwindow"]
        [email protected][index]
        cw.battler=battler
        lastIndex=@lastmove[index]
        if battler.moves[lastIndex].id!=0
          cw.setIndex(lastIndex)
        else
          cw.setIndex(0)
        end
        cw.megaButton=0
        cw.megaButton=1 if @battle.pbCanMegaEvolve?(index)
        pbSelectBattler(index)
        pbRefresh
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          pbFrameUpdate(cw)
          # Update selected command
          if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) && (cw.index&1)==1
            pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index-1)
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) &&  (cw.index&1)==0
            pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index+1)
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::UP) &&  (cw.index&2)==2
            pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index-2)
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN) &&  (cw.index&2)==0
            pbPlayCursorSE() if cw.setIndex(cw.index+2)
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)   # Confirm choice
            ret=cw.index
            pbPlayDecisionSE() 
            @lastmove[index]=ret
            return ret
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::A)   # Use Mega Evolution
            if @battle.pbCanMegaEvolve?(index)
              @battle.pbRegisterMegaEvolution(index)
              cw.megaButton=2
              pbPlayDecisionSE()
            end
          elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B)   # Cancel fight menu
            @lastmove[index]=cw.index
            pbPlayCancelSE()
            return -1
          end
        end
      end

# Use this method to display the inventory
    # The return value is the item chosen, or 0 if the choice was canceled.
      def pbItemMenu(index)
        ret=0
        retindex=-1
        pkmnid=-1
        endscene=true
        oldsprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
        itemscene=PokemonBag_Scene.new
        itemscene.pbStartScene($PokemonBag)
        loop do
          item=itemscene.pbChooseItem
          break if item==0
          usetype=$ItemData[item][ITEMBATTLEUSE]
          cmdUse=-1
          commands=[]
          if usetype==0
            commands[commands.length]=_INTL("Cancel")
          else
            commands[cmdUse=commands.length]=_INTL("Use")
          end
          itemname=PBItems.getName(item)
          command=itemscene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("{1} is selected.",itemname),commands)
          if cmdUse>=0 && command==cmdUse
            if usetype==1 || usetype==3
              modparty=[]
              for i in 0...6
                modparty.push(@battle.party1[@battle.partyorder[i]])
              end
              pkmnlist=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
              pkmnscreen=PokemonScreen.new(pkmnlist,modparty)
              itemscene.pbEndScene
              pkmnscreen.pbStartScene(_INTL("Use on which Pokémon?"),@battle.doublebattle)
              activecmd=pkmnscreen.pbChoosePokemon
              [email protected][activecmd]
              if activecmd>=0 && pkmnid>=0 && ItemHandlers.hasBattleUseOnPokemon(item)
                pkmnlist.pbEndScene
                ret=item
                retindex=pkmnid
                endscene=false
                break
              end
              pkmnlist.pbEndScene
              itemscene.pbStartScene($PokemonBag)
            elsif usetype==2 || usetype==4
              if ItemHandlers.hasBattleUseOnBattler(item)
                ret=item
                retindex=index
                break
              end
            end
          end
        end
        pbConsumeItemInBattle($PokemonBag,ret) if ret>0
        itemscene.pbEndScene if endscene
        pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites,oldsprites)
        return [ret,retindex]
      end

# Called whenever a Pokémon should forget a move.  It should return -1 if the
    # selection is canceled, or 0 to 3 to indicate the move to forget.  The function
    # should not allow HM moves to be forgotten.
      def pbForgetMove(pokemon,moveToLearn)
        ret=-1
        pbFadeOutIn(99999){
           scene=PokemonSummaryScene.new
           screen=PokemonSummary.new(scene)
           ret=screen.pbStartForgetScreen([pokemon],0,moveToLearn)
        }
        return ret
      end

# Called whenever a Pokémon needs one of its moves chosen. Used for Ether.
      def pbChooseMove(pokemon,message)
        ret=-1
        pbFadeOutIn(99999){
           scene=PokemonSummaryScene.new
           screen=PokemonSummary.new(scene)
           ret=screen.pbStartChooseMoveScreen([pokemon],0,message)
        }
        return ret
      end

def pbNameEntry(helptext,pokemon)
        return pbEnterPokemonName(helptext,0,10,"",pokemon)
      end

def pbSelectBattler(index,selectmode=1)
        [email protected] ? 4 : 2
        for i in 0...numwindows
          sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{i}"]
          sprite.selected=(i==index) ? selectmode : 0
          sprite=@sprites["pokemon#{i}"]
          sprite.selected=(i==index) ? selectmode : 0
        end
      end

def pbFirstTarget(index)
        for i in 0...4
          if i!=index && [email protected][i].isFainted? && 
             @battle.battlers[index].pbIsOpposing?(i)
            return i
          end  
        end
        return -1
      end

def pbUpdateSelected(index)
        [email protected] ? 4 : 2
        for i in 0...numwindows
          if i==index
            @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].selected=2
            @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].selected=2
          else
            @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].selected=0
            @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].selected=0
          end
          @sprites["battlebox#{i}"].update
          @sprites["pokemon#{i}"].update
        end
      end

# Use this method to make the player choose a target 
    # for certain moves in double battles.
      def pbChooseTarget(index)
        pbShowWindow(FIGHTBOX)
        curwindow=pbFirstTarget(index)
        if curwindow==-1
          raise RuntimeError.new(_INTL("No targets somehow..."))
        end
        loop do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          pbUpdateSelected(curwindow)
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            pbUpdateSelected(-1)
            return curwindow
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
            pbUpdateSelected(-1)
            return -1
          end
          if curwindow>=0
            if Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) || Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
              loop do
                newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==0
                newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==3
                newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==1
                newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==2
                curwindow=newcurwindow
                next if curwindow==index
                break if [email protected][curwindow].isFainted?
              end
            elsif Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) || Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
              loop do 
                newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==0
                newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==2
                newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==1
                newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==3
                curwindow=newcurwindow
                next if curwindow==index
                break if [email protected][curwindow].isFainted?
              end
            end
          end
        end
      end

def pbSwitch(index,lax,cancancel)
        [email protected](index)
        [email protected]
        ret=-1
        # Fade out and hide all sprites
        visiblesprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
        pbShowWindow(BLANK)
        pbSetMessageMode(true)
        modparty=[]
        for i in 0...6
          modparty.push(party[partypos[i]])
        end
        scene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
        @switchscreen=PokemonScreen.new(scene,modparty)
        @switchscreen.pbStartScene(_INTL("Choose a Pokémon."),
           @battle.doublebattle && [email protected])
        loop do
          scene.pbSetHelpText(_INTL("Choose a Pokémon."))
          [email protected]
          if cancancel && activecmd==-1
            ret=-1
            break
          end
          if activecmd>=0
            commands=[]
            cmdShift=-1
            cmdSummary=-1
            pkmnindex=partypos[activecmd]
            commands[cmdShift=commands.length]=_INTL("Switch In") if !party[pkmnindex].isEgg?
            commands[cmdSummary=commands.length]=_INTL("Summary")
            command=scene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("Do what with {1}?",party[pkmnindex].name),commands)
            if cmdShift>=0 && command==cmdShift
              canswitch=lax ? @battle.pbCanSwitchLax?(index,pkmnindex,true) :
                 @battle.pbCanSwitch?(index,pkmnindex,true)
              if canswitch
                ret=pkmnindex
                break
              end
            elsif cmdSummary>=0 && command==cmdSummary
              scene.pbSummary(activecmd)
            end
          end
        end
        @switchscreen.pbEndScene
        @switchscreen=nil
        pbShowWindow(BLANK)
        pbSetMessageMode(false)
        # back to main battle screen
        pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites,visiblesprites)
        return ret
      end

def pbDamageAnimation(pkmn,effectiveness)
        pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]
        shadowsprite=@sprites["shadow#{pkmn.index}"]
        sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
        oldshadowvisible=shadowsprite.visible
        oldvisible=sprite.visible
        sprite.selected=2
        @briefmessage=false
        6.times do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
        end
        case effectiveness
        when 0
          pbSEPlay("normaldamage")
        when 1
          pbSEPlay("notverydamage")
        when 2
          pbSEPlay("superdamage")
        end
        8.times do
          pkmnsprite.visible=!pkmnsprite.visible
          if oldshadowvisible
            shadowsprite.visible=!shadowsprite.visible
          end
          4.times do
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
            sprite.update
          end
        end
        sprite.selected=0
        sprite.visible=oldvisible
      end

# This method is called whenever a Pokémon's HP changes.
    # Used to animate the HP bar.
      def pbHPChanged(pkmn,oldhp,anim=false)
        @briefmessage=false
        hpchange=pkmn.hp-oldhp
        if hpchange<0
          hpchange=-hpchange
          PBDebug.log("[#{pkmn.pbThis} lost #{hpchange} HP (#{oldhp}=>#{pkmn.hp})]")
        else
          PBDebug.log("[#{pkmn.pbThis} gained #{hpchange} HP (#{oldhp}=>#{pkmn.hp})]")
        end
        if anim && @battle.battlescene
          if pkmn.hp>oldhp
            pbCommonAnimation("HealthUp",pkmn,nil)
          elsif pkmn.hp<oldhp
            pbCommonAnimation("HealthDown",pkmn,nil)
          end
        end
        sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
        sprite.animateHP(oldhp,pkmn.hp)
        while sprite.animatingHP
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          sprite.update
        end
      end

# This method is called whenever a Pokémon faints.
      def pbFainted(pkmn)
        frames=pbCryFrameLength(pkmn.pokemon)
        pbPlayCry(pkmn.pokemon)
        frames.times do
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
        end
        @sprites["shadow#{pkmn.index}"].visible=false
        pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]
        ycoord=0
        if @battle.doublebattle
          ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==0
          ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y if pkmn.index==1
          ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==2
          ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y if pkmn.index==3
        else
          if @battle.pbIsOpposing?(pkmn.index)
            ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y
          else
            ycoord=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y
          end
        end
        pbSEPlay("faint")
        loop do
          pkmnsprite.y+=8
          if pkmnsprite.y-pkmnsprite.oy+pkmnsprite.src_rect.height>=ycoord
            pkmnsprite.src_rect.height=ycoord-pkmnsprite.y+pkmnsprite.oy
          end
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if pkmnsprite.y>=ycoord
        end
        8.times do
          @sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"].opacity-=32
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
        end
        @sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"].visible=false
        pkmn.pbResetForm
      end

# Use this method to choose a command for the enemy.
      def pbChooseEnemyCommand(index)
        @battle.pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand(index)
      end

# Use this method to choose a new Pokémon for the enemy
    # The enemy's party is guaranteed to have at least one choosable member.
      def pbChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
        @battle.pbDefaultChooseNewEnemy(index,party)
      end

# This method is called when the player wins a wild Pokémon battle.
    # This method can change the battle's music for example.
      def pbWildBattleSuccess
        pbBGMPlay(pbGetWildVictoryME())
      end

# This method is called when the player wins a Trainer battle.
    # This method can change the battle's music for example.
      def pbTrainerBattleSuccess
        pbBGMPlay(pbGetTrainerVictoryME(@battle.opponent))
      end

def pbEXPBar(pokemon,battler,startexp,endexp,tempexp1,tempexp2)
        if battler
          @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].refreshExpLevel
          exprange=(endexp-startexp)
          startexplevel=0
          endexplevel=0
          if exprange!=0
            startexplevel=(tempexp1-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/exprange
            endexplevel=(tempexp2-startexp)*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::EXPGAUGESIZE/exprange
          end
          @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].animateEXP(startexplevel,endexplevel)
          while @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].animatingEXP
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
            @sprites["battlebox#{battler.index}"].update
          end
        end
      end

def pbShowPokedex(species)
        pbFadeOutIn(99999){
           scene=PokemonPokedexScene.new
           screen=PokemonPokedex.new(scene)
           screen.pbDexEntry(species)
        }
      end

def pbChangeSpecies(attacker,species)
        pkmn=@sprites["pokemon#{attacker.index}"]
        shadow=@sprites["shadow#{attacker.index}"]
        [email protected]?(attacker.index)
        pkmn.setPokemonBitmapSpecies(attacker.pokemon,species,back)
        pkmn.x=-pkmn.bitmap.width/2
        pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,species,attacker.index)
        if @battle.doublebattle
          case attacker.index
          when 0
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y
          when 1
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
          when 2
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y
          when 3
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
          end
        else
          pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X if attacker.index==0
          pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==0
          pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X if attacker.index==1
          pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==1
        end
        if shadow && !back
          shadow.visible=showShadow?(species)
        end
      end

def pbChangePokemon(attacker,pokemon)
        pkmn=@sprites["pokemon#{attacker.index}"]
        shadow=@sprites["shadow#{attacker.index}"]
        [email protected]?(attacker.index)
        pkmn.setPokemonBitmap(pokemon,back)
        pkmn.x=-pkmn.bitmap.width/2
        pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,pokemon.species,attacker.index)
        if @battle.doublebattle
          case attacker.index
          when 0
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD1_Y
          when 1
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD1_Y
          when 2
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLERD2_Y
          when 3
            pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_X
            pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLERD2_Y
          end
        else
          pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_X if attacker.index==0
          pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==0
          pkmn.x+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X if attacker.index==1
          pkmn.y+=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y if attacker.index==1
        end
        if shadow && !back
          shadow.visible=showShadow?(pokemon.species)
        end
      end

def pbSaveShadows
        shadows=[]
        for i in 0...4
          s=@sprites["shadow#{i}"]
          shadows[i]=s ? s.visible : false
          s.visible=false if s
        end
        yield
        for i in 0...4
          s=@sprites["shadow#{i}"]
          s.visible=shadows[i] if s
        end
      end

def pbFindAnimation(moveid,userIndex,hitnum)
        begin
          move2anim=load_data("Data/move2anim.dat")
          noflip=false
          if (userIndex&1)==0   # On player's side
            anim=move2anim[0][moveid]
          else                  # On opposing side
            anim=move2anim[1][moveid]
            noflip=true if anim
            anim=move2anim[0][moveid] if !anim
          end
          return [anim+hitnum,noflip] if anim
          if hasConst?(PBMoves,:TACKLE)
            anim=move2anim[0][getConst(PBMoves,:TACKLE)]
            return [anim,false] if anim
          end
        rescue
          return nil
        end
        return nil
      end

def pbCommonAnimation(animname,user,target,hitnum=0)
        animations=load_data("Data/PkmnAnimations.rxdata")
        for i in 0...animations.length
          if animations[i] && animations[i].name=="Common:"+animname
            pbAnimationCore(animations[i],user,(target!=nil) ? target : user)
            return
          end
        end
      end

def pbAnimation(moveid,user,target,hitnum=0)
        animid=pbFindAnimation(moveid,user.index,hitnum)
        return if !animid
        anim=animid[0]
        pbSaveShadows {
           if animid[1] # On opposing side and using OppMove animation
             pbAnimationCore(animations[anim],target,user,true)
           else         # On player's side, and/or using Move animation
             pbAnimationCore(animations[anim],user,target)
           end
        }
        if PBMoveData.new(moveid).function==0x69 && user && target # Transform
          # Change form to transformed version
          pbChangePokemon(user,target.pokemon)
        end
      end

def pbAnimationCore(animation,user,target,oppmove=false)
        return if !animation
        @briefmessage=false
        usersprite=(user) ? @sprites["pokemon#{user.index}"] : nil
        targetsprite=(target) ? @sprites["pokemon#{target.index}"] : nil
        olduserx=usersprite ? usersprite.x : 0
        oldusery=usersprite ? usersprite.y : 0
        oldtargetx=targetsprite ? targetsprite.x : 0
        oldtargety=targetsprite ? targetsprite.y : 0
        if !targetsprite
          target=user if !target
          animplayer=PBAnimationPlayerX.new(animation,user,target,self,oppmove)
          userwidth=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.width
          userheight=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.height
          animplayer.setLineTransform(
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_Y,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_Y,
             olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2),
             olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2))
        else
          animplayer=PBAnimationPlayerX.new(animation,user,target,self,oppmove)
          userwidth=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.width
          userheight=(!usersprite || !usersprite.bitmap || usersprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : usersprite.bitmap.height
          targetwidth=(!targetsprite.bitmap || targetsprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : targetsprite.bitmap.width
          targetheight=(!targetsprite.bitmap || targetsprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? 128 : targetsprite.bitmap.height
          animplayer.setLineTransform(
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSUSER_Y,
             PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_X,PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOCUSTARGET_Y,
             olduserx+(userwidth/2),oldusery+(userheight/2),
             oldtargetx+(targetwidth/2),oldtargety+(targetheight/2))
        end
        animplayer.start
        while animplayer.playing?
          animplayer.update
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
        end
        usersprite.ox=0 if usersprite
        usersprite.oy=0 if usersprite
        usersprite.x=olduserx if usersprite
        usersprite.y=oldusery if usersprite
        targetsprite.ox=0 if targetsprite
        targetsprite.oy=0 if targetsprite
        targetsprite.x=oldtargetx if targetsprite
        targetsprite.y=oldtargety if targetsprite
        animplayer.dispose
      end

def pbLevelUp(pokemon,battler,oldtotalhp,oldattack,olddefense,oldspeed,
                    oldspatk,oldspdef)
        pbTopRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>+{1}\r\nAttack<r>+{2}\r\nDefense<r>+{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>+{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>+{5}\r\nSpeed<r>+{6}",
           pokemon.totalhp-oldtotalhp,
           pokemon.attack-oldattack,
           pokemon.defense-olddefense,
           pokemon.spatk-oldspatk,
           pokemon.spdef-oldspdef,
           pokemon.speed-oldspeed))
        pbTopRightWindow(_INTL("Max. HP<r>{1}\r\nAttack<r>{2}\r\nDefense<r>{3}\r\nSp. Atk<r>{4}\r\nSp. Def<r>{5}\r\nSpeed<r>{6}",
           pokemon.totalhp,pokemon.attack,pokemon.defense,pokemon.spatk,pokemon.spdef,pokemon.speed))
      end

def pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,targetBattler)
        @briefmessage=false
        balltype=pbGetBallType(ball)
        ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d",balltype)
        # sprite
        spriteBall.visible=false
        # picture
        pictureBall=PictureEx.new(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"].z+1)
        center=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon#{targetBattler}"])
        # starting positions
        pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,10,180)
        # directives
        pictureBall.moveSE(1,"Audio/SE/throw")
        pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,150,70,30+Graphics.width/2,10,center[0],center[1])
        pictureBall.moveAngle(30,1,-1080)
        pictureBall.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/balldrop")
        pictureBall.moveXY(20,delay,0,Graphics.height)
        loop do
          pictureBall.update
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if !pictureBall.running?
        end
        spriteBall.dispose
      end

def pbThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,showplayer=false)
        @briefmessage=false
        burst=-1
        for i in 0...2
          t=(i==0) ? ball : 0
          for j in 0...animations.length
            if animations[j]
              if animations[j].name=="Common:BallBurst#{t}"
                burst=t if burst<0
                break
              end
            end
          end
          break if burst>=0
        end
        pokeballThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler,self,@battle.battlers[targetBattler],burst,showplayer)
      end

def pbThrowSuccess
        if [email protected]
          @briefmessage=false
          pbMEPlay("Jingle - HMTM")
          frames=(3.5*Graphics.frame_rate).to_i
          frames.times do
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
          end
        end
      end

def pbHideCaptureBall
        if @sprites["capture"]
          loop do
            break if @sprites["capture"].opacity<=0
            @sprites["capture"].opacity-=12
            pbGraphicsUpdate
            pbInputUpdate
          end
        end
      end

def pbThrowBait
        @briefmessage=false
        ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleBait")
        armanim=false
          armanim=true
        end
        # sprites
        spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon1"]
        spritePlayer=@sprites["player"]
        spriteBall.visible=false
        # pictures
        pokecenter=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon1"])
        # starting positions
        picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
        picturePlayer.moveName(1,@sprites["player"].name)
        # directives
        pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,Graphics.width/2,48,
                              PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_X-48,
                              PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEBATTLER_Y)
        if armanim
        end
        # Show Pokémon jumping before eating the bait
        picturePoke.moveSE(50,"Audio/SE/jump")
        picturePoke.moveXY(8,50,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1]-8)
        picturePoke.moveXY(8,58,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
        pictureBall.moveVisible(66,false)
        picturePoke.moveSE(66,"Audio/SE/jump")
        picturePoke.moveXY(8,66,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1]-8)
        picturePoke.moveXY(8,74,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
        # TODO: Show Pokémon eating the bait (pivots at the bottom right corner)
        loop do
          pictureBall.update
          picturePoke.update
          picturePlayer.update
          setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer)
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running? && !picturePlayer.running?
        end
        spriteBall.dispose
      end

def pbThrowRock
        @briefmessage=false
        ball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleRock")
        anger=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/battleAnger")
        armanim=false
          armanim=true
        end
        # sprites
        spritePoke=@sprites["pokemon1"]
        spritePlayer=@sprites["player"]
        spriteBall.visible=false
        spriteAnger=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
        spriteAnger.visible=false
        # pictures
        pictureAnger=PictureEx.new(spritePoke.z+1)
        pokecenter=getSpriteCenter(@sprites["pokemon1"])
        # starting positions
        picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
        picturePlayer.moveName(1,@sprites["player"].name)
        pictureAnger.moveVisible(1,false)
        pictureAnger.moveName(1,anger)
        pictureAnger.moveXY(0,1,pokecenter[0]-56,pokecenter[1]-48)
        pictureAnger.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
        pictureAnger.moveZoom(0,1,100)
        # directives
        pictureBall.moveCurve(30,1,64,256,Graphics.width/2,48,pokecenter[0],pokecenter[1])
        pictureBall.moveSE(30,"Audio/SE/notverydamage")
        if armanim
        end
        pictureBall.moveVisible(40,false)
        # Show Pokémon being angry
        pictureAnger.moveSE(48,"Audio/SE/jump")
        pictureAnger.moveVisible(48,true)
        pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,48,130)
        pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,56,100)
        pictureAnger.moveXY(0,64,pokecenter[0]+56,pokecenter[1]-64)
        pictureAnger.moveSE(64,"Audio/SE/jump")
        pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,64,130)
        pictureAnger.moveZoom(8,72,100)
        pictureAnger.moveVisible(80,false)
        loop do
          pictureBall.update
          picturePoke.update
          picturePlayer.update
          pictureAnger.update
          setPictureIconSprite(spritePlayer,picturePlayer)
          setPictureIconSprite(spriteAnger,pictureAnger)
          pbGraphicsUpdate
          pbInputUpdate
          break if !pictureBall.running? && !picturePoke.running? &&
                   !picturePlayer.running? && !pictureAnger.running?
        end
        spriteBall.dispose
      end
    end

load up yor game and sprites should be where there supposed too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    I'm getting the message "Script 'PokeBattle_Scene' line 189: SytaxError Occurred" when I try to load the game

Back