• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
  • Lil announcement

Those look great, Mac. ^_^ Squibeel just looks so... right. xD Oh, and make sure you get a newer version of Ponleaf from West, as he's changed it up a bit. =3

Onto another topic... I've realized that with school and whatnot, it's been nearly impossible for me to sprite, so just so everyone knows, I probably won't be making many new contributions to the project until the summer. The 2nd or 3rd week of June, more specifically. I might have a few rare days off from school in which I can get something done, but I'm really struggling to get a 4.0 this quarter. xD So, I have a lot of projects to do, extra work to do, finals to start studying for... the whole boatload. I'll try to sprite a bit in the free time I have but, you'll see me at work again in June for sure. ^_^

-- Vannah~

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Just saw the new Screenies and I'm liking them. It's one thing to see them in a bland document form, and another to actually see them pulled together with the Pokemon itself.

On another note, I think the Abilities should remain the same. However, my choice of Abilities for them would be:

Squibeel: Guts
    Meltell: Shed Skin
    Freezpool: Compound Eyes

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Those look great, Mac. ^_^ Squibeel just looks so... right. xD Oh, and make sure you get a newer version of Ponleaf from West, as he's changed it up a bit. =3

Onto another topic... I've realized that with school and whatnot, it's been nearly impossible for me to sprite, so just so everyone knows, I probably won't be making many new contributions to the project until the summer. The 2nd or 3rd week of June, more specifically. I might have a few rare days off from school in which I can get something done, but I'm really struggling to get a 4.0 this quarter. xD So, I have a lot of projects to do, extra work to do, finals to start studying for... the whole boatload. I'll try to sprite a bit in the free time I have but, you'll see me at work again in June for sure. ^_^

-- Vannah~
    Ok, I understand that school will be getting busy for you ^^
    What this means for everyone else is that the Alpha will be delayed. The good news is that it will be longer though, as we will spend this time Mapping and Scripting ^^
    I'd also like to welcome the latest addition to the team, Atlus, our new mapper :D

Last edited:

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • On another note, I think the Abilities should remain the same. However, my choice of Abilities for them would be:

Meltell: Shed Skin
    Freezpool: Compound Eyes
    Umm, no offense, but those dont make much sense, aside from Squibeels. Meltell shouldnt have shed skin, thats a bug thing, and compound eyes is basically to keep accuracy up, which would apply to beachfront and bug species, not a water/ice type. Heres my view:

Melteel: Flame Body OR Magma Armor
    Freezpool: Swift Swim OR Rain Dish

Short descriptions:
    Flame Body: Afflicts opponent with Burn 30% of the time when attacked directly.
    Magma Armor: Prevents Pokemon from getting Frozen (not as cool but the magma part befits Meltell)
    Swift Swim: Doubles Pokemons speed when its raining.
    Rain Dish: Recovers HP every turn it is raining in battle.

Thats my take on the subject..........

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I don't know about the changes of abilities. You really have to be careful,since an ability can make or break a Pokemon.
    If you do decide on changing them, try to even things out between the three starters, or the "balance of power" might be all messed up...

Example: Magma Armor on Meltell would be somewhat pointless, considering that it will turn out to be a Fire/Rock type, you almost never would use a Ice type attack against it. And even if you did, the chances of being frozen are rather slim.

Vital Spirit on the other hand is extremely useful. If Squibeel is to be a Sweeper, it will benefit greatly from its sleep-immunity. That's because one of the few ways to shut down a sweeping attempt, is to put your opponent to sleep.

As for Water Veil, its not bad, but not good either. It mostly depends on what Freezpools role will be later on. Lets say it'll be a Special sweeper, then Water Veil would be almost useless, since it cuts Freezspool Attack stat, but it is its Special Attack, which it would rely on.
    If it where to be wall(physical or special doesn't matter), Water Veil would be more helpfull, effectivly shutting down Will-o-Wisp.
    On a Physical Set, it would gain the most from its ability, since it would be save from the Attack reducing effect of a burn condition.

So you see, abilties are really important, and you should be very careful when making changes to the starter's abilities.

If you really change them, try picking beneficial ones, that will support the pokemon in what their role in a team would most likely be:

Squibeel- Vital Spirit / Limber /Guts

Meltell- Shed Skin / Shield Dust / Marvel Scale

Freezpool- Water Veil / Water Absorb/ Swift Swim

Now for the explenation:
    Squibeel in my opinion will be a classical sweeper, be it spacial, physical or mixed doesn't matter for the first two option. They'll both be helpful, as they effectively shut down one of the two most hated effects for Sweepers: Sleep and Paralysis. The Third Option would only benefit a Physically inclined set. For a specially focused set, you might want to go with Clorophyll.

Meltell has abbilties that help it fulfill its tanking/walling options. Shed Skin will heal status effects like poison,sleep or paralysis, that might get in the way. Shield dust prevents added effects from happening, most notably flinching and poisoning from poison type moves. Marvel scale will boost its defense even more when afflicted with a special condition, which on a walling set is very helpful.

I don't really know what Freezpool will turn out to be, sweeper,tank,support, but either way one of those abilities will prove helpful. I already talked about water veil before, so that should be clear.
    Water absorb is great for switching in. I would have prefered Dry skin, but that's a D/P ability, so that wasn't an option. But Water absorb should do just fine. Especially if you are good at predicting.
    Swift Swim would be most helpful on an offensive moveset. I don't know if Freezpool will be a fast pokemon, but if its speed stat is anywhere from poor to average this will definately help him out. Set up a rain dance, and start sweeping. Especially since it boost Water type moves. Imaging A STAB Surf, that gains even more Power thanks to raindance ;-)

So sorry for the long post, I'll try to shut up earlier next time, just wanted to point out how important abilties are, and that they should be handled with care ^^
    And as always, this is just me. xD

I don't really get why you're analyzing this as you would for a competitive battle... Isn't this a hack GAME which you'd use an IN-GAME team and not a competitive battle team?? Sorry if that sounded rude, didn't mean for it to. But really- Think about past starters such as Treecko- it didn't learn too much grass stuff to utilize overgrow... Totodile learns water gun... and waits forever until it gets hydro pump... the starters aren't supposed to be the most powerful pokemon in the game anyway... right? besides overgrow, blaze, and torrent aren't the most effective abilities that's for sure... so why should these starters be so much stronger?? makes no sense to me. I wish my squirtle had water absorb or some other helpful (or somewhat helpful) ability but it doesn't. that's how starters are.

that said, i have no authority regarding this matter. my opinion- nothing more. that's what it is.

oh yeah, and i DEFINITELY think the abilities should at LEAST SOMEWHAT take into consideration the kind of pokemon the ability's gonna go to- as in is it dog-like? squirrel-like?? and meltell with shed skin would be... odd. really. i just can't see that happening. Just plain can't.

I still stick by my choices of VITAL SPIRIT, MAGMA ARMOR, WATER VEIL. because of their similar effects (just like torrent etc.) and since they fit the actual species.(as in meltell etc.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I guess you're right ^^ It doesn't really make sense, considering this is a hack xD I just always keep thinking in competitive game play aspects. It almost as if i were cursed LOL
    Well, anyways, in that case I really the starters should just stick to the regular abilities, since I still think that its somewhat unfair for Squibeel to have a very useful ability, and for Meltell to suck with his...Even it is just ingame. It's just my oppinion, but I think the starters should be somewhat balanced...

Also, at first I also thought shed skin wouldn't fit Meletell, but in the end I thought of a rock polish kind of thing. Where every now and then it would just loose or "shed", some of its old, outer "crust", with a new fresh one growing almost right back. But thats just my imagination going beserk LOL

Anyways, this is just me ^^

Last edited:

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • I still stick by my choices of VITAL SPIRIT, MAGMA ARMOR, WATER VEIL. because of their similar effects (just like torrent etc.) and since they fit the actual species.(as in meltell etc.)
    I think I can go by those, because, as you say, they are balanced, just like the originals. We were just discussing this because we werent sure if we should stick to the original idea, or move past it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I still stick by my choices of VITAL SPIRIT, MAGMA ARMOR, WATER VEIL. because of their similar effects (just like torrent etc.) and since they fit the actual species.(as in meltell etc.)
    Me too,those ability fits them very well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    So how about showing us the super powerful legenday
    Since the results were such a landside :classic:

MegaMaccer

Years
  • So how about showing us the super powerful legenday
    Since the results were such a landside :classic:
    Alrighty, I guess I have been a little slack with showing you this guy. Now, I'm only going to leave it up here for 1 day, and then I'm going to take it down ^^ So, no one quote this message please, because then when I delete the sprite, we get that ugly "Image is Missing" thing that photobucket puts up ^^
    So, I present you Demolisk:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: I've taken him down now, I know a lot of people want to have him as a surprise, so I got rid of him. If you really want to see it, let me know

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Umm, no offense, but those dont make much sense, aside from Squibeels. Meltell shouldnt have shed skin, thats a bug thing, and compound eyes is basically to keep accuracy up, which would apply to beachfront and bug species, not a water/ice type. Heres my view:

Melteel: Flame Body OR Magma Armor
    Freezpool: Swift Swim OR Rain Dish

Short descriptions:
    Flame Body: Afflicts opponent with Burn 30% of the time when attacked directly.
    Magma Armor: Prevents Pokemon from getting Frozen (not as cool but the magma part befits Meltell)
    Swift Swim: Doubles Pokemons speed when its raining.
    Rain Dish: Recovers HP every turn it is raining in battle.

Thats my take on the subject..........

I guess you're right ^^ It doesn't really make sense, considering this is a hack xD I just always keep thinking in competitive game play aspects. It almost as if i were cursed LOL
    Well, anyways, in that case I really the starters should just stick to the regular abilities, since I still think that its somewhat unfair for Squibeel to have a very useful ability, and for Meltell to suck with his...Even it is just ingame. It's just my oppinion, but I think the starters should be somewhat balanced...

Also, at first I also thought shed skin wouldn't fit Meletell, but in the end I thought of a rock polish kind of thing. Where every now and then it would just loose or "shed", some of its old, outer "crust", with a new fresh one growing almost right back. But thats just my imagination going beserk LOL

Anyways, this is just me ^^

Well, Don has a point. I remember reading a Dex entry or two about Golem and how it sheds its outer hide for a new one, so Shed Skin could work. As for Compound Eyes, it is very useful for some of Freezpool's Ice attacks. Plus, these are all Stat or Status related, and none of them can really give each other an edge over another. However, having said all of this, I still stand by my belief that the Starters should keep their traditional Abilities because they already have an edge against other Pokemon in that they are uniquely typed, have higher, well-rounded Stats, and they have really great Movesets.

Edit: Just realized you finally went public with Demolisk. I can't wait to read people's reactions. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I totaly agree with x_richard_tdh.
    Just keep the old abilities ^^

As for the legendary...WOW!!! Looks awesome!!!

as always, TIJM xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    For some reason I can't see the double spoiler, can you change the sprite to just 1 spoiler

Mac the sprite looks awesome, I would just say it needs a little shading, and on its left hand the claws look kinda weird

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The sprite looks AWSOME!!! as always XD.But the left claw is kinda wierd and a little shading wont hurt does it ^_^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Oh, wow. It's a legendary, is it?

That'll be one pretty awesome (OW) sprite to look forward to.. as if the rest weren't any better.

Keep up the good work, guys!

MegaMaccer

Years
  • I'm glad everyone likes Demolisk. I'm going to leave him up for about thirty more minutes, then I'll be taking him down. I have some more screenshots for you to take a look at, its Gimo Path, the first map from our new mapper Atlus ^^ Let us know what you think of the screenies
    Spoiler:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I'm glad everyone likes Demolisk. I'm going to leave him up for about thirty more minutes, then I'll be taking him down. I have some more screenshots for you to take a look at, its Gimo Path, the first map from our new mapper Atlus ^^ Let us know what you think of the screenies
    Spoiler:

I love them.
    I love Atlus' style of mapping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back