• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obtaining International Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    So I've been reading about the value in breading Pokemon from different countries (the MM Method) and I'm wondering what the best way is to find an international trade? Have you all had experience purchasing Pokemon via an exchange site, like eBay? Are they easier to obtain? Please share your trading experience!

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • Easiest way is to just Wonder Trade. You'll end up getting stuff that's foreign to you, and no reason to spend money on getting them in the first place.. :D

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Yep, Wondertrade is your very very very best friend for this sort of thing, you just need to have the patience and persistence. Also, a Foreign Ditto is the best thing you can possibly get, since it breeds with eeeverything that can breed. However, a lot of people are not willing to part with any, since they can be hard to find.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Wonder trade works well, though it's obviously random. If you want to get foreign Pokemon, it may be effective to trade at times of day when foreigners are most likely to be playing. I've also been collecting a lot of foreign Pokemon from the GTS (I'm trying to complete my foreign dex entries), though it's easiest to get foreign Pokemon by trading for Pokemon that are already up, and a lot of people want legendaries, so you may need to acquire a few of those from the GTS as trade fodder first. (I find that it's pretty easy to get legendaries by putting up good breeding rejects.)

If you just want to MM, try to get a foreign Ditto, preferably a 6IV one. You could probably find someone who would be willing to give you one. I would say it's unnecessary to purchase Pokemon from Ebay or anything like that.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I go on showdown. After spamming your request every couple minutes, someone will give you a trade. I tried going into the Spanish section of showdown and used google translate in hopes of more foreign people, but it didn't work out. The mods told me to type some command for the wifi section, but I didn't realize it was the wifi section that I was on previously. (The commands wouldn't work). When I told everybody I couldn't speak Spanish and stuff (with the little I know), I heard a lot of

Jajajajajaja. I think that is hahahaha in English. Stupid me. I tried to explain myself. But, I think they were still making fun of me. Lol

Moral of the story: just stick with the wifi trade section of showdown. It works really well.

county1883

dragon master
    Years
  • So I've been reading about the value in breading Pokemon from different countries (the MM Method) and I'm wondering what the best way is to find an international trade? Have you all had experience purchasing Pokemon via an exchange site, like eBay? Are they easier to obtain? Please share your trading experience!

I have a spare japanese ditto :)
    Pm me
    Its a friend safari so its guaranteed 2 perfect ivs

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wonder trading is the easiest way to get foreign Pokemon, but I go to Showdown when looking for specific 'mons...

Although trading on Showdown can get a little difficult since the chat can sometimes move too fast and people can get picky with what their getting for the trade, (want "Shiny 6iv KB", "6iv Shiny legends etc.") it's much easier than wonder trading for a foreign competitive 'mon and then spending the next few hours receiving crap like 00/00/00/00/00/00 Magikarps lv5 Bunnelbys and lv5 Caterpie

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Why pay for pokemon when they are just as easy to get them in the game plus the GTS center is always good to get exact pokemon you need but I agree with everyone else wonder trading is the best option because you don't know what pokemon you will get, I got lucky and got a Mewtwo through wonder trading

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yep, Wondertrade is your very very very best friend for this sort of thing, you just need to have the patience and persistence. Also, a Foreign Ditto is the best thing you can possibly get, since it breeds with eeeverything that can breed. However, a lot of people are not willing to part with any, since they can be hard to find.

Good luck!

Well that's all a matter of perspective! For example, if someone from Germany wanted a foreign ditto from me, I could get them hundreds from a ditto safari because me being in Canada my dittos would be foreign to them, so flip that and if you talk to someone from Germany they would be fine giving you foreign dittos too because to them, it's a domestic ditto! :D

Foreign dittos are only rare if you only communicate with people in the same region as you, as soon as you factor in the internet, foreign anything isn't that hard to come by.

Years
  • All the pokemon I've ever gotten from trade are foreign, as in not from my country. I don't think anyone here does more than the single player stuff as our internet is generaly horrible.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I like the fact that my cartridge is French. Especially for people who breed and don't like 6IV Dittos, receiving a 5-6IV parent from me is basically the next-best-thing ☺

Definitely gives me some trading leverage, I think.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • If u wanna get international pokemon? Well thats easy. Just wonder trade over and over again. I bet there will be atleast 1 international pokemon.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • You could always check on here, too. I have over 100 Pokémon available to trade that are foreign French (works for MM on ENG, JAP, etc. games). There are probably other shops offering Pokémon in GER, ESP, etc. that would work well :pink_tongue:

Or, to reiterate what others are saying: WT.

Back