• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cave Encounters

Eternal Dreamer

Dreaming my way to the top!
Years
  • Okay, I may seem like a complete newb, but I just want to make sure that I do this right.

When I go into the editor, and set encounters for a cave, do I have to have a certain tile for it to work? (Like grass with terrain tag 2 for land)

Because, I recently went to test my caves, and there were no encounters...

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    Two small advices when you have this kind of problems. First, try looking for it in Pokemon Essentials Wiki, like this: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Encounters Usually descriptions there help a lot.

Second, try posting an example of what you have made (inside a CODE tag) so people can see what's wrong.

Considering your description I wonder, did you specify it is a Cave? Usually any normal outside map would say something like:

Code:
    [FONT="Arial"]01 # Map Name
    [B]Land[/B]
    PIDGEY,2
    PARAS,2
    PARAS,3
    RATTATA,3[/FONT]

But a map cave would say:
    Code:
    [FONT="Arial"]002 # Cave Name
    [B]Cave[/B]
    ZUBAT,5
    GEODUDE,5
    GEODUDE,6
    ZUBAT,7[/FONT]

See the bold text? When you want it to be a cave, you should specify that in encounters.txt, that way pokemon can be found ANYWERE. If your cave is set as "Land" you won't find pokemon because there's no tall grass in caves, and that's what Land is for.

Eternal Dreamer

Dreaming my way to the top!
    Years
  • Yes, I did set it as cave tiles and there was no luck.

I figured it might be some error with Pokemon Essentials, and downloaded the newest release. That seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks anyways ^_^

Back