• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Sakura's Graphics Gallery

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Hello! I thought I would post a few of my graphics here for maybe some input. I have only been making graphics for a bit more than a year now and have had many graphic request shops on another forum, but I'm not very good so I'm hoping to improve some more. ^_^

This is something I made today:
    173_signature_by_eevee201-d8wb05d.png

I have a lot of problems with flow and depth, but most of my signatures use PNGs so any tips on those would be lovely =)

Icons
    Spoiler:

Signatures
    Spoiler:

Large Tags
    Spoiler:

Tagwalls
    Spoiler:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • oh i love your artwork. super cute and super bright. some of the icons are really awesome, but some seem a little flat and blurry. i would try working on making things not so flat by creating depth by using different coloring. The signatures are really pretty. the only advice i have for them is to be careful choosing texts. some of them they're hard to read because of the colors and they are flat. Adding just simple text without an outline and a drop shadow can make the text pop more. keep posting!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    oh i love your artwork. super cute and super bright. some of the icons are really awesome, but some seem a little flat and blurry. i would try working on making things not so flat by creating depth by using different coloring. The signatures are really pretty. the only advice i have for them is to be careful choosing texts. some of them they're hard to read because of the colors and they are flat. Adding just simple text without an outline and a drop shadow can make the text pop more. keep posting!
    Thank you very much for your input! I will certainly keep it all in mind when I make something new. I completely forgot to add that text is my biggest weakness, haha, it's really difficult to make it blend well so I try to avoid it when possible.

I'm glad you like them ^_^

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Some of these are fantastic. Really great stuff here.

My only problem would be that they can appear too bright, and hence become very flat. Depth is a very important aspect to a tag, and you should definitely try and ensure there is sufficient depth to every piece. Tone down the brightness in places, and add some shading in areas of the tag that aren't the focus, and that alone can give you some great depth.

futami_ami_and_mami_signature__v_1__by_eevee201-d893rv8.png

This piece is pretty good for showing some depth; the focals are bright, the background darker and it gives the piece some depth. That's pretty much all there is to it, but build on that, and try and be creative with how you create depth too, and it can create some very interesting effects too.

I would also say try and be a bit more dynamic with your tag sizes. The more static ones are good, but you can definitely make the moving focal tags more explosive if you were to narrow them for example. Try out different sizes and see what works.

Otherwise what you have here is amazing, and I can't wait to see what more you'll show us!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    These are wonderful, you certainly have a distinct style and your work shows a lot of personality. However, as a graphic designer, I have to agree with xxkaylabby; the text is almost illegible on a few of the signatures and large icons. I didn't even notice there was text on some of them at first. I'd avoid using outlines around your text, as it can blend with the background and become lost, especially on backgrounds as busy as these.
    Thank you for the compliment and feedback! I will keep it in mind when doing text next time ^_^

Some of these are fantastic. Really great stuff here.

My only problem would be that they can appear too bright, and hence become very flat. Depth is a very important aspect to a tag, and you should definitely try and ensure there is sufficient depth to every piece. Tone down the brightness in places, and add some shading in areas of the tag that aren't the focus, and that alone can give you some great depth.

futami_ami_and_mami_signature__v_1__by_eevee201-d893rv8.png

This piece is pretty good for showing some depth; the focals are bright, the background darker and it gives the piece some depth. That's pretty much all there is to it, but build on that, and try and be creative with how you create depth too, and it can create some very interesting effects too.

I would also say try and be a bit more dynamic with your tag sizes. The more static ones are good, but you can definitely make the moving focal tags more explosive if you were to narrow them for example. Try out different sizes and see what works.

Otherwise what you have here is amazing, and I can't wait to see what more you'll show us!
    Thank you very much for your CnC, it was very helpful since it was with the part I had the most trouble with. I'll be sure to keep it all in mind, thanks again! =)

Back