• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I WANT DIALGA said:
why when i load up my ruby rom in unlz-gba why does it show glithy graphics?
and how to index? sprites?

Well it could be an issue with your ROM file, maybe get a new one. To index sprites either paste over an original/unedited sprite or use a paint-like program that can index image colours.

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
You can export sprites using most Pokemon sprite editing tool, all you have to do is copy the colour of the non-edited sprite onto the new sprite. Instead of adding colours that do not exist in the palettes, the other option would be to palette change the original Vaporeon's colours.

You would have to edit the grass animation, try using TLP or Tile Molester. If you specified which game I could be more helpful.

Obviously, all the scripts follow the same commands.

What variable do you want?

The variable of special commands,display message.

2.how to insert tile to advancemap

Last edited:

Kenneth Alog

Infectus Raiken
Years
Well it could be an issue with your ROM file, maybe get a new one. To index sprites either paste over an original/unedited sprite or use a paint-like program that can index image colours.

thanks but i have tried every rom, even DJG's (sorry i have to try to be sure)
also thanks for the 6 sec tutorial

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hyunbin said:
i'm hacking leafgreen (english rom)

In TLP or Tile Molester go to the offset 398E08. They should be a bit further down from there.

wahwa said:
The variable of special commands,display message.

2.how to insert tile to advancemap

Maybe ask in the Script Questions instead, about variables.

2. You can export the tileset from Advance-Map from the Block Editor(Ctrl+B), Then go File > Save Tileset 1 or 2. To import the tileset back in, go to File > Import Tileset 1 or 2.

Cronos said:
Is it possible to use more than 15 palettes for the tilesets in firered. (advancemap)

Well the answer to that is yes, seeing as the maximum is 16 palettes not 15. More then that will not work.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2008
Hum, hi, a friend of mine is planning to do a Pokemon Blue hack, and we wanted to know if it's possible to add something like the breeding system from newer editions

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
This is... kinda weird. When I try to write an í (i with accent), Advance Text turns it into a blank space once I click on save. The strange thing, all the other vowels don't have any problem (á, é, ó, ú). Does someone know how can I get it to work?

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i'm having a saving problem (i'm hacking firered btw)

first of all, after the title screen, this message pops up (not sure if it's related to the problem or not):
pokemonDreamStar1.png

i start a new game and then i go to save
it says WARNING:...
pokemonDreamStar2.png

but there's nothing saved
no .sav file in the folder, no .bak either (if that has anything to do with save files)
i go to save it anyway, and this comes up

pokemonDreamStar3.png

pokemonDreamStar4.png

is there anything i can do to make this rom save?
or should i look for another one?

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016

first of all, after the title screen, this message pops up (not sure if it's related to the problem or not):
pokemonDreamStar1.png

pokemonDreamStar2.png

no .sav file in the folder, no .bak either (if that has anything to do with save files)

pokemonDreamStar3.png

pokemonDreamStar4.png

Use save states. I don't have VBA installed currently, but I'm sure it's File -> Save, or something similar. Up to ten slots can be saved per ROM.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
Use save states. I don't have VBA installed currently, but I'm sure it's File -> Save, or something similar. Up to ten slots can be saved per ROM.

i want this to be played on an emulator on psp or a flash cartridge thingie on gba
will that be possible on there too?

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
hi just a quick question sorry if it has been answered but im too lazy to look ,how to find the pallete offsets of OVERWORLDS ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Lupe said:
hi just a quick question sorry if it has been answered but im too lazy to look ,how to find the pallete offsets of OVERWORLDS ?

Use your VBA to find the specific palettes, then search for the flipped values using VBA.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009

pokemonDreamStar1.png

pokemonDreamStar2.png

pokemonDreamStar3.png

pokemonDreamStar4.png

the solution to your problem is changing the save type. Go Options>Emulator>Save Type>FLASH 128k. And if you want to enable time-based events (growing berries etc.) go Options>Emulator and tick real time clock. You have to delete your previous .SAVs for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back