• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Would you like a FRLG Remake?

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
  • Yeah. I would honestly like any Pokemon Remake because I want to see what a particular region would be like with the updated graphics. As many others say though, I would love it if some things were added to these remakes to make them a little bit different.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I would really love to see Kanto with updated graphics but I agree that the games would need a little extra something because as much as I love Kanto for the nostalgia, the gameplay is very basic (understandably so) and pretty boring to plow through at this point after seeing how far Pokémon has come.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    After the Sinnoh remakes I'd rather see a Kanto Remake than a Unova remake that's for damn sure. I would love to see Kanto in 3D with the physical special spilt and the new features we have today.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Wouldn't want them to directly remake FR/LG but maybe remake the originals with a different storyline, obviously with new features, add a few new landmarks and cities altogether, etc. So in a way yes and no.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    A remake of a remake? No thanks, just seems counter productive.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    Kind of? I don't want the Sevii Islands post-game though. I'd love a 3D model style like ORAS/XY was and like Sun and Moon is bound to be, and I want a DexNav-similar feature as well as the return of friend safaris or something like them as well.And returning Radar as well but making it less of a headache.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    While I can see one happening, I think they need to take a break with all this madness already out. And since FR/LG is already sort of a homage to the first games still on GBA, I'd adore to have a super updated and 3D one in all color and all its nostalgia. Sort of expected that to come out after ORAS, but I guess not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2017
    If they changed it enough to make it worth playing and feel like having a new experience while still keeping the nostalgia, yep!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I actually would like a FRLG remake, as long as it had a major, major overhaul and it included the Sevii Islands. I found Kanto to be really boring and honestly just plain old remaking it in the new graphics style would be really boring as well =/ I'm not sure about a sequel, considering that HGSS is sort of the sequel.

I don't think any major changes would happen, however, as it's considered a "classic" and I doubt that if they re-released it they would want to change the nostalgic feel.

With the release of RBY and the ability to transfer those Pokemon to Sun & Moon I think we can consider those a "remake" of sorts, as the Pokemon can be transferred for the first time and it preserves the nostalgia, everything they probably wanted. So I don't think we will get one anytime soon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    No. A remake implies it is the same game but with upgrades graphics and features. Kanto is stale and overdone and there's already plenty of gen 1 pandering to be had in XY, gen 1 VC releases, and now even in SM. You'd be better off having HGSS remade so you can at the very least get to experience Johto alongside the overused Kanto. And as far as remakes go, I'd rather see them tackle DPP and eventually BW/B2W2 remakes rather than focus their attention on yet another "gen 1" game.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • It seems like with Sun and Moon that Game Freak is trying to take the series into a different direction to avoid repetitiveness. I love remakes, personally. I like to go back to older generations with updated graphics, updated movepools, etc... It would be cool to explore the region again with the fairy type available as well.

Personally, though, I find the Kanto-based games to be utterly dull compared to most of the other regions (this could be in part by the fact that I've played them so many times). So if there was a way to have some more depth added to the story, or if they made some more NPC's involved with the plot other than just Blue/Green and Giovanni, that would help improve it a lot if they were to do a remake.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Maybe in the distant future when we haven't seen Kanto in a few generations.

Years
  • I could see them doing something like that with their 20th anniversary. If they're going to do another remake after sun/moon I'd probably prefer Kanto over Sinnoh. I don't feel like the newer games could use a remake as much as the first couple gens did.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2017
    If not a remake, a re-release would be nice.. I missed out on these titles after RYB!

Years
  • Didn't they release them on the Japanese 3DS store? It took them forever to get Super Metroid on the thing after the Japanese had it for like, two years. Maybe a re-release, but a straight remake? No. I'd like them to pump as much content as possible into a game with at least three regions showing what happens a decade later in the series. That would interest me. It gives the opportunity to kill off certain 'old' characters *cough* Blaine *cough* Agatha *cough* oh, excuse me. It would be interesting to see what they could come up with if the games took place in the future. I'm ready for some kind of Pokegeddon to be actively put in practice. I just don't think even people who really enjoyed Kanto (like me) are willing to sit through the exact same dialogue a second time. And bring back the game corner for tons' sake!It'd be okay if they ported them as digital DLs though. I'm up for that.

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • I really don't want a FRLG remake because its the worst game I ever played
    nintendo can make an another Kanto game including a few new locations and the worst place
    sevii island removed............. and also a complete new storyline with new legendaries including the rarest one Mew

Back