• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever made a team based on something?

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Have you ever made a Pokemon team where the entire team was based on something else? Like another game or a series? Maybe some kind of mythology?

My fiancee and I worked on a Godzilla themed one together, though it never ended up getting finished.

Tyranitar = Godzilla
    Hydreigon = King Ghidorah
    Aggron = Mecha Godzilla
    Nidoking = Baragon
    Shiny Yanmega = Megaguirus
    Garchomp = Gigan

We also tossed around a few other ideas, such as Rodan as Moltres and Mothra as Venomoth or Volcarona, but these felt like the best overall matches.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've never been really fond of "theme" teams in the past, but when I played Alpha Sapphire I made a team with all female Pokémon. I had to soft reset for my starter so many times... but I managed to stick with the theme through to the Elite 4.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I have a few themes that I use for my teams. My favorite is my Full Metal Alchemist homunculi theme:

Ditto = Envy
    Hydreigon = Wrath
    Snorlax = Gluttony
    Vaporeon = Sloth
    Milotic = Lust
    Aegislash = Pride
    Bisharp = Greed

I've also got somewhat of a Doctor Who theme going, with my Dialga named The Doctor and my Celebi named River Song. Sadly though I haven't figured out any other Pokemon to put into this theme.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Ditto = Envy
    Hydreigon = Wrath
    Snorlax = Gluttony
    Vaporeon = Sloth
    Milotic = Lust
    Aegislash = Pride
    Bisharp = Greed
    I like this. I always wanted to get more into FMA but never really had the chance to. I like that you went with a specific version of the Seven Deadly Sins, rather than -just- the sins themselves.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Have you ever made a team based on something?

Years
  • My early years in pokemon gaming all had were based on ash's theme no extra pokemon!But now well i don't care about themes I just use my favorites!

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • I have done so, quite often in fact. Perhaps the most appropriate one is my Platinum/Scheherazade 1931 run:
    Starter being Sterling the Chimchar (fire red hair)
    Evelyn the Roserade (all about beauty)
    Biggles the Kadabra (psychic butler)
    Felix the Graveler (tanker)
    Anna the Pachirisu (blue color scheme, is cute)
    Sadie the Espeon (all pink!)
    Roland the Absol (tall, dark and mysterious)
    Rashad the Gyarados (understated but absolutely awesome)
    Ruddy the Giratina (welcome to the darkside)

Years
  • I've done Ash's team a few times in different regions. Did his Kanto team, Sinnoh team, and I think his Hoenn team once as well. Other than that, not really. Should try it out again though.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Like most of the people said, my team was also based on Ash Ketchum in the past but now i don't prefer any based teams and play in any way.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • This makes me want to do a street fighter theme

Spoiler:
    Interesting. I've never been a big Street Fighter fan but it looks to me like most of them match. The only one I really don't get is Mewtwo as Bison, unless it's purely because Bison is known to be powerful. I wonder what Pokemon Blanka and Vega would be represented by...

Think the Staraptor is hilarious, even though I don't recognize the character.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Interesting. I've never been a big Street Fighter fan but it looks to me like most of them match. The only one I really don't get is Mewtwo as Bison, unless it's purely because Bison is known to be powerful. I wonder what Pokemon Blanka and Vega would be represented by...

Think the Staraptor is hilarious, even though I don't recognize the character.
    Bison and Mewtwo are mostly similar in their concept. They're both cloned entities with psychic powers and control an army of clones. Although Bison transfers his soul to cloned bodies than being a clone himself, and Mewtwo is more of a sympathetic villain than one that's deliciously evil. And yeah they're both practically super powerful, immortal beings.

I was actually thinking Vega could be Zangoose since he kinda got the tattoo-like markings and claws, then I realized the irony of Vega having a snake motif lol. Blanka I honestly don't know, Electabuzz?

Years
  • I haven't yet but have always wanted to, there just never seems to be the time! I would like to do teams based on the teams of the main female characters in the anime. Dawn's especially as I'd like to compete in the Contests with them.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've been building my team according to balance, so they can help out each other as a team mate, rather than randomly slapping them together.

I'm also trying to explore new possibilities, for example I haven't used a Yanma in my team before so I tried using one, which ended up as one of my favorites.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I assume, building a team around one single Pokemon, as a competitive team, doesn't count? Otherwise, most of the teams I've created on cartridge had Pokemon on it, that all had nicknames that I took from other video games. So, I could say, my teams have almost always been based on a plentora of other games.

Back