• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Can someone give me a list for all the script numbers for obtaining an item?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can someone give me a list for all the script numbers for obtaining an item?

see thethethethe's script tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials.

also, try searching around before asking searchable questions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
I haven't been able to find this in the tool section, or a clear answer to it in this thread:

1. Can somebody point me to a tutorial on changing the battle cries (cry) of pokemon in Fire Red?

2. Can somebody point me to a tutorial on changing the overworld sprite of pokemon?(the one that you see in the pokemon menu)

Thanks in advance!

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Okay, I searched EVERYWHERE and can't find an answer to my question. Here it is.

1. I downloaded Advance Text and Advance Map. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. When I open it, it says there is an error and that Comdlg32.ocx is not working or something. I tried to run it in compatibility mode, I got a new Comdlg32.ocx file, I ran it, but it still fails! What's wrong?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I haven't been able to find this in the tool section, or a clear answer to it in this thread:

1. Can somebody point me to a tutorial on changing the battle cries (cry) of pokemon in Fire Red?

2. Can somebody point me to a tutorial on changing the overworld sprite of pokemon?(the one that you see in the pokemon menu)

Thanks in advance!

answers...
1. as of what I may recall, there's still no safe procedure, nor a tutorial on how to change POKéMON cries, nor is there a safe tool for doing so...
I do think you can change their cries with a hex editor, but I ain't so sure...

2. by saying menu, do you mean the POKéMON Menu screen where you can view your POKéMON Party..? If so, I have a tutorial on how to change icons. Check out the Documents and Tutorials section...

Okay, I searched EVERYWHERE and can't find an answer to my question. Here it is.

1. I downloaded Advance Text and Advance Map. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. When I open it, it says there is an error and that Comdlg32.ocx is not working or something. I tried to run it in compatibility mode, I got a new Comdlg32.ocx file, I ran it, but it still fails! What's wrong?

I haven't got a foggiest idea why that happens, but I have heard that many hacking tools do not work with Vista. :\

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009

answers...
1. as of what I may recall, there's still no safe procedure, nor a tutorial on how to change POKéMON cries, nor is there a safe tool for doing so...
I do think you can change their cries with a hex editor, but I ain't so sure...

2. by saying menu, do you mean the POKéMON Menu screen where you can view your POKéMON Party..? If so, I have a tutorial on how to change icons. Check out the Documents and Tutorials section...

I haven't got a foggiest idea why that happens, but I have heard that many hacking tools do not work with Vista. :\

Thanks, but before you answered, I already had PET and Advance Text working again. All I had to do was run Advance Text as an administrator.

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
how do you make an event to only occur once
script:

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x200
message $lost
$lost 1 =Iam lost agin!
checkflag 0x200
boxset 6

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
how do you make an event to only occur once
script:

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x200
message $lost
$lost 1 =Iam lost agin!
checkflag 0x200
boxset 6
This should be in the Script Help Thread.
But I can tell you right now that you should switch the "checkflag" and "setflag" commands and you should move the "setflag" to after the "boxset".

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
Years
Ok guys thanks for the help but none of those acctually changes the item name and/or the description just other random things but thanks anaways. But could some body please tell me how to acctually change the item name and/or the description!

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
ok how would you do that then?

I think you rename the items by using A-Text or you could use N-E-A (look in hackmews' toolbox). You can replace the sprites of items using unLZ. You can edit items by hex editing (I don't know how that's done actually) or by using an item editor tool. You can change the description, again using A-text.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Does anyone have a ROM base for GSC? I've looked around for one, but I couldn't find one!
EDIT:
Is there a guide anywhere on how to hack music?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2009
Ok so i like playing hacks on my computer so then i get angry when playing emerald and i want to do record sharing when i cant so i was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to open up visual boy advance twice and then open a pokemon rom in both of them and then do like direct corner activities with those two emulators?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Ok so i like playing hacks on my computer so then i get angry when playing emerald and i want to do record sharing when i cant so i was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to open up visual boy advance twice and then open a pokemon rom in both of them and then do like direct corner activities with those two emulators?
This is not the right place to post this, but nevertheless, Google is always right.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Is there a way to replace trainer sprites with ones you made yourself? If so, which program is the most user-friendly?

If I need unLZ, does anyone know the numbers for the trainers in Fire Red? Thanks.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Is there a way to replace trainer sprites with ones you made yourself? If so, which program is the most user-friendly?

If I need unLZ, does anyone know the numbers for the trainers in Fire Red? Thanks.

yes they start at about 1499 - 1501 the numbers change per dump

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
I feel like an idiot but I can't find the trainer backsprites on unLZ or the walking around and on-bike sprites. Are they fuzzily/strangely colored or something? Is it before or after the pokemon/normal trainer images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back