• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Conserve Deck

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
  • This is my first attempt at making a real deck, but I'm proud of it. I mainly based it upon the two ideas of card draw and dishing out damage with as little energy as possible, with a good bit of healing and cycling that just ended up in there. With the addition of Crystal Guardian's Grumpig and his Circular steps, I discovered that my damage-less little Azurill could become tiny card cycling killing machines.

The first cards I built the deck off of were Great Encounter's Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z. Porygon doesn't hit for much with Sharpen and his HP is average, but with the amazing powers of Calculate, you can pay 1 Ccolorless energy (another thing I love about this deck: the only distinctive type of energy is Psychic) to look at the top 3 cards in your deck and put them back in any order. As far as his evolution goes, his damage and HP aren't much better, at 70 and doing just 10 more than Porygon for the same energy. With his Poke-Power Download, you can discard a supporter to gain its effect an additional time. Porygon-Z is where things begin to get brutal. His Poke-Power allows you to discard a basic energy card to make his type change to match that card for a turn. His HP is a lot better, at 110, but it's actually his attack that goes A&B the C of D. For 2 COLORLESS ENERGY, you get to flip three coins. Each heads scores a whopping 40 damage on the opposition. Nice, no? (PS: These 3 cards can be obtained from the Eternal Time deck.)

My other star is grumpig. Spoink is never anything special, and Grumpig only has 80 HP, but his Circular Steps is awesome. While it costs 2 Psychic and one Colorless to use, it does 10x the amount of total pokemon in play in damage to the opponent. If you and your opponent's benches are full (and with so many basics in this deck, at least yours should be) that's a good bit of damage.

DPBP's Azurill is the real star of this deck. While it has but 40 HP and no damaging attack, it's move Delivery costs NOTHING to use and let's you put ANY card from your discard pile into your hand. DPBP's Unown A is also good and works perfectly with Grumpig. While it's actual battle capacaty sucks, it allows you to - as long as he's on the bench - look at the top 4 cards of you OR your opponent's deck and put them back in any order for the mere cost of NOTHING.

The last necessity of this deck is the grass-type Delta Snorlax. He has no attacks, but his PP let's him sleep and remove 2 damage counters while his PB let's him do damage to the opponent as long as he sleeps, and at 80 HP, he can last awhile.

And so that's it. A pretty good deck with not too-rare cards, little energy use, and an unbreachable defense. I suggest using leftovers on your Pokemon, with a few balls and energy search, full heals (for Snorlax, he can't use his PP if he's affected by a condition) and supporters. (NOTE: Because of Azurill, you made not need 4 of each.) It may also not be a bad idea to have a Memory Berry so Porygon-Z can use Calculate and Grumpig can do a little damage while he gains energy. Substituting in a Zangoose or Togepi with Call For Family may not be bad either. And if you want, you could have multiple energy types for Porygon-Z.

OH, another thing: Another variant could be using Shuppet's Ascension with Banette instead of Grumpig, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2008
    first of all, GREAT JOB ! you have actually tought a little about your deck !! but you need to write a decklist so that i can se how many pokemon ´/ traniers / energys / you got in the deck. only then, i can help

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • first of all, GREAT JOB ! you have actually tought a little about your deck !! but you need to write a decklist so that i can se how many pokemon ´/ traniers / energys / you got in the deck. only then, i can help

Thanks, Mew! I'm glad you think so.

The reason I didn't incluse a specific number of each card is so I could allow everyone a little more freedom. Plus, while I have each Pokemon I mentioned except for Banette, I don't own any really good trainers or supporters, and I didn't want to load it up with Potions and then have people give me a long list of cards that may be perfect, but that I have never even heard of.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2008
    yeah but if you write them down an we change you will know what to look for :P:P

Back