• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this good WiFi battle team?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Would like to know if this good team for WiFi battles

Reuniclus Magic Guard
    Nature: Quiet
    Item: Expert Belt
    Attacks: Trick Room, Psyshock, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball
    192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
    0 Speed IV

Ferrothorn Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed
    Item: Leftover
    Attacks: Spikes, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball or Thunder Wave and Power Whip
    EV: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

Conkeldurr Gut
    Nature: Brave
    Item: Flame Orb
    Attacks: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Payback and Facade
    224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD

Infernape Iron Fist
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Life Orb
    Attacks: Swords Dance, Fire Punch, Close Combat and Mach Punch
    EV: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Landorus Sand Force
    Nature: Naive
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Attacks: Earthquake, Stone Edge, U-turn and Hidden Power Ice
    EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Metagross Iron Ball
    Adamant
    252 HP 68 Atk 188 SpD
    Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Trick

Garchomp and Blaziken using when both are not banned from use:

Garchomp Dream World Ability (Got it willing to trade egg hatched, shiny RNG'ed)
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Attacks: Dragon Claw , Outrage, Earthquake and Stone Edge
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Blaziken Dream World Ability
    Nature: Adamant
    Attacks: Swords Dance, Hi Jump Kick, Protect and Flare Blitz
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
    Check the team let me know what you guys think. Anything missing or weakness to lookout?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Gallade is too fast to use Trick Room. Reuniclus can set it up more easily due to having lower Speed; it also hits as hard as Gallade can (just on the Special end):
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 192 HP/64 Def/252 SAtk
    Ability: Magic Guard

For Conkeldurr's EVs, use this spread: 224 HP/252 Atk/32 SDef.

Since Jolly reduces Garchomp's Special Attack, replace Fire Blast with Stone Edge. DW Garchomp isn't released yet.

DW Torchic hasn't been released in the US yet. Did you trade a Japanese version over?

For your last slot, use Haxorus. Gigalith has common weaknesses, Excadrill is better suited for Sandstorm teams and Gothitelle is just plain bad in standard play:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break/Taunt/Dual Chop/Dragon Claw
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb
    Ability: Mold Breaker

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • You need to have all Physical attacks on 'Chomp. Fire Blast is a nice move, just not on 'Chomp's base 80 Sp. attack stat. If you're opting for the Swords Dance set, use this. I'd also recommend Sand Veil over Rough Skin, as the extra evasion is more worthwhile than extra damage with Rough Skin.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw (More reliable than Outrage, unless power is a concern)
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang (Physical option over Fire Blast)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    PlatinumDude:

Gallade: I know what your saying but to reduce speed I gived it 0 IV in spd and didn't ev train... Didn't find Magic Guard as his ability on the serebii or smogon?

Garchomp: Traded it may have been hacked Pokemon to breed egg because its egg hatched. Will consider making those changes m8... Might hold it back since it would be considered hacked

DW Torchic: Same as above its also egg hatched... Traded Pokemons to breed it meaning its english and RNG shiny...

Haxorus it is then thanks for the help m8...

PikachuGuy
    Will take your advice on new Garchomp, but staying with outrage dose really well for me.

Last edited:

Jat

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    Make ur last pkmn haxorus, it will crush pretty much all of its weaknesses with the right moves. (haxorus also has 'hax' in it's name...)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • When you're battling on Wifi, your opponent will most likely be EV training all of their Pokemon and making their team the best it can be. That means you should do the same, too, and your Pokemon should all be EV trained. I'm assuming, since you didn't list the EVs, that your Gallade and Conkeldurr aren't EV trained, when they really should be.
    For Conk, just use PlatinumDude's EVs and for Gallade just go with 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe if you want to remove TR.

Since you have Speed Boost Blaziken, which is a good Pokemon but not on a Trick Room team, you could remove Gallade's move Trick Room and replace it with something else. Although some of your Pokemon are slow, they can still be on a non TR team.

You have a flying weakness so which ever Pokemon you choose should cover that. Gothitelle can be fun to play with, as it can trap Flying types and just Thunderbolt them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I have made few changes to the team replaced Gallade with Reuniclus. For last member I took Braviary as my flying Pokemon. Did notice flying weakness Lapras* nice job pointing that one m8.

Will post my new Team Soon. And Yes I do EV train all my Pokemons. Dose help make team battle better.

Haxorus will go into my different team. Don't wann make Ice weakness too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I have updated my first post with my team current.

@Cam Meekins I took Braviary as its awesome with Choice Scarf. What you think of my Team now?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Really great team. I'd use Gothitelle as the last since it's big n' bulky.

And sucks all kinda of ass and is outclassed by Reuniclus which he/she already has.

Garchomp and Blaziken are banned in standard play same with Excadrill so uh why the heck are we suggesting things like this ? =/ Landorus and Infernape can replace those in their respective roles quite easily.

Rest Talking is a horrible strategy these days. Rest mechanics being nerfed makes it unreliable, easy to set up on and frankly an archaic strategy. Regardless id drop Spiritomb since its dead weight and all it does is give things like justified Terrakion a free boost. Plus Conk already takes status so its uneeded, same with Briavery when you already have a scarfer.

Id look into replacing Braivery and Spiritimb for a solid defensive pairing that helps with weather. Heatran might be a good start and it also gets Stealth Rock which you lack and it also checks sun teams decently. Then get something that helps with rain teams and can take high powered water moves, something like Lati@s, Ferrothorn or something with Water Absorb or a really bulky water type.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have updated my first post with my team current.

@Cam Meekins I took Braviary as its awesome with Choice Scarf. What you think of my Team now?

Reuniclus should use a Quiet nature, since it has little use for its physical Attack.

You can also consider Defiant over Keen Eye over Braviary now that the former has been released in B2/W2; the latter ability is completely useless outside of the occasional Muddy Water.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    @Dark Azelf Based on what you said I could replace Braivery and Spiritimb. I seem to like the choice of Latios and Ferrothorn. Will see what I can come up with and will teach Ferrothorn Stealth Rock as it can learn it.

Conkeldurr with orb makes the process a lot quicker.

Overall good advice.

@PlatinumDude It is Quiet thats a error.

I have updated the list as Dark Azelf did make some good suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • On Latios, Thunder should only see use on Rain teams because of its Focus Blast level accuracy outside of rain or on Galvantula because of CompoundEyes raising its accuracy to acceptable levels. Hidden Power Fire should replace it (assuming that its HP type is Fire) because it's currently walled by Ferrothorn.

In B2/W2, supporting options should be left to Latias because of her better bulk. Latios should stick to all-out attacking:
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Recover/Psyshock
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Soul Dew

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Recover/Psyshock
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Soul Dew

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    @PlatinumDude Not something anyone talked about, but would DW Gliscor with Tailwind do well in this Team? As Trick Room is already in there for slow Pokemon. But with Tailwind I could give Garchomp and Blaziken same boost.

In other word:
    Ferrothorn sets up all the traps.
    Reuniclus and Conkeldurr work together using Trick Room
    Then what's left is down to Gliscor, Garchomp and Blaziken to finish as a team with Tailwind.

Then replace Gliscor to Latios with Soul Dew and Tailwind when B&W2 comes out. Might work out well this way.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • @PlatinumDude Not something anyone talked about, but would DW Gliscor with Tailwind do well in this Team? As Trick Room is already in there for slow Pokemon. But with Tailwind I could give Garchomp and Blaziken same boost.

In other word:
    Ferrothorn sets up all the traps.
    Reuniclus and Conkeldurr work together using Trick Room
    Then what's left is down to Gliscor, Garchomp and Blaziken to finish as a team with Tailwind.

Then replace Gliscor to Latios with Soul Dew and Tailwind when B&W2 comes out. Might work out well this way.

Garchomp and Blaziken don't need Tailwind to function since the former is holding a Choice Scarf and the latter is already boosting its Speed with Speed Boost.

If you want to use Gliscor, use these sets:
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang/Facade
    -Taunt/Protect/Roost
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal

or
    -Toxic
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade
    -Protect/Roost

or
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Protect
    -Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I could go with this set as first turn Toxic Orb will do its job as I can boost with Swords Dance.

Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang: will cover Dragon types
    Protect: support for low HP

With this it seem my Team is ready. Thx to everyone that helped.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Garchomp and Blaziken are still banned, people will refuse to play against you as they are uber.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Dark Azelf I took the two Pokemon you recommended before Landorus and Infernape for situations like those. Where Garchomp and Blaziken are banned from use, how that sound?

Now I seem better ready.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please bear in mind I consider Garchomp and Blaziken banned for this rate. I would also imagine Soul Dew and Lati@s banned, same as when Latias was allowed in DPP OU.

A well played Gengar could potentially wreck this team, especially if it is using a Life Orb, since it cleanly 2HKO's Gliscor, Conkeldurr with Shadow ball and OHKO's Ferrothorn with Focus Blast (without taking into account SpD drops), while dishing out massive damage to your sweepers. Landorus CAN KO with Stone Edge but I personally don't like relying on an 80% chance to deal with a threat - not to mention they can always switch out. Disable versions can deal with Landorus' Stone Edge if on a sub and Conkeldurr's Payback (though admittedly, you can Mach Punch and mess with the Disable).

To remedy this, I would like to suggest putting a defensive Metagross in place of Gliscor. You already have a Landorus so overlapping the types would add unneccessary weaknesses and Metagross is fairly bulky physically. Metagross also has access to Stealth Rock, which will make sweeping easier for Infernape and co.

Metagross@Leftovers/Occa Berry/Iron Ball
    Adamant
    252 HP 68 Atk 188 SpD
    Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch/Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Hammer Arm/Trick

With the EV's Gengar will never 2HKO with Life Orb and 3HKO with Leftovers while Metagross cleanly 2HKO's with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash. Metagross can also deal with Terrakion with STAB Bullet Punch and can pick off weakened foes whereas before you would have to rack up damage from Infernape or Conkeldurr to pick pokemon off, or be choice locked with Landorus.

You can use the good old Lefties for a bit of healing, Occa Berry and Hammer Arm to nail Heatran either on the switch or as a lure, or even Iron Ball and Trick to get Levitating Pokemon. Since the most common switch in to Metagross are Skarmory and Rotom-A, you can Trick them a Iron Ball and make them susceptible to Earthquake, making them easy pickings for Landorus. The Trick strategy could also be used for Gengar, who may attempt to Disable Bullet Punch, only to lose it's precious Leftovers.

A final note, since you're using Trick Room Reuniclus, make Conkeldurr Brave and have 0 Speed IV's. This ensures you go first while TR is up and guarantees Payback will hit last when it isn't. You have priority in Mach Punch so there is no need to fear premature sweep ends.

I hope my rate has been of some help to you. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah Soul Dew is banned on Lati@s, i have no idea why people are suggesting banned mons and items. =\

Take Plat dudes set though for Latios, Tail Wind is a gimmick wont work with Trick Room and also Protect and Psychic are essentially useless and outclassed moves on Latios.

Back