• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Kanto vs. Hoenn Poll # 4 - Sky Dragon vs. Genetic Fighting Machine!

Which one?!

• Rayquaza

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Sorry for the tardiness, but here's poll # 4! In this poll, it's going to focus on the Lv 70. Legendary pokemon: Rayquaza from Hoenn's Sky Pillar, and Mewtwo from Kanto's Cerulean Cave.

These are both pokemon that you can only catch in the post game of the games they're in, in which they both come at you as Level 70 pokemon. So, you better have your pokemon be prepared for them, for you'll be in for a rough fight to try and capture, or even defeat them for experience!

Rayquaza

Spr_3r_384.png
Spr_3r_384_s.png

Rayquaza is a Dragon & Flying type pokemon that you can try to capture during the post game of Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. It has the ability Air Lock, which is an ability that complete negates the weather effects on the field (ie. pokemon with Swift Swim won't get the speed boost when it's raining). It's pretty good to take advantage of Rayquaza's speed and raw attack in battle since it can learn the moves Dragon Dance and Outrage, and maybe you can have it use Rest for it's own support in case it gets a status effect.

You get to meet it on top of the Sky Pillar in Route 131, but you'll need to have a Mach bike to try and cruise through the cracked holes, so, it's sort of like a puzzle and a test of your reflexes to try and get there. In ancient times, Rayquaza was a pokemon who stopped the feud between Groudon and Kyogre, which became apparent in Emerald where the protagonist seeked Rayqauaza to stop the rampaging Kyogre and Groudon from their rage.

Mewtwo

Spr_3r_150.png
Spr_3r_150_s.png

Mewtwo is a pure Psychic type pokemon that you can try to capture during the post game of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, after visiting the Sevii Islands. Like Rayquaza it's Level 70, which (I believe) comes with the moves Psychic, Swift, Recover, and Barrier, so, if you don't have a Master Ball, case in point, bring your toughest pokemon, for you can be in for a pretty long and dreadful fight if you and your pokemon aren't prepared/strong enough. It also has pretty monstrous Special Attack and respectable speed, which again, it's a good idea to take advantage of that, maybe as a Calm Mind user with Recover, or just a straight-attacker pokemon, since it can learn a variety of moves like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

It's actually a pokemon that was man-made by people who wanted to create the strongest pokemon, n which they did this by using DNA from Mew. Then it sorta ran rampant and escaped into the world, leaving the mansion it was created in destroyed. It's in Cerulean City's Cave which is kinda past the Nugget Bridge, and you'd have to Surf to get there from the left.

On to the discussion/voting:
  • Do you prefer Rayquaza or Mewtwo?
  • Which pokemon did you have a harder time trying to catch?
  • Which pokemon design from these two pokemon do you prefer?
  • Any other thoughts? Share em' here!

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
First up I'm going to say I like mew two more
Though raquaza is pretty powerful...
For me i captured raquaza pretty early in emerald
If Im not mistaken you can get it before the E4?
I cant remember lol maybe it was after but its pretty easy to find...
It took me much longer to figure out how to get into cerulian cave
This was back when i was about ten...
I had no idea how to freaking get into the cave... Eventually i figured it out
After the whole islands link celio thingy...
I dont know how but the first time i fought mewtwo i caught it in a regular pokeball
Lol it took freaking forever lol i had use my master ball on suicone
And the first time i caught raquaza was in a timer ball...
But it seemed much easier to catch raquaza
Lol
I liked mewtwo more cause i had watched mewtwo returns movie when i was a kid lol

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Mewto because it isn't a powerhouse when using those movepool furthermore making catching quite gruesome unless you want to use masterball or invest on ultra balls to catch it. But if I wanna catch it, I better use Ultra Ball than masterball for Legendary Dogs (depends on starter) since these doggies tend to flee

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Ray-quay-quay-quay is where it's at. ;D
I love its design (it's a sky dragon, what's not to love?) and green is my favourite colour. Plus, Emerald was my first Pokemon handheld game. Ray-ray was a challenge to catch as well as Sky Pillar being difficult to navigate.

I don't like Mewtwo's design at all. :( But I remember having difficulties catching it.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I aint a fan of either. But lets compare.

I guess Mewtwo is badass and all but he's just not the thing to me. To me, he has a better design than Rayqauza. Well that's one. Another thing is that Mewtwo has two mega evolutions. That is actually pretty cool tbh. Rayquaza has the better mega evolution but mewtwo has two good ones so that beats Rayquaza.

That makes 2-0 for Mewtwo, so I guess he wins.

Back