• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How to make a Pair with someone on Playground?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hi I'm a newbie here. I just visited the Playground Section & saw a Pairing Thread. I want to create a Pair with a member here. Can anyone tell me how to register my Pairing & what are the benifits of Pairing?

Years
  • From the FAQ on pairing:

How do I get paired up?
    The action of pairing is often when two forum members, usually good friends, get together. This can either be in a romantic way (as in, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) or as a platonic way to show friendship. People often write who they're paired with in their signatures. To pair, PM or contact the person whom you would like to pair with and if you mutually agree on it, you can post in this thread to record it.

Basically just a for fun thing for most users. They pair up with close friends of theirs on the forum and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well I did send a message to the person I wanna pair with & he agreed. Of course its platonic for now, I mean I've hardly been here for a few days, but he seems kinda sweet, so lets see :3c.

So what's the next step? I just mention my pairing in the Pairing Thread, right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well I did send a message to the person I wanna pair with & he agreed. Of course its platonic for now, I mean I've hardly been here for a few days, but he seems kinda sweet, so lets see :3c.

So what's the next step? I just mention my pairing in the Pairing Thread, right?
    Yea sure! Copypaste the list and just add the two of your names in the bottom.

A pair doesn't have to be romantic. It can just be a good friend you want to show others that you belong together with. Or like, for some maybe idk, a way to chain a man to you for years so that when all else fails you'll still have the fact that you are paired on a pokémon forum to hold you two together! :D
    /me strokes pair in a completely sane fashion

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yea sure! Copypaste the list and just add the two of your names in the bottom.

A pair doesn't have to be romantic. It can just be a good friend you want to show others that you belong together with. Or like, for some maybe idk, a way to chain a man to you for years so that when all else fails you'll still have the fact that you are paired on a pokémon forum to hold you two together! :D
    /me strokes pair in a completely sane fashion

Thnx adventure. I just added my Pairing on the Thread. Can you check & confirm if its okay please, or do I need to edit something.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thnx adventure. I just added my Pairing on the Thread. Can you check & confirm if its okay please, or do I need to edit something.
    Looks good! Except that people seem to "bold" the change they did, and it seems you kept the bold formatting around me and my pair that he apparently made yesterday (; but that's no biggie haha. I hope you two will be good friends! Or whatever else you choose to be (:

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Looks good! Except that people seem to "bold" the change they did, and it seems you kept the bold formatting around me and my pair that he apparently made yesterday (; but that's no biggie haha. I hope you two will be good friends! Or whatever else you choose to be (:

I just copy pasted the whole of the last post as it is & added my Pair at the end. I think I did Bold it. Lemme check again, if I didn't I'll just Edit my post.

Back