• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hecs here!

Years
  • Hi all! I'm a long time player but this is my first time on a (Poké-themed) forum. I've started hyperfocusing on the games again, so I figured I should join a community so I could chat with people about it.

I'm 26 and I've been playing since I got my copy of Red when I was 10 in 1998. I had to take a break after 2nd gen, though, because I didn't have a GBA or DS - but I've since gotten a DSLite and 3DS, so I'm back in the game! I'm currently playing a Spanish Omega Ruby, poking at a German Y, finishing off end game on Alpha Sapphire and using my X version for breeding and building a living Dex.

Outside of Pokémon, I'm a language nerd and animal lover. I have a cat of my own, Reid, who is just amazing for my anxiety. I'm gonna be the crazy cat lady for a moment and call him my furbaby. I like to write and read, though I wish I had more stamina for reading nowadays - too many years of English classes and ADHD.

Anyway, I love to chat, so just give me a poke!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, hello long time fan of pokemon! I'm a long time fan myself; been playing ever since I was 5 with pokemon Yellow and Blue! Glad that you're back in the pokemon gaming; the new games are certainly a delight to play, and I myself am always excited for the new pokemon games in store for the future, ohoho~

Welcome to the forums! I have a bunny and two cats myself! Well one cat is on my mom's house, but yeah! I usually like to write on occasion, and just for fun too. Do you write stuff like short stories, and fanfiction? We have a Writing and Fanfiction board if you would like to jump right in to discuss and participate in the writing stuff going on there! <33

I'd love to chat with you sometime, and you're more than welcome to give me a poke too! If you have any questions about PC, don't hesitate on asking me too! Or any other staff member that you see. But yes, gave a good time, and have a beautiful day!~

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • Welcome, Hecate! Glad to hear that you're enjoying Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, they truly are great games. <3 My cat also helps with my anxiety. Feel free to shoot me a message if you ever want, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Years
  • Hey Hectate, welcome :)

Saw you hanging around the IRC earlier, and just wanted to stop by, if you remembered seeing me :P

Hope you enjoy it around PC and always remember that if you have questions about anything to not hesitate and ask anyone on staff :3

Years
  • Kitties. 8D You have good taste. I have four cats right now, the girl cat had kittens last month so that brought our total from two to four aah. Looking to give them away though since I don't think I can handle more than two. That aside, welcome to the forum, Hecs! Happy to have you here. <3 What languages do you speak? I'm fluent in English and Russian, know minor French, and would like to pick up Japanese in the near future.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    hi, Hecate! that's such a cool name. welcome to PC!
    it's great that you have such diverse interests! apart from being a Pokémon fan, like most of us, i'm sure PC will be a great place for you to develop other interests as well - for example, with regard to writing, there is of course the aforementioned Fanfiction and Writing board, but there's also the Roleplay Corner (where i'm more active personally (。 >艸<) ) so i hope to see you around!

i'm also a language nut, although i don't speak too many languages myself yet - only Dutch, English, and conversational Japanese, but i really want to take up German, French, and maybe Spanish at some point too. i hope you have a great time at the forums here, and feel free to hit me up if you need anything or just like to chat c:

Years
  • Hey Hecate, here's a hello from a fellow newbie here at PC :)

How nice to see all these language fanatics, and to see that there will be even more, now, with you in the fray. I, too, like learning languages, although I tend to eventually mix them up -- especially when talking IRL. I just want to say I love how you're playing Pokémon in multiple language: it's something I do to. Just one question: do you also mix their names up, or do you know every translation of one? I really have difficulties remembering all their non-English names, although I'm playing Omega Ruby in French now. It really sucks when I've got to find something on the GTS -- hope you haven't encountered this problem!

Also, do I understand correctly that you haven't played any of the Gen IV-games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and/or Soul Silver)? I'm not saying you should, but I can heartily recommend any of them! (Then again, I am a bit of a fanboy.. So my opinion might not be completely objective *cough*notevenclose*cough*)

I hope you'll enjoy PC as much as I have done these last days!

Years
  • Oh. My. God.
    So I've been waiting for notifications, and never got any - and so I went to check on other newbies, and lo and behold, REPLIES. I'm so sorry guys!!

@Robin: Never had a bunny, but I hear they make great pets! Mostly I do RP nowadays, but I used to write fanfiction - some of it is kind of embarrassing now, but there's a chance with 80 fics to my name, you've read one. I was Kurai Himitsu on FF.net. Never wrote for Pokémon though. I might try my hand at it, maybe!

@AquaMarine8: Cats are wonderful, aren't they? Hope to see you around too!!

@Tsutarja: Hmm, I don't remember seeing you, but hi!! I'm lousy with names sometimes, and a tad forgetful. So far PC is pretty cool!

@Archer99: Yay! Language nerds! We should make a club - maybe one to try and get a complete dex in all languages, since if you get a pokémon from another language game, it fills in that language's dex entry. That's a shame! No, yo vivo en Estados Unidos. If you wanna chat with me, feel free! I'd actually love to learn Argentine Spanish!

@Sheep: Why thank you! I wish I could have more kitties, but my boyfriend is rather adamant (he's allergic, so that's fair). I speak English and Swedish, and know some German, Spanish, and Japanese but not enough to really chat - and I know survival Finnish from the 2½ years I lived in Turku, Finland. I'm trying to focus on German and Spanish right now. :3

@Pokemonman151: They got us young!

@なぎ: Hehehe, thank you! I might come asking about how to start with that RP board! It's massively different from my usual RP board, but sounds fun! MOAR LANGUAGE NERDS! Yay! I feel like we're usually such a minority!

@November Lima: Oh dear! I used to mix up my languages more often when I lived in Finland. Since I rarely speak anything but English in my hometown in the US, it doesn't happen much anymore. I can recognize most of their names, unless it's been a while! It helps that the Spanish version doesn't really change the names, like...ever. German is a bit harder, but I just sorta. . .memorize them passively. I haven't hunted anything on GTS on German Y, yet, but now I'm dreading it a bit. XD

I actually have played the Gen 4 games! I'm about to beat the Elite 4 on Platinum. Full list of my games is Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, FireRed, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, White2, X, Y, Omega, Alpha. :3 I made up for lost time. I also have Conquest, both Pinballs, two of the Ranger games. . .and a few others.

I'm certainly enjoying it so far!! Sorry it took so long to reply!

Back