• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Pokedex expansion (EM)

Years
I've successfully expanded the Pokedex in Emerald up to 720, but I've been experiencing some problems. Here's some pictures:

1. So I tested it (giving myself pokemon no. 667 and 720)
Spoiler:

2. Here's what it looks in the Pokedex:
Spoiler:

Looks fine, am I right? (and don't mind my sprite using, I just used Victini and Keldeo for testing purposes).

3. Now, I give myself Treecko:
Spoiler:

It looks fine, too, am I right?

4. Now I give myself Bulbasaur:
Spoiler:

5. But here's the problem:
Spoiler:

It looks good.
But, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, here's what it looks like:
Spoiler:

See? A mysterious Pokemon appeared in the Pokedex. Pokemon #721. Quite unbelievable, really, because I just expanded the Pokedex up to 720. At first, I thought I did something wrong with the Seen and Caught flags. I double-checked, but, I found all the offsets correct. Does anyone know why this occurs?

and I also think that Bulbasaur is the cause of it, but I don't know how.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not exactly the best person for an answer but I'm sure I remember 720 being the pokedex limit. Perhaps expanding it only to 719 might solve the problem?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Have you checked your national dex order table? You mag babe forgotten the endingbyte. I cant think of anything else atm that woul cause it.

Years
I'm not exactly the best person for an answer but I'm sure I remember 720 being the pokedex limit. Perhaps expanding it only to 719 might solve the problem?
744 is the max you can get in Emerald.

Have you checked your national dex order table? You mag babe forgotten the endingbyte. I cant think of anything else atm that woul cause it.
I'm surely positive that I've set the correct data. Anyway, I should research into this more, so I'm gonna double check the tutorial!

Years
How did you fix it?

Change the pointer that points to the Caught flags to 60 D8 03 02, and then change this:

Spoiler:

change the highlighted XX's and YY to 60 also, that should fix it!

Back