• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | IC Thread

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Trumpets:A Hoenn Journey Roleplay​

Natural. This would be the word that could describe Hoenn in its entirety. There are very few large cities in the region as most of the areas are covered up forests, plains, and the Hoenn Desert. Hoenn also has the largest water route that is passable without the use of ships or boats. It has a tropical-like environment, with forests covering up almost sixty-percent of the landmass. There is only one true volcano, Mt. Chimney, which developed in the region. It is also constantly riddled by various weather patterns, such as intense rainstorm, drought, sandstorms, and falling ash from the mountain. It is a really diverse region when it comes to geography.

However, trainers do not flock here to sight-see. The Pokemon League, situated in Evergrande City, offers great challenges to trainers who aim to gather the eight badges the region has to offer and take a shot at the regional League. If an individual is not interested in taking the challenge of the Hoenn circuit but still wants to experience the joys of battling, Hoenn offers the most expansive Battle Frontier out of all the regions. He or she can challenge the seven Frontier Brains who specialize in a unique field, be it rental battle or the natural fighting style of each Pokemon.

As a trainer, you strive to explore the region and see what it has to offer. You decided to challenge the Gym Circuit and collect the badges. You might, one day, strive to champion the Pokemon League. With your Pokemon who you have to meet along the way, you are determined to grow both in strength and in character to call yourself worthy enough of the title, Pokemon Master.

Do you have what it takes?

Littleroot Town
    -a town that can't be shaded by any hue-​

Littleroot Town is a quaint little town, situated nicely in the hidden southwestern corners of the region. It is bordered by Route 101 to the north which opens the way towards Oldale Town. The local professor, Professor Birch, takes up residence in the city, along with her wife and daughter May. Since after the Delta Episode, his family had been the subject of talking, due to the reason that May was one of the heroes of that happening. However, very few public people arrives in Littleroot Town so it is peaceful by large.

As the player, you must:
    1. Arrive at Littleroot Town and enter Professor Birch's Laboratory.
    2. Register for the Gym Circuit by getting your own Pokedex and some Pokeballs.
    3. Proceed to Route 1 after getting the Pokedex.
    4. Optional: Interact with the residents of the town. Brandon is also here.

Route 101
    -this grassy path is perfect for doing fieldwork-​

This route is significantly shorter than most routes the region has to offer. In the distance, several of the taller establishments in Oldale Town could be seen. The route has short grass everywhere where a diverse collection of Pokemon could be found. The amount of species present is surprising for a route so short.

Available Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Once you think you're good to proceed to Oldale, post in the OOC-thread and I'll open it up.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noah Victons

656.gif

A New Beginning

"C'mon, Indigo" said the boy dressed in black. "We need to get to the Lab. The sooner we can do something here, the better."

He leaped off the Pidgeot that had been lent to him by a new taxi service back in Hearthome City. It gave out a cry of thanks as Noah put the service's payment into it's beak. Indigo blew it a bubble, possibly to say goodbye.

Noah looked around. "So this is Littleroot, huh?" he questioned. "Nothing like what I'm used to back in Hearthome, this is really small." He continued to scan the area, which contained a minimal two houses and the Pokémon Lab, where he was headed. And trees. Lots of trees. No other people seemed to be there, but he noticed the occasional Tailow gliding overhead or a Zigzagoon darting through the woods. He began to lean on one of the trees.

About twenty minutes passed as he looked around, taking in the new scenery. This was it, his new life began now. His experiences in Sinnoh were behind him. Thoughts like these passed through his mind as he advanced to the laboratory of Professor Birch.

Noah knocked on the door, but it seemed to be unlocked. In the back of the building, the Pokémon Professor seemed to be scribbling notes onto a paper that sat on a desk stacked with plenty more notes. He almost didn't notice Noah enter.

"Oh, hello there!" he said, shoving the paper on top of one of the many piles. "You are Noah, correct?"

Noah nodded.

"Yes, I believe I have a Pokédex for you... somewhere..." The Professor searched through all his papers, making quite a mess. Finally, he opened a drawer and pulled out the coveted device. "So with this, you are officially registered for the Gym Circuit and anything else that you please. May I see your Froakie for a second?"

Indigo, who was currently "reading" a book about Froakies and their evolutions, (he was trying to, Pokémon cant actually read) obediently hopped over to Professor Birch. He blew a couple bubbles for him as the Professor set up the Pokédex. Soon after, he scanned the Froakie with the device."Froakie, Bubble Frog Pokémon." read the Pokédex's voice. "Water type. It..." As the description continued, the Professor put the Pokédex in the hands of Noah.

"It works great." he said. "It's all yours now, you can take on the Gym Circuit or anything else that suits you. Noah accepted the device, with a huge smile on his face.

"Let's go, Indigo." Noah said to the Froakie, who was still posing for Professor Birch even though he was done. "Now we can begin our journey."

Noah and Indigo left the lab. It was time to forget his terrible past in Sinnoh. This was a new beginning.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [Route 1 - Littleroot Town]

Mako Vernon
    650.png

Mako clutched the straps of his brown backpack, walking along the grassy path that led to Littleroot Town. Living on a farm out in the rural areas of town, this setting was familiar to him. Quiet, trees, grass, and away from the business of the city. He didn't mind though. In fact, he liked living in solitude, and the peaceful nature of living out there gave him a sense of comfort. Okay, I think I'm almost there. He thought to himself, as the path started to go downhill. In the distance he could make out a small town, which was his destination for the start of his Pokémon journey. Even though he had his Pokémon Chespin, he technically wasn't allowed to enter the Hoenn league without an official Pokédex. Now, Mako himself wasn't too big on battling, but everyone had to start somewhere, so he figured it was now or never. He wasn't sure exactly how the Hoenn League would work, as well as how Gyms in general work, but he was more of a 'figure it out along the way' kind of guy.

Jumping down a few grassy ledges and bumps in the hill, the ground started to eventually level out. He began to approach the town, passing by a few houses that were located past the edge of town. Nice, rustic place. I kind of like it here. He looked around as he walked, still holding on to the bag on his back. The grass was a lush green, and several houses had wonderful blooming gardens that created a scent in the air. He stopped in the middle of the path, as he glanced around.

"You lost?" A woman spoke from nearby. Mako turned his head and saw a young woman watering a garden in front of her house and just smiled at him.

"Uhhh...yeah, actually. I'm looking for Professor Birch's lab." Mako replied. The woman smiled, and pointed to the left where the path forked, and went around a house.

"It's just past there. It's a big place, you shouldn't miss it." She smiled once more. Mako nodded and returned the smile, continuing his way to the professor's lab. Going down the path, it curved around and went down another hill, and just beyond that he saw the large building the woman was talking about. He approached the building which had a large sign set up right along side the pathway, which read "Professor Birch's Laboratory". Turning his attention back to the building, he walked up to the glass doors, as they opened up automatically once he was in range. He looked around once inside, and saw several researchers at various desks scattered about, either going through papers, observing Pokémon in glass cage, or just talking to each other.

"And you are...?" A voice suddenly spoke. Mako turned his head and saw a burly man approaching him, with a notebook and pencil in hand.

"Mako?" Mako spoke, looking a bit blankly at the man, who then suddenly lit up with an expression of sudden realization.

"Oh right!" He exclaimed, approaching Mako. "I'm Professor Birch," He chuckled, walking up to Mako and gave him a handshake. "Sorry, things are a bit cluttered here! But let's go get your Pokédex." The professor gestured Mako to follow him past the other desks, towards the back of the building where a bunch of computers and more random books were spread out on desks. However, Mako also noticed some small boxes stacked upon each other. "Here it is." The professor approached the stack of boxes and picked one up, popping off the lid, revealing a small, red device. "Your Pokédex. You do know how to use it, right?" He asked. Mako just looked at the device. He certainly knew how it worked, but actually using one was a different story. "Hold up your Pokemon." Birch said, pointing at Mako's belt. He took the Pokeball from his belt, and handed the Dex over to Birch. With a push of a button, he pointed the Pokedex towards the Pokeball in Mako's hand, and it miraculously started to talk.

Chespin, The Spiky Nut Pokemon. The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock. The Pokédex lit up as it spoke, much to Mako's amusement. "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Birch smiled, giving the Pokédex back to Mako. Putting his Pokedex and Chespin away.

"Ummm...Professor, what do I now?" Mako asked, wanting a bit of clarification on where to head next.

"From here, you need to go back up Route 1, and head to Oldale Town. I'm assuming you want to get badges, which means your first gym battle is all the way up in Rustboro City." The professor just looked at Mako, who nodded in agreement.

"Alright, that sounds good. I better head out then if I want to get to Oldale before it gets dark." Mako nodded and shook the Professor's hand, heading his way out of the Lab, and back to the outside of Littleroot Town.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noah Victons

656.gif

The Hunt

"So..." said Noah, who was sitting down under the shade of a tree as Indigo tried to climbit. He knew Indigo wasn't really listening, but he felt like talking anyway. "We made a huge mistake. Where do we go from here? I don't know Hoenn."

Indigo tilted his head, confused.

"Maybe we should ask around." Noah continued. "Go find someone, send up a bubble or something when you do." And with that, Indigo bounded away.

Around ten minutes later, Indigo sent two bubbles floating into the sky. Noah rushed over, only to find that he was just playing with a Lopunny behind one of the houses. Indigo was making bubbles, and the Lopunny popped them. What Noah had seen as a signal was just two stray bubbles that made their way upwards.

Noah covered his face. "This is why I do things myself..." he moaned.

Indigo didn't seem to care. He sent another bubble. This one went at quite a high speed and flew past the Lopunny's left ear, into the woods. She trotted along after it, until nobody could see her.

"No!" cried an elderly man as he ran towards Indigo. "Lola always gets lost in those woods. But this hasn't happened in years, it would be impossible to go after her at this age. I would trip, unable to get up..."

His voice wavered as his eyes traveled from Indigo to Noah. "You!" he cried. "Would you do me a favor and find Lola? She's probably out on Route 1 by now."

Noah shrugged. "I don't know where Route 1 is, sir."

"New here, I guess? It's up north, should be easy to find."

As much as Noah wanted to move on, he wasn't really a mean person. "Sure, I guess." he said.

"Great, just make sure you know this; She may attack. If you have to, make her faint. It's the best way to bring her back here, when you think about it."

And with that, Noah set off to Route 1.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Seth Anton

7.gif

Chapter 1
    It was a bright day. The sun shone brightly off in the distance, as Seth Anton sucked on his dip situated in his lower lip. A slight breeze blows Seth's blue track jacket ever so slightly, as he continues to walk down the beaten path to Littleroot Town to begin his Pokemon adventure. He takes a deep breath, finally seeing a line of trees covering the town.

"Finally, I'm here." He says out loud to himself, and spits a bit of tobacco on the ground. Walking from the trees into the outskirts of the town, he noticed something. Everything seemed… Old and familiar. A little smaller than his hometown of Pewter City, it was a long travel from Kanto to get here.

Readjusting his backpack that rests on his back, he walks toward a small cluster of houses. "I must be in the right place." He thinks to himself, as he continues on. Keeping his eyes keen for the laboratory of Professor Birch, Seth finds himself confused.

No lab in his sight. He walks up to a house, where a middle aged lady is gardening. Before he can speak, he is greeted with a smile. "You must be one of the new trainers looking for the Professor's laboratory." She says with more joy than Seth had anticipated.

"Yes, that's exactly why I'm here." Seth smiles back, turning his head to the left and spitting a bit more tobacco. "I'm obviously not in the right spot, would you be able to point me in the right direction?"

"Sure!" She smiles, and points behind Seth.

"Thank you very much, appreciate it." Seth chuckles, before spinning on his heels. The laboratory is a football field away, as he begins to walk towards it. "Jeez, I must be losing it already." He chuckles to himself.

Within a minute, he finds himself at the door of Professor Birch's laboratory. He grabs his dip from his lip and tosses it. Seth then pushes open the door to reveal an extremely fluorescent building. The light reflects off of the spotless white tiles on the floor, illuminating the rest of the lab. In the back, a man in a labcoat is staring directly in Seth's direction. With a hurry in his step, Seth moves to the back of the laboratory.

"You must be Seth." The man smiles.

"And you must be Professor Birch…?" Seth says with a bit of uncertainly, only to be met with a nod by the Professor.

"Indeed I am. I have a lot more people coming to start on their Pokemon journey, so we must be quick." The Professor speaks calmly, but surely.

"Just the way I like it." Seth says with a bit of a chuckle. The Professor shakes his head a little bit.

"Did you come with a Pokemon already? Or would you like one to start your adventure with?" The Professor asks.

"No Pokemon." Seth says, rubbing his chin. "Should I have one already?"

The Professor flashes a bright grin once more. "It doesn't really matter, Seth. I have many Pokemon here, which one would you like to choose?" The Professor motions to a board behind him, showing many Pokemon that Seth hadn't seen before, as well as a couple Pokemon he recognized.. Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

"Surprise me." Seth says with a grin. The Professor cocks his eyebrows, before reaching in a bin behind him, and grabbing a Pokeball, tossing it in Seth's direction.

"Very well." The Professor says, before grabbing a Pokedex off of the table and handing it to Seth. "This is a Pokedex, so you are now officially registered for the Gym circuit." The Professor says as he extends the Pokedex towards Seth. He gently grabs the Pokedex from the hand of the Professor and opens slips it in his pocket of his track jacket.

"Where do I go now, Professor?" Seth asks curiously.

"Route 1, and head towards Oldale Town. This is where your journey begins Seth. I'll be monitoring your Pokemon caught, and hopefully help to complete my Pokedex as well as yours."

"Anything I can do to help, Professor." Seth says with a smile. "I'll catch you later, take care."

Seth then turns on his heels and exits the laboratory. He grabs the Pokeball that the Professor had given to him, and presses the center button which enlarges it. He presses it again and holds it out in front of him.

A red beam emits, and forms the shape of a Pokemon.

"Squirrr!!!" A Pokemon growls, as the red beam fades away, revealing a Pokemon very familiar to Seth, a Squirtle.

"Destiny is a great thing." Seth chuckles to himself, as he kneels down and rubs his Squirtle on the head. "Let's head towards Route 1, Squirtle. I can see it from here."

He looks into the distance, and to the North he sees a path that seems to extend endlessly. He walks toward it with his new Pokemon companion.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101/Litteroot Town - A gift that requires work... And Nerdy rude kid...​

I walked along the road. Turbo was right next to me... We were tired and wanted to find a place to rest. From Lavaridge to Littleroot Town is a long way. I had to take the Rusturf Tunnel, Petalburg Woods and many other places where i struggled to come here, where i can start my adventure.

We reached to Littleroot. This town was even smaller than Lavaridge... It looks a good place to kids, where they can play and grow peacefully.

I decided to look for directions. I reached to a kid that was nearby. He looked like a nerdy kid.

"Hey, can you tell me where Professor Birch's lab is?" I said. The boy looked at me and pointed to an house with a little chimney (wait is that a chimney or what?).

"Over there. Why?" The boy said.

"I need to talk with him. Why you ask?" I said.

The boy looked at me from the head to the toes. Then after looking up and down, he looked at my face with a serious face. After 2 minutes of silence, the boy spoke up with a rude voice. "Why would a boy like you to talk with him? I am sure he will close the door in your face."

"What did you meant with 'a boy like that'?" I said, getting mad.

"Just look at you! I am sure that Professor Birch won't open the door at a loser like you!" He said with a serious face. This kid was smart for sure.

"What?! What about you!? You are a nerd!" I yelled at him.

"Whatever... If i was you, i would follow my hint... See you later loser..." The nerdy kid left.

I sigh. What was the kid's problem? I went to the lab. I knocked the door. It was open. I get in.

Some guys were there, working. There was a guy with a lab coat. He then finally notices me inside, turns around and speaks to me.

"Oh... You might be... The boy with a strange name... Galeos... Am i right?" My eye twitched.

"My name is Gelius! Oops... Sorry..." I said with very shame. "And you are Professor Birch for sure."

"Yes i am. And no need to be sorry. Your name is really strange for sure." Professor said. I got offended for this now. "You came for the pokedex right?" He asked. I nod.

He went to a table and took a pokedex, as well some pokeballs.

"Here is the pokedex and pokeball to catch new pokemon. I would like to ask you something, do you mind?" I shrugged my shoulders as i took he water bottle from my bag. Professor continues as i was drinking water. "I want you to complete the pokedex by registering data from the pokemon you will see. It might give you some hard work but..." I spitted out my water when he said the word work.

"Work?! Oh come on! I left Lavaridge proud to have no more cleaning and etc... And now i have to work more!?" I said disappointed.

"Its not like the duties you do at home! Its a funny job!" Said Professor. He was trying to cheer me. I finally took the first step and talked.

"Alright i accept it." I sighed and saw Brich's face when he was relieved to convince me. It was priceless! He gives me the pokedex and Pokeballs.

"Now you are on the Gym Circuit challange! Good luck!" He said while i was leaving. Now that i had pokeballs and Pokedex, it was better leave Littleroot before the Nerdy kid comes back...

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • VSPok%C3%A9mon_Breeder_F.png

387.gif
    Introducing Seraphine!

I can't believe I'm doing this, Seraphine thought to herself as she skipped along the end or Route 1 with her trusty Turtwig beside her. After many hours of getting lost around her way from Verdanturf Town, she finally emerged to see the faint outlines of Littleroot Town. She sighed in relief, although she can't say much she was excited. She looked above the sky, meeting with the glaring sun, and she thought, by now, Lizzie must be taking my shift over at my grandparent's farm. Xander must be helping her feed the pokemon while she checks for eggs and neatness. Xander and Lizzie, Seraphine's younger brother and sister, were probably moaning at why they had to do all the work by themselves. And they're probably right too, she thought. Why did I listen to my grandmother in the first place? Doesn't she know that the farm needs every hand? She sighed, and Turtwig slightly nudged her. She sighed again, pushing her thoughts away for now.

"It's a great day to be out, isn't it?" She asked her companion with a smile. "The sun's shining bright, the sky is clear, the fresh wind of the outdoors..." She took a moment to slowly take in the air as she walked, but she saw that her Pokemon didn't but her enthusiasm. "Oh come on Buddy! I'm not faking it."

Her Turtwig cried in protest, but he was helpless as she lifted him up, and carried him in her arms. Seraphine figured he was getting tired anyway. She nearly stumbled down as she tripped over a rock, but she caught her balance at the last minute. That was close, she said to herself. Despite that, she skipped along forward, humming herself a song as they came near to the path's end. Turtwig tried to crawl out of her arms, but after a while, he gave up and let himself be carried around. Seraphine did her best to not enjoy herself, but somewhere deep inside of her, she felt relief that she could enjoy the outdoors. She hardly ever had time to herself or with her Pokemon privately, but she wasn't too happy about it. Her mind slightly trailed off as her mind wandered to her siblings, and how she left them all the work to do. Grandpa is hopefully helping those two... They're just kids, they shouldn't be going through this at all. As she sighed again, she realized that she had reached her destination when she saw the houses surrounding the small town.

"We're finally here!" Seraphine cheered loudly.

Her Turtwig cried in glee, and he managed to hop out of her arms, and he cried again, happy to be walking. Her celebration was cut short though when she briefly thought why she was here. She smacked herself in the forehead and groaned.

"I forgot, I don't know where the lab is," she said, a bit deflated.

The reason why Seraphine was found down here in Littleroot Town was because her sick grandmother requested for Seraphine to travel around Hoenn to challenge the gym.

But grandma, Seraphine remembered telling her grandmother lying weak on the cot, I just can't leave everyone like that. There's too many chores to do around here, and grandpa nor Xander nor Lizzie can do everything themselves. Plus, the crops haven't been growing right as of late...

Hush my child, her grandmother whispered to her. You've been to focused all these years on the family that you've given up what you loved the most. Don't fret about it, just go.

Seraphine shook her head, but then her grandmother grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. She couldn't go back to those carefree days; she didn't find it in her heart.

If you can't do it for yourself or for me, her grandmother said weakly. Do it for your pokemon.

Now Seraphine takes in the fresh air, and she looks ahead, and she reminds herself that this isn't for her. After all, these past five years that Turtwig was loyal to her, she hand to return him the favor. She got nervous as she saw many trainers, hanging out with their pokemon, and they held proudly their pokedex. By a small miracle, Seraphine knew how to use one already, thanks to a brief encounter with a passerby Pokemon Trainer. She sighed as she trudged her legs forward, and she saw a lady feeding some Tailows. She looks nice enough, Seraphine thought. She approached the lady, hoping she can get somewhere.

"Excuse me miss. Do you know where the lab is?"

She turns from the birds to Seraphine, her grin worn on.

"Yes I do dear. Just head down the path and make a right," she said with a strained voice.

"Thank you miss," Seraphine responded with a grin. "Pleasure to meet you."

With that, both her and Turtwig followed the lady's directions and they headed all the way to the lab. It wasn't long before Seraphine stood outside the doorsteps of the lab. She gave her Pokemon a quick glance, a panicked and nervous face on there, and she sucked up a deep breath in and out. Then she pushed the door open, and she instantly recognized the man in a white lab coat as Professor Birch; after countless years of watching him on TV. She gathered her courage and walked up to him, and she mustered up her words.

"Hello er- Professor Birch. It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person."

He looked above from his notepad to Seraphine, and he didn't recognize her.

"My name is Seraphine Katri."

He looked down to his notepad, and when he looked up, his face lit in recognition.

"Welcome. I'm sure you're here for this-" He left as quick as that to the back and came with a petite white box. "Inside here is the pokedex you'll need in order to officially be recognised as a trainer, and also a quick start to fill the pokedex."

He handed Seraphine the box, and she opened it, and she grinned as she saw the shiny, new black pokedex inside. As she pulled it out, she also noticed five pokeballs inside, ready to be used.

"Do you know how to use a pokedex?"

Seraphine nodded, and to make her point, she used the pokedex and scanned it on the cheerful Turtwig.

"I wish you the best of luck now trainer. You might want to start going now, it's getting sort of late."

"Will do professor," Seraphine replied giddily.

With that, she deposited everything inside her satchel, and with her Turtwig, they both left the lab, both ready to what lies ahead.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Renato "Ren" Riviera
    Littleroot Town

snivy.gif

"Wait, so, this is Littleroot?"

Standing at the entrance of the town with his hands stuffed into his pockets, Ren regarded the quaint little town with disappointment. There were only a few houses dotting the grassy area, none of which looked like anything to write home about. There wasn't even a Pokémon center or a Mart anywhere in sight, much less the kind of saloons and cafés he'd gotten used to seeing back home in Lumiose. There weren't many Pokémon out and about either, and the few humans he did spot were decidedly uninteresting and not worth his time. In a word, the place was boring.

"Man, they weren't kidding with the 'little' part," Ren mumbled, stretching his neck with one hand as he pushed himself to walk further into town, Smugleaf scuttling on his heel with a matching look of disdain on his little face. For once, he was in complete agreement with his trainer. "There's nothin' out here!"

Well, the lab was there, at least, and it wasn't particularly difficult to spot; it was the largest building around and the only one that didn't look like it'd topple from a slight breeze. How did these people live here? He'd go nuts and start a killing spree or something if he were confined to a shithole like this. Oh well, the people living here were probably old and about to die any day now, anyway. Still, it made him wonder whose bright idea it was to set up a lab here of all places? There was a reason why Sycamore's laboratory was in Lumiose; it was in the smack center of the region in the most populated city around for easy access. This place required hours worth of travel to get to for, uh, what? A few minutes' talk with the professor. Well, it'd be worth it in the end, he figured - at least he could finally get to challenging those gyms and all that. Ren had to admit, he couldn't wait. He also wanted to see if the people around this region recognized him from his model gigs, or if that was just something the people of Kalos knew about. Hm.

Once the duo reached the doors of the laboratory, Ren didn't waste a second pushing the door open and inviting himself inside, with one hand raised in a mock greeting. "Yo, prof. Renato Riviera, I think you've got something for me."

The professor raised his eyes from the papers scattered in front of him on the table, not entirely pleased by the disruptive entrance. He still smiled, though, and got up from his seat to walk up to the youngster and offer him a handshake, which he lazily returned. "Oh, yes, I believe I do. Professor Birch, a pleasure to meet you."

"Yeah, the pleasure's all yours," Ren shrugged, eying the room now. Huh, for a 'laboratory' the place sure had a shortage of anything interesting. No test tubes or mysterious devices used to splice Pokémon or clone them or anything. What did these folks even do here day in and out?

"So, registration and all that jazz? Can we get to it?"

"Ah, why, yes," the professor replied, a bit taken aback, but nevertheless scurried to his desk to pull out papers - which he quickly wrote something on, a red device and a bunch of balls, before heading back and offering the items to Ren.

"Great," the trainer grinned, pocketing the device and attaching the empty Pokéballs to his belt. He didn't really care about the 'dex; not like he'd need it anyway, but he wasn't a registered, official trainer without it. "That all? I'm kinda itching to get to beat things up already."

Not entirely sure if that had been a joke or not - Ren was smiling, after all - Birch just gave a short chuckle in return. "Yes, that would be all. I crossed your name off the list, and with the Pokédex in your possession, you are now registered. From here-"

Disinterested in whatever else the professor had to say, Ren had already turned on his heels and headed out the door, waving his wrist lazily just before the door closed behind him. Once outside, Smugleaf hopped onto his trainer's shoulder, perching there and grinning at the route that loomed on the other side of town. Seeing that, Ren chuckled.

"You're eager too, huh?" He commented with a somewhat sinister, sly tone as he started to walk towards Route 1 with confident steps. And, well, seeing as how he'd just come from there, it wasn't like he had any reason not to know where he was going. That and honestly, the place was so freaking small that he didn't think he could have gotten lost if he'd wanted to. "Good, I'd dump you in a second if you started weighing me down."

Smugleaf gave his trainer a glance that pretty much spelled out 'Same to you'.

And with that, the two headed off to the north and back into Route one, just this time, armed with Pokéballs and an official permit.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Tabitha Rose
    Chapter 1 - 1: Littleroot Town - Less Than Honorable Beginnings

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

So far, everything was going relatively smooth for Tabitha Rose. She had managed to slip out of her aunt and uncle's house rather successfully. That was just one part of the master plan. The rest of her objective to getting out of Littleroot and this God-forsaken region rested on the next part of her plan. That plan, was managing to acquire a Pokédex from Professor Birtch. Now, this was where things were going to get a bit more... tricky, to say the least.

For starters, Tabitha had not actually been registered to acquire one of the handheld devices from the professor. Both her aunt and uncle had been very adamant against her taking the league challenge, feeling that Tabitha had ulterior motives for wanting to embark across a journey across the Hoenn region in the first place. Truth be told, they were not that far off from the truth. Tabitha was not exactly interested in exploring the Hoenn region. She could have cared less about taking the gym challenge and achieving the title of champion. Rather, she was wanting to use the life of a trainer to fund her true goal: returning back home to the Unova region.

"I can't take being stuck in this damn sorry excuse of a Nowhere-ville anymore, Hamton..." Tabitha mused, glancing down at the Tepig that was currently trotting along beside the girl. "I've been away from the others for two years too long as it is. Sure I can still drop 'em a line, but... that ain't good enough, ya know?"

The Tepig snorted in response, earning a soft smile from Tabitha in response. The trainer knelt down to his level and grinned. "Now, Birtch is usually a pretty... forgetful sort of guy. I'm sure that it's probably... totally possible to trick him into to giving me one of those stupid Pokédex things. Besides, I'm sure they got a few extras lying around. So worse comes to worse, I could always come back and swipe one later, yeah?"

Hamton did not look too convinced by Tabitha's plan. However, the Tepig seemed to know that there was going to be little he could do to change the young woman's mind at this point. With the plan now known by the Tepig, Tabitha resumed her trip to Professor Birtch's lab.

To say that the lab was a mess of hustle and bustle would be an understatement. The few aides that Birtch had to help him with his work were all shuffling about, checking notes and papers. Birtch himself seemed to be quite busy as well, constantly doing inventory on how many Pokédexes and Pokéballs he had left to hand out to any budding trainers. Tabitha admittedly, despite what bit of confidence she seemed to have had just a few moments ago, was starting to feel a bit nervous at this point. Hamton snorted, gaining her attention and then motioned towards Professor Birtch with his snount. Tabitha nodded, before slowly making her way towards the man, The red-haired girl gained his attention by quickly clearing her throat.

"Um... Yo, Professor Birtch!" Tabitha called out, sending a wave to the man. "Um... What's up?"

Professor Birtch blinked slowly in surprise. "Tabitha...? I wasn't expecting you here today. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yeah... I'm here to pick up my Pokédex and balls... and register for Hoenn league too," Tabitha answered.

Birtch's look of confusion remained as he took hold of a notepad and began to flip through several pages. "I don't... I don't remember you being on my list..."

"Well, it has been kind of a nutty day, yeah?" Tabitha suggested. "I mean, all these people coming in and out of your lab, you probably just misplaced it or something. I mean... I have a note and all that good stuff."

Tabitha handed the letter to the professor, who in turn read it over quickly. He nodded every so often, glancing up and giving the girl a quick smile. "Well, everything looks to be in order here Tabitha," the professor said. He took a moment, grabbing a Pokédex and five Pokéballs and then handing them to her. "You're now registered for the league. Have a safe trip, and I'll be interested in hearing of your adventures!"

Tabitha was actually stunned that this whole plan of hers had worked. With a somewhat stupid expression on her face, the girl nodded and quickly accepted the common trainer tools from the professor, and made her way out of the lab. She heard a familiar snorting, and glanced down at the Tepig beside her. She could see the question-filled look in his eyes and smiled.

"A forgery. I used to do it a few times back in school when I didn't want my old lady seeing my uh... less that desirable report cards," Tabitha explained. "Anyways, we can't just stand around here all day. Let's get moving, Hamton. The farther we get away from this town and the faster we travel, the better."

Inventory Change: Received Pokédex and five Pokéballs!

Last edited:

UnnecessaryLongName

"Honor is in the heart, not the name."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    Shealynn Mullard
    Mudkip - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A
    Inventory
    Spoiler:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
    "Get up, honey. You're gonna be late." Said a sweet, familiar voice. Shealynn opened her eyes to the real world, but instantly closed them again, blinded by the intense sunlight shining straight through her bedroom window. "Ehh..." she whimpered out. "Just 5 more minutes..." she said, turning on her side away from her mother. She felt her mother's warming touch on her shoulder. "You've said that for the past 30 minutes, Shea. It's not nice to keep the professor waiting." Shealynn's eyes instantly darted open, and sat up in her bed. "Oh my Arceus! That is today, isn't it?!" Shooting straight out of bed, she hastily put on her running shoes, and grabbed her purse which contained her beloved Pokemon inside. As she put her first foot on the stairs, her mother laughed, which paused Shea in her tracks. "What is it?" she asked, looking at her mother who was now walking towards her. "Why, just look at yourself, darling," she said, extending her arms. "You're in your nightgown once again, and I'd rather have the other trains think of you better then someone who wears their pajamas to a major event." Shealynn's mother pecked her on the cheek, then started down the stairs. "Besides, I bought you a new trainer costume. Check your closet." Confused yet excited, Shea sped-walked to her closet and flung open the doors. What she saw mad her squeal with joy.

After she was done changing, Shealynn flew down the stairs and went straight for her mom, who she then went up to and bear-hugged. "Thank you so much mom, I love it! It even matches my purse. Her mother, who patted Shea's back, said, "But of course my dear, I have an eye for that thing. Now go, go on and fullfill your dream." With having said that, she pulled away, brushed red hair out of the way, and kissed the new trainer's forehead. Shea nodded, pulling away, grasping onto her purse. "So... this is goodbye, isn't it?" Her mother replied with a nod, then followed up with; "Not goodbye dear, simply see you soon. Here," she said, handing her a bundle of mail. Shealynn stuffed them in her purse, then asked what they were for. "Well, I want some tabs on your journey, silly!" She said bubbly. They gave each other one final hug, a tear falling from their eyes. "I'll uh... see you later then, mom. I love you." She said, waving at the door. She opened it, and soon after, opened the professor's laboratory. The room was filled with all familiar faces. No new trainers yet. Towards the back of the lab, she spotted Birch. "H-hey, sir?" she whimpered out, which didn't grab his attention. She repeated herself. This got Birch to glance up of his notebook. "Ah, Shealynn! How's Mudkip doing? Eh, actually, I'm sure he's fine - He's in good hands, after all. Alas, you're here for the same reason the other new faces were: officially becoming a trainer. He nudged his head to a table to his left. "There you go, a Pokedex and some Pokeballs." Shealynn stood there for a moment. "Is...is that it?" Birch once again glanced up from his notebook. "Uh.. yeah, don't you wish to get started on your adventure ASAP?" Nodding, Shealynn glanced over towards the Pokeballs and Pokedex, slowly approaching them. She picked up a Pokeball, studying it intensely. She did this for each one before stuffing them in her bag. Trumbling, her hands managed to grab the final item waiting for her: a Pokedex. She knew what it did, and how to properly use it, so she put it in her purse, right next to the Pokeballs. Breath in, breath out. She was about to start her very own adventure! Without even telling her legs to, she was started towards the exit. Whole body shaking, she closed her eyes and breathed in, and exhaled. Then she pushed open the doors, and took her first steps outside as a trainer.​

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101 - V.S. Aipom​

I walk away from Littleroot. Good that i left that place before the nerdy kid... And from far away he says.

"So you were rejected loser? LOSER!" He shouts

"Ignore him Turbo." I said. Then something hits my face, leaving a red hand marking. Then i notice that my hat is missing. I look at the thing. It was an Aipom. He starts to joke on me. "Hey that does not belong to you!" I said while chasing him. "Turbo use Ember!" Turbo shoots his flame and burns Aipom's tail. "Bulls-eye!"

"Tor Tor Torchic..." Turbo says. I knew my pokemon's speaking but this I time faked.

"Exciting huh?" Well I failed because Turbo sighed. Maybe he is not excited? Who cares for mysterious speaking? I have an Aipom to catch. Aipom used Quick Attack on Turbo. Then Turbo goes for a Night Slash and makes Aipom cry due the amount of pain. My hat fell from his head. I manage to catch it. "Now Turbo use Crush Claw!" Turbo charged at Aipom but Aipom evaded. Then Aipom uses Fury Swipes. "Again Turbo!" Turbo charges once more at Aipom, this time hitting him.

I rush to find the pokeballs. Once i found the 6 pokeballs that professor gave me, Aipom tried to snatch them he manage to get one and throw it to far away.

"Turbo use Ember!" Once again Turbo burned Aipom's Tail. "Double Bulls-Eye!" Then i fiddle my hat. "You will be sorry of yourself for messing with Gelius Clayton Clark! Pokeball go!" I throw the pokeball, hitting him. He gets in. "Yeah i got it!" But then the pokeball starts to shake. "I said this too soon"

The pokeball shakes it... If it takes too long i might get asleep...

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noah Victons

656.gif

The Bunneary, the Bush, and the Ball

Noah looked around the surrounding area of Route 1. Just like Littleroot Town, it was packed with trees. But here, the grass grew more wildly. Noah could spot a few large, tall, and thick patches of grass. He knew that wild Pokemon often hid here. The route curved around, with trees and ledges making some of the grass patches unavoidable. Funny enough, when traveling away from Oldale Town, one could simply hop down the ledges and make a simple beeline to Littleroot Town.

Noah grasped the nearest tree. He tried to push himself up as he wrapped his legs around. He brought his arms farther up the tree and propelled himself upwards. Noah grabbed hold of a branch, but it snapped. He topped over to the ground.

Nope, he couldn't climb a tree.

With a scared look on his face as he remembered the events of earlier, he hesitantly asked Indigo to scale the tree in hopes of spotting the Bunneary. Indigo joyfully nodded and hopped up the tree, one branch at a time. He didn't seem to really be looking, however, he thought of the situation as a little game.

As soon as Indigo started imitating a Tailow, Noah just decided to look by himself. The search didn't last long. At the end of the route, close to Oldale's edge, two brown, fuzzy ears poked out of the grass. Noah looked up as Indigo and gave him a gesture that the Froakie took as "get over here" So he came down the tree like it was a slide, sprung straight over one of the ledges that no Trainer has been able to scale, (that Noah knew of, there was probably someone out there) and bounded along to Noah. Having recognized the Froakie, Lola jumped out of the grass to play with her friend.

"Look, I know you don't want to, but use Water Pulse!" said Noah. Indigo paused, then fired out a pulse of water that knocked Lola, Noah, and a group of Zigzafoon off their feet.

Lola seemed to be stuck, unable to stand. She struggled, but really got herself into a bad spot.. Noah took the time to try to fix his hair, which was now dirty and stick out in every place imaginable. He then leapt to his feet, and commanded Indigo to use Pound. He tackled the poor Bunneary, who now seemed to be unconscious, and then bounced off, landing in a bush - or not.

The bush dissapeared, and a grey fox-like Pokemon took his place. Noah knew this Pokemon as a Zoura from the terrible three months he spent out in the wild. He hated to think back on these months.

Noah wanted to catch his first Pokemon. And he always liked Zoura. Once they got used to him out in that forest, they had helped him on several occasions. He rustled through his bag, hoping he had Poke Balls in his inventory. Of course, he had quite a few. They were the only items he had in his bag, other than the Pokedex and some pocket cash. He scooped up a Poke Ball and prepared to throw.

"Use Lick!" Noah called, and Indigo hopped up to the Zoura, licking it.

The Zoura was too startled to move. It was paralyzed.

"Great!" yelled Noah. He tossed the Poke Ball at the fox Pokemon, and it got sucked inside the capsule.

Now it was out of his hands. Would the Pokemon be caught?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • For Gelius

The Pokeball shook once and the Aipom appeared in a flash of light again, apparently confused of what just happened. However, the Ember left a scorched mark on the Aipom's tail and the Pokemon is clearly crying in pain. It would be down and out in a few more hits, especially with that burn.

For Veevee

The Pokeball didn't even shake! Zorua managed to evade the capture. One ineffective attack is not enough to weaken the Pokemon! Despite being paralyzed, Zorua has a look in its eyes that says it's ready for any attack the Froakie can send.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noah Victons

656.gif

The Boring Post of Throwing Stuff

Noah looked down at the broken Poke Ball, then to the Zoura, who seemed like he wanted to be attacked, and then Indigo, who didn't seem to care one bit about the current situation.

"Indigo, use Water Pulse!" he yelled, a little angrily.

Indigo was sitting down with another Bunneary. This one was having a picnic of sorts with Indigo, sharing berries with him. It took about a minute for the Froakie to register the command. He hopped up, let out a circular pulse of water, and cried as Zoura ran up to him, planting a Scratch attack right in the face. All of the Bunneary's berries were pushed away be the water. She skipped down to the woods after them.

Both Pokemon were hurt. Indigo was hurt more than Zoura, he hadn't been in many battles. The Zoura was used to taking hits.

Noah could tell this in the Pokemon's expression and posture. It was ready for more.

"Now use Pound!" Noah called. Almost instantly, (for once) Froakie ran up to the Zoura and tackled it. He stayed on the Zoura, pinning it to the ground. Before he got up, Noah called "Use Lick! Now!" To the Zoura's disgust, Indigo gave it a big lick.

Indigo hopped off the Zoura, who now seemed to be in the same state as Indigo, if not worse. Now was the time. Noah picked up the broken Poke Ball and examined it. Nope, it wouldn't work. So he picked up another one, chucking it at the Zoura.

Would the second time around be more lucky?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101 - V.S. Aipom​

I was getting sick of this battle. Aipom jumps to a tree, and appears in front of me, using his tail to hit my face again. Then he vanishes before i can get him, appears behind me and hits the back of my head. "Enough! Turbo use Flame Burst!" Turbo shoots more flames, hitting Aipom's tail again and hit head.

The Aipom charged with Foul Play and hits Turbo. Then he uses Slam, hitting Turbo.

"Turbo use Night Slash!" Turbo used his claws to strike on the Aipom. Aipom gives a big cry. "Now Ember!" Turbo uses Ember on Aipom's face. The poor Aipom cries but then, he strikes again with Foul Play, throwing Turbo to a tree.

"Turbo its now or never! Crush Claw!" Turbo uses his claws again to slash on Aipom, throwing the Aipom back. I could see that the pokemon was tired enough. I hope he does not break free this time but to be sure...

"Turbo go for an Ember!" Turbo used Ember to burn Aipom's tail again. "Now go pokeball!" I threw my pokeball. Aipom got in. Now the moment of truth...

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Then there's these two...

Alice
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Chompy! No! Alice cried as she tried to detach the Totodile from professor birch's arm Damn it you aids! Quit standing around and HELP ME! Birch screamed as he flailed about wildly trying to escape the jaws of the semi-tame Pokémon. Suddenly Chompy released the professors arm and was sent flying into the aids, who were still staring at the professor in confusion. I'm so sorry professor! Alice cried out while eying the professors arm. It'll heal...after all its only a flesh wound. The pompous professor laughed while gripping his blood stained arm. CHOMPY! Alice roared causing the Pokémon to waddle over in fear. Apologize to the professor. Alice scolded, waffling her finger as she spoke. The crocodile Pokémon lowered its head and stared at the ground while mumbling it's apology. "Toto Toto."
    Anyway, I'm professor Birch. I study Pokémon in their natural habitat, generally by going out and doing fieldwork. This device behind me is called a Pokédex. It records data on the various Pokémon travelling trainers collect and we regional professors use this information to enlighten our curiosities. Birch explained, handing the device to the young trainer. Thank you professor.Alice did a little Courtney before taking the device. Oh... and I figured you could use these... The professor replied handing the girl a map and five Pokéballs. Oh and if you want the first gym is in Rustburo... a few hours walk from town. Birch smiled before turning to his desk.

Route 101

Are you freaking kidding me Chompy?!! Alice groaned as she wrestled the Totodile to the ground. Spit it out! I mean it! Spit the Wurmple out! Alice shrieked attempting to pry the Pokémoms jaws open. With a giggle the Totodile opened its mouth and spat the Pokémon at Alice. Aiiiiie! No No no! Get it off! Alice screamed as she clawed frantically her hair. Chompy was in the middle of a fit of giggles when the Wurmple went sailing through the air past him. YOU! Alice fumed ripping the Pokémon up by its tail. If you EVER spit a bug in my hair again, I will weld your Pokéball shut, and toss it in the river. Alice raged. "Toto..." An upside down Chompy apologized. Alice sighed and flipped the Pokémon upright and gave him a hug. I love you little guy. Now how about an adventure? Alice asked, staring at the path ahead of them.​

Last edited:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Seth Anton
    7.gif

Chapter 2- A First Capture?
    Seth and his Squirtle began the walk away from Littleroot Town to Route 1. Squirtle is leading the way by a little bit, waddling towards the short grass that lay ahead of them.

"Hold up for a second there, Squirtle." Seth says, reaching into his pocket. He pulls out his Pokedex flips it open. He points it at Squirtle, who looks confused. Seth presses a button in the middle of the Pokedex, before a mechanical voice begins to speak.

7.gif

"Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokemon! Squirtle's shell is not merely used for preotection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokemon to swim at high speeds. It currently knows Tackle, Water Gun, Withdraw, Bite, Bubble and Protect!"

Seth smiles for a brief second. "Huh, neat." He smirks to himself. "Alright Squirtle, let's go!" The Squirtle calls out in agreement as Seth and Squirtle begin to venture through the short grass that begins Route 1.

Within a few minutes, Seth and his Squirtle found himself out of the view of Littleroot Town. "Well, this is where it all begins." Seth mutters to himself, while looking around. The breeze that had surrounded him earlier has disappeared, leaving a calm day and the sun beating down on Seth and his Squirtle. They continue to venture further into the grass until something catches Squirtle's attention.

"Huh? What is it Squirtle?" Seth questions out loud, before looking in the direction that Squirtle is looking. Through the grass, something is zigging and zagging back and forth causing the grass to rustle. Seth walks up to investigate what is running through the grass. Before he can know it, a cream and brown creature is at his feet, looking up at him.

"What the…" He pulls out his Pokedex once more, pointing it at the creature and pressing the button in the middle.

263.gif

"Zigzagoon, the Tiny Raccoon Pokemon! A Pokemon with abundant curiosity. It shows an interest in everything, so it always zigzags."

The mechanical voice speaks to him. "Well Squirtle, this should be a test for us. Let's try to catch this thing. Use Tackle, now!" Seth says to his Squirtle, who begins to dart through the grass, slamming into the Zigzagoon.

However, this startles the Zigzagoon as it growls at Squirtle and Seth, before starting to zig through the grass. It then zags through the grass, hitting Seth's Squirtle head on with a tackle attack of its own. Squirtle falls to the ground, before making a quick way to his feet. Seth looks in the grass In front of him, seeing the grass rustling with the movements of the wild Pokemon, illuminating the path the Pokemon is taking. It begins to move back towards Squirtle as Seth calls out "Squirtle! Use Withdraw!"

Squirtle goes into its shell as the Zigzagoon goes for another tackle attack, this time simply rebounding off of Squirtle and knocking it off balance. "Alright Squirtle, use Bite now!" Seth calls out, and Squirtle does so, charging at the Zigzagoon and chomping on it for a brief second.

The Zigzagoon recoils and retreats, as Seth analyzes the path the Zigzagoon is taking. Before Seth can direct Squirtle on an action to take, the Zigzagoon flies out of the grass, before crashing into Squirtle with a headbutt!

Squirtle is knocked off balance and is hit with a Sand-Attack by the wild Pokemon. Seth's Squirtle rubs at his eyes for a brief second before Seth calls out, "Squirtle! Use your bubble attack to get the sand out of your eyes!" Squirtle does so, causing the temporary blindness to go away. "Alright, use Water Gun!" Seth calls out, and while the Zigzagoon is charging at Seth's Squirtle, it is met with a Water Gun attack straight to the jaw, knocking it off of its course. "Alright, follow it up with another Bite attack! We have this where we want it!" Seth calls out, and Squirtle obliges, this time chomping on the side of the wild Pokemon.

The Zigzagoon fails to move for a couple of moments, before coming to a rest on the ground. Seth reaches to the backside of his belt to grab a Pokeball, before pressing the button on the center causing it to enlarge. He presses the center button again and tosses it at the motionless Zigzagoon. When the ball makes contact, it flies into the air and a bright red light emits from the ball, sucking in the wild Pokemon.

The red and white ball then falls to a rest on a grassless area, as the ball rocks back and forth.

"C'mon…" Seth says, clutching his fists together. Squirtle stands at alert, ready to fight.

Pokedex: oo2 [ (#oo3) Squirtle | (#253) Zigzagoon ]

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Littleroot Town
    "And this is how it all begins..."
    .​
    hover me!
    501.gif
    MOVES: Ice Beam / Toxic / Tackle / Water Gun / Encore / Tail Whip

Alvin Dhekhilm ;
    Inventory
    Empty

Littleroot Town, a little town, a peaceful town, a town where May and Brendan lives in, a town where Prof. Birch lives in, one of the many important people, Hoenn's Professor and that person needed when you wanted to register to the league, the person that a certain someone should be seeing. Right now.

Littleroot Town; a town where Alvin should have been in 30 minutes ago. In which case, he should stop drawing and stand up from where he is sitting, under the shade of a tree, far from the grassy fields, a perfect quiet spot. Route 101. Valiant the Oshawott, sitting next to him, just sighed.

The otter-pokemon had given up convincing his trainer to move, not when the human of the two kept making excuses. "Just a bit more, I almost got it." "5 more minutes, it's not done yet." "I think I'm almost done- ah, no! I made a mistake!" "I'm getting the inspiration today, my muse tells me to draw."

Valiant just slumped against the side of his human friend who was still busy drawing. They are so close to the town! So close it was right in front of them! Just a few farther away! Alvin didn't move, with the exception of his hands drawing and head occasionally glancing up.

This would take awhile...

After an hour, they finally stepped in the little town and made way to the lab, there were some stares and glances at them though, most especially to a certain artist. I wonder why?

"Professor Birch, my name is Alvin Dhekhilm and I'm here to get my Pokedex." Said the artist.

"Ah, yes, it's right over here." Without looking at the speaker as he took the Pokedex and Pokeballs just by the table, slightly at the back, Professor Birch smiled as he held up the items, "Here we.... are...?" Flabbergasted, he blinked and stared at the younger male, "Oh, what happened to you?"

Indeed, what happened? Splattered across his right face was ink, but not only his face but his white shirt as well, his left hand included, his blazer was black so it really wasn't noticeable. Oshawott clinging to his right shoulder were it was ink-free, shook his little head with a face that says 'Not again'.

With a sheepish look, Alvin explained, "Uhm well, I was drawing, you see, with an fountain pen but then it ran out of ink so I took out my ink bottle and well.. my hand slipped." Thankfully, he closed his eye before the ink could make his eye feel the hell of sting, he tried to wipe the ink away with his hand, although it wasn't a smart move. "I'm fine, I'll clean up later." Alvin didn't want to take up more of Professor Birch's time. The Prof caught on, shaking his head and thinking 'ah, youth' before giving him his items. The young man carefully took the pokeballs with his clean right hand and store them in his bag then took the Pokedex.

"Should I show you how to use your Pokedex?"

He responded an affirmative, showed that that he knew it, scanned his partner and after that thanked the Professor before bidding him farewell.

"Enjoy your journey! Meet lots of Pokemon!"

Maybe he definitely will.

Got Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs!
    Onto Route 101

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Tabitha Rose
    Chapter 1 - 2: Route 101 - The Journey Begins...

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Stepping out onto Route 101 was like a breath of freedom for Tabitha, one that she felt that she had not truly experienced since being shipped from Unova to Hoenn. It was not exactly like she had never been onto this route before. Quite the opposite, actually. She had been several times before since coming to live with her aunt and uncle in Littleroot Town. However, this was the first time that the teenager had actually ventured onto the route without one of her guardians hovering over her. A sense of excitement began to build up inside of Tabitha as she quickly glanced down at the Tepig by her side.

"Are ya ready, Hamton? From here on it's just gonna be me and you while we get out of this boondock region!" Tabitha stated, earning a small squeal of excitement from her Tepig.

The two began to walk briskly from Littleroot Town, taking in the common sights which still felt all new to the girl. As she walked, Tabitha spotted several younger trainers idling by the road. Some were simply having some fun with their Pokémon. Off to the side, she spotted one trainer who appeared to be busy with his Squirtle doing battle against a Zigzagoon. There were even two trainers who were having a battle with their Wurmples. It sort of made the teenager jealous that so many people got to truly experience this kind of freedom of their own will, while she was stuck having to more or less lie and sneak her way into it.

"Well, that's not something I'm gonna have to worry about anymore," Tabitha thought, trying her best to put a smile back on her face. "There ain't gonna be anyone tellin' me what to do from here on!"

The sound of her Tepig snorting quickly snapped Tabitha out of her daze and to attention. She glanced down at Hamton, who seemed to be quite interested in the rustling that was coming from a nearby patch of long grass. Quietly, Tabitha observed as Hamton made his way over, the Tepig suddenly squealing in surprise as a gray and black, puppy-like creature came bounding out from the grass. She had seen this kind of Pokémon before, but the teenager was honestly having trouble remembering what it was called. Quickly, Tabitha fumbled for the Pokédex she had received from Professor Birtch.

"Let's see... I think this thing is supposed to be able to tell ya about different Pokémon. Question is, how the hell does this thing actually work?" Tabitha mused. She held the device up in the air and waved it around for a bit, seeing if anything in particular would happen when she did so. Eventually, she came to point the device at the puppy-like Pokémon, causing the device to suddenly light up and display its picture. "Holy crap!"

250px-261Poochyena.png
    "Poochyena is an omnivore-it will eat anything. A distinguishing feature is how large its fangs are compared to its body. This Pokémon tries to intimidate its foes by making the hair on its tail bristle out."

"Huh... Well, that's pretty cool..." Tabitha said after the Pokédex finished speaking. "I kinda like that... She glanced down at her belt, taking note of the Pokéballs hanging from it. "Well, part of being a trainer is catchin' Pokémon. Let's see if I got what it takes. Ya ready, Hamton?"

The Tepig snorted in response, smiling up at his trainer briefly before turning his attention towards the Poochyena standing before them. The puppy Pokémon seemed to take notice of this, as she too took a battle-ready stance. A faint growling could be heard coming from the Poochyena, causing that excitement from within Tabitha to start building up once more.

"Alright Hamton! Let's get this show on the road! Start this battle off with Flame Charge!" Tabitha ordered.

The Tepig squealed in response and quickly took off scurrying towards the Poochyena as fast as his little legs would carry him. As he did so, flames began to spark around his body, quickly circling around him before he slammed headfirst into the wild Pokémon. Poochyena let out a small howl of surprise, but she quickly recovered from the attack and took a quick chomp onto Hamton's little tail. The pig Pokémon's eyes went wide as he quickly began to run around and shake the puppy off of his tail. Eventually, Hamton did manage to shake her loose before quickly running back towards Tabitha.

"Heh... looks like she's got some bite to back up her bark," Tabitha said with a chuckle. "Alright Hamton, let's try to be more careful with our attacks! Attack from a distance with Ember!"

The Tepig nodded and jumped forward, suddenly shooting a small burst of fire from his little snout. The Poochyena was not slow on her feet, however. She easily managed to jump to the side and avoid the flames coming for her. Once the coast was clear, the Poochyena made to charge towards Hamton once more. The Tepig's eyes widened as she takcled right into him, causing him to fall back a bit from the Poochyena.

"She's quick too... If I'm gonna manage to catch her, I'm gonna need to try and outpower her quick..."Tabitha thought. "Flame Charge is just the way to do it! Let her have it, Hamton!"

Once more the Tepig began to charge for the Poochyena as he was told. Once more, flames began to spark from his body as he neared his target, his pace a bit quicker than it had been previously. Hamton managed to slam his little body into the wild Poochyena with ease, this time causing her to fall back in surprise. That surprise quickly turned into anger however, as the Poochyena quickly picked herself off the ground and charged towards the pig Pokémon with it's large fangs bared once more. Tabitha smiled, as a rather sneaky tactic quickly came to mind.

"Hamton, Ember!" she shouted. The Tepig snorted in response and shot another small burst of fire from his snout. Much like she had before, the wild Poochyena skidded to a stop and quickly jumped back to avoid the flames. However, this was the sort of reaction that Tabitha had been hoping for. "Now! Another Flame Charge!"

Hamton squealed proudly as he charged forward right as his last attack had ended. His running speed was even faster than it had been previously. Even the flames had managed to spark up faster than before. Poochyena's jaw hung open wide as she tried to scurry off to the side, but Hamton proved to be moving too quick for her to do so at this point. He slammed right into the puppy Pokémon's body, causing her to fall flat on her belly and skid across the dirt rather roughly. Tabitha wasted no time in seizing this opportunity. She quickly took one of the empty Pokéballs from her belt and launched it at the downed Poochyena as hard as she could. She watched as the ball bounced against her body, before sucking the puppy Pokémon up inside.

The ball hit the ground, slowly beginning to shake. Tabitha watched the ball quietly... Would this catch be successful?

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Lillipup in Trouble!

Alice
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Pokédex
    Spoiler:

Alice and Chompy were making good headway into Route 101. To think that Sootopolis is so close to here... it's so different! Hoenn really is a diverse place isn't it. Even Johto isn't as diverse as this. In Johto it's pretty much all one kind of tree, some mountains, and the whirl islands... here they've got a Volcano, Tropical islands, and a city inside of a meteor crater! Alex giggled as they marched across the dirt path. "Bzzt! Bzzt!" Chirped the Pokédex. Alice pulled out the device and clicked the glowing green button.

Lillipup, the puppy Pokémon. The long hair around its face acts as an excellent radar, allowing it to sense changes in the environment.

Alice glanced up from the screen to find the Pokémon in front of her, facing two different Pokémon.

Aipom, the long tail Pokémon. It lives atop tall trees. When leaping from branch to branch, it deftly uses its tail for balance.

Buneary, the rabbit Pokémon. Its ears are always rolled up, but they can be extended to shatter even large boulders.

Suddenly the Wild Aipom swung its tail forward and smashed into Lillipup. Was that rock smash?! Alice gasped. The Buneary then joined in with a jump kick. Chompy! Help Lillipup out with an Ice fang on Aipom! Alice ordered. Chompy leaped forward and sunk its fangs into the Aipoms tail, leaving it covered in a chunk of ice. Chompy easily freed himself from the ice covered tail. but the Aipom who was unable to lift its tail, was stuck in place. Buneary turned and let out a little cry when it saw its friend struggling against a new foe. While the Buneary was distracted, Lillipup smashed into it with a take down. The puppy Pokémon stood up on wobbly legs, weakened from the recoil as well as fighting type attacks. Buneary picked itself up and retaliated with a power up punch. Water gun Chompy! Alice commanded. The Totodile span around and let out a burst of water that blasted the Buneary into a nearby tree. The Pokémon fell to the ground unconscious, but Aipom suddenly smashed free from the Ice, rushing at Chompy with a Retaliate. Lillipup growled and rushed forward and snapped it jaws around Aipoms arm before the attack could hit. Seeing the little dog bite the Aipom, Chompy got excited and did the same, clamping its teeth onto the Aipoms head. Damn it Chompy! Alice groaned as she pulled him off the unconscious Pokémon. Torturing Lillipup like that. Get outta here! Alice snorted, causing the two defeated Pokémon to flee. "Lilli..." The puppy Pokémon muttered exhausted. Your hurt... you want to come with us? We can make you feel better, Oldale town is just up ahead! Alice replied smiling. She plucked the Pokéball from her purse and chucked it at the Pokémon without waiting for an answer. The Pokéball shook once... twice... three times...

Back