• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help

Years
  • I feel like i've made a decent team, as you can see i'm not keeping it strictly to one tier. I'm not planning on getting THAT serious with wifi battles for this but i'd still like to not get slaughtered every time i play. So any help is good. These pokemon are already in my possesion just waiting to go through the process of ev training until i feel that the team is right. so.. thanks for help
    i also need help on the whole "positions" of a metagame team, also i'm not sure what items would work best for my team

*Metagross (252HP/252Atk/4Spe)
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Explosion

*Tangrowth (172Hp/120Atk/216Def)
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Power Whip
    ~ Earthquake / Hidden Power Ice

*Houndoom (100Atk/184SpAtk/224Spe)
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Sucker Punch

*Gyarados (252Atk/4Def/252Spe)
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Bounce

*Empoleon (252Hp/252SpD/4Spe)
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power Electric
    ~ Roar

*Flygon (252Atk/4Def/252Spe)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roost
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Fire Blast

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You're team is going to take a major whooping from Excadrill, save Flygon and Gyarados. If one gets the chance to set up Swords Dance, it can potentially sweep a majority of your team. Also, Explosion took a major hit in the 5th Gen, so I'd give Metagross something like Earthquake. Now, I don't know word one about Tangrowth, but using dual status effecting moves seems a little much. I would replace one of them for Hidden Power Ice or Leech Seed.

You've got a lot of all out sweepers on your team. While there's nothing wrong with that, on the off chance that you may want to change it up, Empoleon has a few moves that can pacify that.

*Empoleon (252Hp/252SpD/4Spe)
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power Electric
    ~ Roar

395.gif

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Defense / 4 Sp. Attack
    Calm [+Sp.Defense; -Attack]
    - Toxic
    - Protect / Yawn / Roar/ Ice Beam
    - Aqua Ring
    - Surf

Well.. it's no Blissey. But Empoleon can function as a Special Wall and Staller. This is just an optional moveset for you. Toxic is obvious and protect stalls for it and Aqua Ring. Yawn and Roar are some good Pseudo-Hazing moves. Ice Beam can hit Dragons for super-effective damage and Surf is, pretty much, the best STAB option. No matter how many useful resistances or immunities Empoleon has there's just no getting around the fact that, if you're going to have a Special Wall, it might as well be Blissey. And sadly, Empoleon is not Blissey. ;-;

*Flygon (252Atk/4Def/252Spe)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roost
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Fire Blast

If you're going to run a mixed Flygon, you might want to consider investing some EVs into Special Attack. Otherwise, you might as well run a Physical Sweeper.

330.gif

Flygon @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Levitate
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack] / Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - U-Turn
    - Fire Punch / Stone Edge / Roost

Choice Band can be replaced for the Life Orb if you use Roost. This is pretty straightforward. U-Turn is highly recommended on Flygon. It gives it a good advantage and helps by scouting. Fire Punch could help with the pesky Excadrill.

Hope this helped.
    Sorry it wasn't much of a rate.

Back