• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinions

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    So i want some good pokemon to battle with ( No legends )
    and i have these all trained up a bit
    Garchomp ( Dragon / Ground )
    Gyarados ( Water / Flying )
    Mandibuzz ( Flying ( Still questioning ))
    Magnezone ( Electro )
    Reuniclus ( Pshycic )
    Volcarona ( Fire / Bug )
    If you have a different and better opinion please comment and also say why
    I just used the expirience of playing this game 3 years

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey Marni, good to see you're loving the fifth generation (it really is the best imo). Honestly I think you're good to go with all your Pokémon. Mandibuzz is the weakest link though, as it's a defensive rather than offensive Pokémon. Defensive is always good in competitive play but in game you're looking for offensive, and that's where Mandibuzz doesn't really fit in. Everything else is a solid choice. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Hey Marni, good to see you're loving the fifth generation (it really is the best imo). Honestly I think you're good to go with all your Pokémon. Mandibuzz is the weakest link though, as it's a defensive rather than offensive Pokémon. Defensive is always good in competitive play but in game you're looking for offensive, and that's where Mandibuzz doesn't really fit in. Everything else is a solid choice. Good luck!

What did you have in mind then instead of a mandibuzz?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Scrafty. Other than being one of the best Gen 5 mons it also adds another physical attacker to your team that won't have too many extra weaknesses. That and it's pretty broken if you breed it right. Alternatively you could go with a simple Sawk, they're always good!

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    But i need something with fly otherwise i cant move to places real quick

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If your only reason is to fly then you're sitting pretty good. Mandibuzz won't do much else for you but if that's all you need it for you've got no worries! :) The rest of your team looks good anyway. Go for it.

Back