• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I usually have 40 down and about 2 up. I really hope they start installing those fibre optic cables soon, I'd like to have 40 down and up >__<

So I turned on my phone to check the charge, I had it connected to my laptop for about two hours. This is what I see:

http://imgur.com/esgnCMa

After I pull the cord from my phone, it just dies.
    Wow that sucks >_<

Also, one thing I've noticed about a lot of cable internet speeds is that while some people have a really good download, their upload seems to only be a small fraction compared to the download speed.

Years

My gosh. Official -tan for Internet Explorer!

Quite possibly the best thing out of nowhere.

I was actually gonna post that last night but I forgot. Are the downloads for this edition of the browser up inside Singapore or no?

Wow that sucks >_<

Also, one thing I've noticed about a lot of cable internet speeds is that while some people have a really good download, their upload seems to only be a small fraction compared to the download speed.

If memory serves, that's intentional on the ISP's part.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I was actually gonna post that last night but I forgot. Are the downloads for this edition of the browser up inside Singapore or no?

Nope, not yet.

In the meantime, the "normal" IE11 for Windows 7 is now out. Even if you don't use IE and never intend to use it anytime soon, install it anyway, as it's a Windows component as far as most things are concerned. You shouldn't leave them out-of-date.

Besides, Inori Aizawa might want you to, you know, try it :P

Years
  • Nope, not yet.

In the meantime, the "normal" IE11 for Windows 7 is now out. Even if you don't use IE and never intend to use it anytime soon, install it anyway, as it's a Windows component as far as most things are concerned. You shouldn't leave them out-of-date.

I'd have updated by now if it had actually shown up for me via Windows Update. As it stands, it hasn't shown up as even an optional update.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

I started downloading an IE update just for her last night, but then the time went up to two hours, and I went "lmfao Screw this", and went to bed. I should let it finish to see what all the hype is about.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'd have updated by now if it had actually shown up for me via Windows Update. As it stands, it hasn't shown up as even an optional update.

Windows Update rollout for Internet Explorer always work like this: It first comes to users of preview releases, then after some time have passed, it gets rolled out as an important security update. If you have automatic updates set to either "automatically install" or "download without prompting", and do not use an IE update blocker which is provided for each individual IE version, you will get it.

Also, even if you didn't allow Windows Update to automatically download IE updates, IE10 and newer might decide to automatically install a newer version of IE anyway, due to how they handle updating - Windows Update is in addition to what's built into IE10+.

If you want to get the latest IE as soon as it is released, do it with a direct download. If you have been keeping up with the updates up until the last Patch Tuesday, you will be able to install it without downloading anything else.

I started downloading an IE update just for her last night, but then the time went up to two hours, and I went "lmfao Screw this", and went to bed. I should let it finish to see what all the hype is about.

You're downloading the regular IE11 for now :)

Years
  • I don't auto-update (don't want the machine shutting down while I'm in the middle of something -- 7 is usually nice and doesn't force restarts, though I have had it happen a couple of times), but I'm in the habit of checking every 2 or 3 days just to get new definitions for MSE.

I use Windows Update to check for all my Microsoft Updates simply because it's, well, easier. That way, since IE is not my primary browser, I don't have to actively monitor Microsoft's sites for updates to a browser than can probably wait until it's actually rolled out since I use a script-blocker in each browser I actually use.

That said, I did apply the update last night, because why not?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    My WiFi fluctuates but here's what I'm getting atm.
    3088251612.png

With an ethernet connection I get a solid 40-50 down

edit: retook it and got this result.
    3088255462.png

Years
  • WiFi speeds are going top fluctuate like that unfortunately, especially the father you are away from the source.

Took this on my tablet moments ago about 15 feet away from my router

643204184.png

TY

My wifi usually goes crazy sometimes. Mostly it even just dies at random moments and thats really frustrating, especially when im doing something important :/

TY

I guess i should get a new modem since the cable we have is just messed up too cause of the times i had to use it to get Internet in my house. Worst part back then was that we all were fighting over it since we all needed the internet :S

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm pretty happy with my WiFi, tbqh. I have multiple devices on it (two laptops, two phones, two tablets, one desktop, a Wii, and a BluRay player) and I don't have any problems with speed or network hogging. I guess I'm lucky.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Previously we used the wireless modem that our ISP gave us but then after about 6 months it started dying and would suffer from random disconnections. We got replacements after but the same issue happens after a short white. It was then that I decided to get my parents to buy a new router and it's been working very well ever since.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Got a VPN my friend recommended. My upload is through the roof xD

3088642194.png

Years
  • Speaking of VPNs, I somehow managed to set up my own VPN here from my server, but I don't intend to have it enabled probably unless I'm on the go and I want to secure my browsing from public wifi networks. I did a speedtest while on the VPN moments ago and it ran slow :p

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    That's interesting. What can you do with that, Zach?

My VPN is supercharged tonight o.o

3090655631.png

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I wish I didn't have bandwidth caps ;;I hate it so much. Mobile I have 4gb and at home 250gb.

Years
  • Bandwidth caps are non-existent on my ISP, yay!

But in all seriousness, I think caps are crap. They don't really improve the conservation of bandwidth at all and all they do is just allow for ISPs to suck up more money.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Last year I was living with a mobile internet cap of 200 mb (because it's AT&T that's why). Now with the upgrade, I have a cap of 1.5 GB. still a little bit to manage, but it's at least okay since I mostly use wifi and everywhere I go there's wifi, so I barely reach that limit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back