• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen RIP Holo Caster

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Today marks the end of Holo Caster service, as it has been discontinued. (For shame.) Did you guys ever use the Holo Caster? How do you feel about the service being discontinued?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I never used it myself outside of in-game things. I think it was mostly announcements after the story(s) end. I actually thought that was ending at the end of October. Just feels like 7th gen is coming so quickly, and 6th just started not that long ago :o

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Using this thing was a possibility outside of the few times Tierno/Lysandre/Sycamore times would pop up to help you progress the story? I'm not going to lie I literally had NO idea that this was even a thing. I feel a little dumb but they could've pushed it a little more! That being said though; I probably wouldn't use it all too much even if I did know about it, to be honest.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was not aware that the Holo Caster had actual use outside of the times people would call you during the storyline either =/

I assume this is in relation to the Global Link cutting off support to Gen 6 to instead be compatible with Sun/Moon and Gen 7, which is supposed to happen sometime this month.

Years
  • I never used this feature, so I'm kinda shocked it's getting discontinued even before the planned time for the end of 6th Gen Global Link support. Oh well, at least 7th Gen will hopefully offer us much better things.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The Holo Caster gave you information via Spotpass about Pok?mon Competitions and people who passed you via Streetpass. I actually did use the Holo Caster, so it's sad to see this go with Generation Six coming to a close. So, the general word is that no one used the Holo Caster outside of ingame, huh? I see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    It's maybe that they haven't used the Holo Caster when Pokemon OmegaRuby and Pokemon AlphaSapphire came out.

Years
  • Yet another thing that no one used. It's only been about, what, three years at the most? I hope they hang onto the service for longer than GV did. Funny that a feature in the game rarely saw any use, though. Oh well, at least wonder trading hatched shiny Pokemon still gives me a bit of a thrill.

Back