• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Bacteriophage's Various Doodles and Artwork

Years
  • Hi there!
    Aw, fakemon designs are the best to draw. I love seeing new concepts of pokemon, so this is really fun to see!

First off; your coloring is spot on to Ken Sugimori's art style. Dude, that's awesome! It's a hard style to imitate for some artists, it even was for me awhile back! So, you got the style and coloring down!

There is something though you could work on to help make even better art; line confidence!
    30832161c7.png

I know you scan your work and line it on Paint tool Sai - I'm not sure if you use a tablet or not when doing line art, but try to do things in one fast stroke! This technique can be applied traditionally or digitally, so you'll have no problem practicing it! Taking a long time on one stroke makes the line look messy and shows less confidence.

Since I also use SAI,you can also play around with the Stabilizer!
    5d8a36ad44.png

It definitely helps with smoothing out lines or making it look a lot more confident!

Just another note would be just to pick a dominant light source
    6aa5593215.png

So we know "oh, that's where the light is coming from!" - It makes shading a lot easier and gives dimension to the fakemon. C:

I hope this helps, and continue to draw! The coloring is just so spot on, it's lovely and could pull off for the Sugimori style!

Back