• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I upened it in XSE and fixed it to fix xse and complied it and stil nothing hapends when I step on the tile with the script
Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hey, umm... I need help with a script to enable the national dex in Fire red. This is what I got

Spoiler:

For some reason it doesn't work. I put it on one of the aides so he could give it to me at the begining, but I can't. Please, any help would be cool

You need to set the pokedex flag first so I'll add that into the script in bold.

I upened it in XSE and fixed it to fix xse and complied it and stil nothing hapends when I step on the tile with the script
Spoiler:

Have you set the var number as 4050 and the unknown as 003 in a-map for the script tile settings?

Also please update your version of XSE and please post pictures of the event and the settings of the script tile.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
You need to set the pokedex flag first so I'll add that into the script in bold.

Have you set the var number as 4050 and the unknown as 003 in a-map for the script tile settings?

Also please update your version of XSE and please post pictures of the event and the settings of the script tile.
Yes I did here a took a screen shot
event.jpg

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
This problem is almost solved. It freezes when I exit the lab, it is annoying
because I can't work on a hack that can't be played. Any idea how I could
fix it?

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
if we are allowed to still ask for help on scripts I have a question...
I wanna know how to make a recieve pokemon script when stepping on a ''S(Green)'' tile.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
This problem is almost solved. It freezes when I exit the lab, it is annoying
because I can't work on a hack that can't be played. Any idea how I could
fix it?

Where is that script used? Is it a walkable trap tile, those green "S" in AM?

if we are allowed to still ask for help on scripts I have a question...
I wanna know how to make a recieve pokemon script when stepping on a ''S(Green)'' tile.

If you're using XSE, can I suggest you reading the guide that comes with it?

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
HackMew, I tried two things.
1) I didn't have the green S block, freezes.
2) I had the green S block, freezes as well. (The S block was on the tile on the exit of the house)

mattdaninja

Problem, Officer?
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Alright here's my rather lengthy question....XD

I'm trying to make Giovanni's Gym the first gym in my Firered Hack. I changed around the trainers to make them weaker and have grass pokemon, and I also changed the layout of the gym and Gio's pokemon, picture and name.

Now what I want to do is make it so that this gym leader is in his gym from the beginning of the game, seeing that Gio doesn't appear in the gym until you fight him in saffron or whatever.

Also I want to know how I can make him give me the first badge. Thanks! =D

******SOLVED******* I'm getting good at this scripting business =D

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew, I tried two things.
1) I didn't have the green S block, freezes.
2) I had the green S block, freezes as well. (The S block was on the tile on the exit of the house)

If there wasn't the green "S", how was the script executed? Also, when it freezes it means you're using wrong settings. What are yours?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Does anyone know what the problem with this script is? It's in XSE, but I've tryed the same thing in Pokescript and got the same problem. The whole game just freezes right after the battle ends.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
Years
Does anyone know what the problem with this script is? It's in XSE, but I've tryed the same thing in Pokescript and got the same problem. The whole game just freezes right after the battle ends.

Spoiler:

You don't need a checkflag for trainers, the battles are remembered in the rom.

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Trap
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Aditional info: i compile the script and then it adds some numbers to the goto making it 0x8800048 instead of 0x800048 and while in game it just freezes the game. I even tried to remove the first 8 so that it adds itself but when i do this it adds a 8 and a 0 making it unusable also : /

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Type: Trap
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Aditional info: i compile the script and then it adds some numbers to the goto making it 0x8800048 instead of 0x800048 and while in game it just freezes the game.
Well the extra "8" indicates it's pointing to somewhere within the ROM area. Here's something helpful:
HackMew said:
For the sake of precision, I'll explain you how memory is used by the GBA.
- System ROM/BIOS: starts at 0x0000000 with a length of 16KBs, this section contains BIOS memory which is strictly read-only.
- External Working RAM/EWRAM: starts at 0x2000000 and has a length of 256 KB. Since it contains a 16-bit databus, THUMB is best used here.
It allows 8, 16 and 32 bits read/write.
- Internal Working RAM/IWRAM: begins at 0x3000000 and has a length of 32 KB with a 32-bit databus thus making it fast for ARM code.
It allows 8, 16 and 32 bit read/write.
- Register Memory/IO: begins at 0x4000000 going up to 1 KB. This is where you control graphics, sound, timing, keypressing etc.
Besides the name, it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual registers: r0-r15.
- Palette Memory: starts at 0x5000000 going up to 1 KB. This area contains 2 palettes: backgrounds and sprites, respectively.
- Video Memory/VRAM: starts at 0x6000000, graphic data (tilesets, sprites, tilemaps) are stored here. Sprites are usually stored starting from 0x6010000.
- Object Attribute Memory/OAM: begins at 0x7000000 with a length of 1 KB. This is where you control sprites such as storing width, height, or location to sprite graphic data.
- ROM: begins at 0x8000000 going to a maximum of 32 MB, usually. THUMB is the best choice over here.

The bolded part is where I think you should read.

But anyways, your script. Try added a "release" after setflag 0x1000

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
ok...

so if i made my rom a 32MB one the scripts offsets must start at 0x8000000 ?

but the game freezes, or froze, because now it works, well i couldn't go there again beacause i was stuck so i put i release command. that i got alone xD

so here's the new script code

Spoiler:

but either way i don't know how this works, beacause if you read it you notice the wrong combination of goto and its offset...

i'm not the kinda guy that thinks it works worray, i like to know why it works so if you could help, : ) also thanks for the reply earlier

(sorry for english i'm portuguese)
(also sorry for newbie mistakes while scripting, i strated to learn it yesterday)

Edit: i tried to put the release after setflag and didn't work, but if i put it where it is in the script in this spoiler it works
Edit: So if i got it right, the offsets must me like 0x800000 and so on, but the i should call for them with an extra 8 ? like 0x8800000 ? thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
so if i made my rom a 32MB one the scripts offsets must start at 0x8000000 ?

but the game freezes, or froze, because now it works, well i couldn't go there again beacause i was stuck so i put i release command. that i got alone xD

so here's the new script code

Spoiler:

but either way i don't know how this works, beacause if you read it you notice the wrong combination of goto and its offset...

i'm not the kinda guy that thinks it works worray, i like to know why it works so if you could help, : ) also thanks for the reply earlier

(sorry for english i'm portuguese)
(also sorry for newbie mistakes while scripting, i strated to learn it yesterday)

Edit: i tried to put the release after setflag and didn't work, but if i put it where it is in the script in this spoiler it works
Edit: So if i got it right, the offsets must me like 0x800000 and so on, but the i should call for them with an extra 8 ? like 0x8800000 ? thanks for the help guys.

Did you remember the 0300 and the 4050?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back