• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #74] Pokémon Kyanite - Sneak Peek released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
shrey2008: That's Brandon, the maincharacter of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. You might get the Ash idea from the Pikachu chasing (not following) him. Yes, Brandon is in trouble. XD

I am Updatimus Prime!
Afbeelding3-28.png
Afbeelding2-25.png

The new Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart tiles. Like it should, the Pokémon Mart is a tad smaller and blue and the Pokémon Center is obviously the standard red.
I tried to give these two buildings a futuristic look.

'till the next Updatimus Prime Time!

The tiles are great . Are those bins next to them ?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
One of those persons who's post got deleted: I make all my tiles myself.

Shrey2008: That are small lamps/lights (a unique tile for Cayon City =P) Well, there are bins in Kyanite, in fact you can see one in this update. :)

I am Updatimus Prime!
Houses and /randomness/ in one topic? Does that work out well? Yes, no, sometimes, maybe? I think it does. ^^
Afbeelding2-26.png
Afbeelding3-29.png

There's not a lot to explain, tbh. Screen 1 shows the new houses in Dredge Town while screen 2 shows a person guessing your favourute Pokémon.

'till the next Updatimus Prime Time!

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Yes, this is a one man project. I try to do most myself, sometimes there are somethigns I just can't do myself (like shiny hack) or things that are just stupid if I would do it myself (decapitalisation, altough I already decapitilised every item + description and attack + description)

Anyway...

Kyanite has no long story like most hack, instead you;kk meet several characters in ten different sub plots; small story lines (altough some of them are of decent lenght).
Each story is about one or two characters, the gym leaders and professor Beech to name a few.

Today I'll reveal a small part about the first of the plots...

Short Man's first villian!
Shorts Man is (almost) a normal kid from the Shiku region. He thinks he is a super hero, this sometimes result in awkward situations. This time it's serieus, because he received a weird letter and he knows for sure it's a evil super villian that tries to destroy him! The villian has to be stopped before it's too late...

Afbeelding9-20.png
Afbeelding10-18.png

Afbeelding11-19.png
Afbeelding12-15.png

Afbeelding13-12.png
Afbeelding14-15.png

Afbeelding15-13.png
Afbeelding18-7.png

Afbeelding16-13.png
Afbeelding17-7.png

Drowzeeman and Pidgeottoman screens: Shorts Man is quite fond of creating villians that don't excist at all...

To the next update and beyond!

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I'm back from France and I brought with me two little updates. :P

Beedrill Honey
Afbeelding1-20.png
Afbeelding2-27.png

Beedrill Honey is the local speciality from Fern town. It's delicious and sweet and loved by people and pokémon.

Afbeelding3-30.png
Afbeelding4-30.png

It's delicious AND cheap. What will happen when I slather it on one of those trees? One can only wonder...

Shiku National Art Gallery
Afbeelding6-26.png
Afbeelding7-24.png

Afbeelding8-24.png
Afbeelding5-27.png

Afbeelding10-19.png
Afbeelding11-20.png

This is a museum where all kinds of painting are on exhibition. There are four empty frames, but no need to worry, because there is a painter nearby. He wants to paint your pokémon, so the paintings can fill up those four empty spots.

To the next update and beyond!

(Oh, thanks for leaving me a little present. :P I would like to thank you for voting for Kyanite.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
story sounds very interesting, i want to play right now and find out what the hecks going on in those screenies

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Wow, this hack looks great. I love your new tiles, the storyline (or lack thereof), the new events... The hero OW does need some work though.
Oh well, I'm looking forward to the next progress update.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
I like the tiles you are using, they are not like many I have seen in FireRed hacks. Good Luck and have liked most of the screenies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Thank you for this. I was starting to lose hope in the ROM Hacking section, until I saw this. There are still quality hackers out there.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update kinda

I guess most of you know JPAN released a very usefull patch that opens a lot of new possibilites up. In the next days I'll transfer Kyanite over to a patched rom, so I can add new features to this hack.

Anyway... because I wanted to hack a bit, but I didn't want to transfer Kyanite to a patched rom just yet, I made this little scripts.

Guess this one is easy to understand: your Pokémon automaticly walks and you have to jump at the right time using the B button. You are awarded points at the end of the track.

Geen dots (bushes xD) appear. You have to turn your Pokémon so it faces the green dots. There is a time limit so you have to react fast. This game also award you with a score.

The tiles are for test purposes only and will be changed.

These mini games will be added to Kyanite eventually.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
update, but nothing mayor

Hello everybody. Because I wanted to use JPAN's patch for Kyanite and Kyanite was a big mess of screwed up scripts (well, not noticible in game, but all screwed up versions of all scripts I made are still there, taking up a lot of space) that I wanted to clean up, I decided to start over. Is that bad? Absolutely not. There won't be any changes for you (the player). As a matter of fact, some scripts will improve.
What I'm going to do is take all the scripts, maps, tiles from Kyanite and put them into a new clean rom, manually. Leaving all the non-used screwed up scripts behind. It will take some time, but it's worth it.

The new version of the intro event. A few tweaks and edits:
- Slightly edited movements, you now face down when the camera moves to alexander and turn right when you get outside
- Scripting wise I replaced "textcolor 0x[number]" with "[fr_[colour]", this won't change anything in-game, but scripting wise it looks better.
- The door of the gym now opens and the player disappears when he enters the door. Why didn't I do that in the first place...

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update: intro event 2

This script underwent more change than the other scripts. There are many differences between this and the old version.
The old version went like this: "Hey, Kyanite do you want to be the new Gym Leader?" "Err, Okay" "HEre is your first Pokémon. It doesn't matter you have no experience at all, you're now the new Gym Leader. Good luck." "But dad, how do I battle with this Pokémon?" "Alexander I'll explain it to you." and than your father quickly runs off...

Kinda weird, isn't it? In the new version I tried to make it so it makes more sense. This has some impact on the rest of the game, but not a very significant impact.

Afbeelding1-21.png

Like always, we start with a greeting.

Afbeelding6-27.png
Afbeelding7-25.png

Afbeelding8-25.png
Afbeelding9-22.png

Your dad has been the Gym Leader even before you were born, so that's a very long time. His tactics and battle skills are not what they were used to be, so he's thinking about quiting the job. Who should be the new Gym Leader? You, his only child.

Afbeelding10-20.png

Obviously you would like that (if not you shouldn't play this game err becouse being a Gym Leader is fun).

Afbeelding11-22.png
Afbeelding12-16.png

Afbeelding1-21.png
Afbeelding2-28.png

Your father asked Professor Beech to come to the gym, so you can pick your very first Pokémon. What Pokémon are inside the Poké Balls? I won't tell :P
Your father tells you you need to gain some experience before you can be the Gym Leader, that's why you need to train first.

All the changes
- You can pick your starter now, before it was Tyrogue by default
- Je won't become the Gym Leader right away, before you did
- Professor Beech is now present, before he wasn't there
- This time you won't battle Alexander the Gym 'caretaker'

For those who don't get it: the Professor Oak OW and the player OW will both be changed. Don't worry about it, don't complain about it.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Hello everybody! Today seemed like the perfect day to... release the offical Kyanite Sneak Peek!

Kyanite Sneak Peek 1
Afbeelding3-31.png
Afbeelding9-22.png

Play the first 5 minutes or so of the game and explore Debu Town and Route 49.

Download the Sneak Peek right here

Read the ream me! It'll tell you the errors/glitches and what's still left to do.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Woah... awesome Sneak Peak, but there are a few Spelling Mistakes:

Spoiler:

Good luck on future releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back