• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Live Dex

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
  • What do you do with a live dex?

For those who don't know, a live dex is when you own at least on of every single Pokemon.

I was thinking of things to do with my because right now it's just sitting in my PC boxes and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I could try levelling them up until they're all level 100, or maybe just try getting them a whole bunch of ribbons.

What do you guys think?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Which game are you playing? If it's Diamond/Pearl, you could buy Pokemon Ranch on the Wii, transfer all your Pokemon on to that and watch them play together.

If not, you could max out their contest stats (if you're playing a game with contests in like OR/AS) and then enter them in contests depending on which of their movesets are suitable.

Normally once I finish a living dex, I just leave them all in the PC and never touch them again. But for the shiny living dex that I'm working on, I'm training all the shiny Pokemon I get to level 100.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I had my live dex originally in Pokemon Platinum but I transferred them all over to Pokebank.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • You could put them on OR/AS and enter them in contests as well as levelling them up to 100. A quick way to level them up in that game is to scan a QR code for a secret base that has a Blissey trainer in it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were me, I'd likely take my time leveling up my favorites, as well as training them for EVs. When I need them for battling, they should be all set to use.

Years
  • I never had a live dex since Gold and Silver. I want to complete the pokedex in R/S/E and HG/SS. I'm almost done with the dex in AS. I would eventually raise them to level 100 and enter them in contests if the game I'm playing has them.

So does live dex only count for the National Pokedex or does it apply to Regional Pokedex as well? I never bother doing National, I always just try to complete Regional in each game.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • My living dex just sits in my Pokemon Bank, it's helpful to build up Battle Points (I don't take PokeMiles) and I can simply transfer it to a new game if I wanted too.
    @OuterTsuchinoko- Living Dex normally refers to the National PokeDex but it's possible to have a living Regional Dex.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I need to finish up a living dex (I completed my Pokedex, but I don't currently have every form). Once I do, though, it'll probably just sit in Bank (although I'm pretty much out of space there, so that's another concern). I'm working on a competitive living dex (probably only end-stage evolutions, though, unless I do a Little Cup team) where I have a competitively bred and trained Pokemon for every evolution line. That, too, will probably just sit in Bank, as I rarely get around to battling with the Pokemon I breed, but it would be nice to use different members for various competitive teams.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • Well for me the whole point of even doing a livedex is to have something to do after I beat the game.
    I guess after that you could just do challenges with them or get them all trained up. There aint much to do after that.

Back