• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla 3.5 Beta 4

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Enjoy!
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html
    Changes?
    * This beta is now available in 70 languages - get your local version.
    * Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
    * Better performance and stability with the new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine.
    * The ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for geolocation.
    * Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
    * Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
    * Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5 and elements,
    downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript query selectors, HTML5 offline data
    storage for applications, and SVG transforms.

There is no 3.1 as well this basically took over. Another thing I noticed is that with the tab bar it no longer stays on one page and opens a tab bar when you open a new one. It stays open all the time with a new tab button. Love it. Or I just never noticed it in my firefox settings XD
    Edit:
    So then the new tab button is surely new as I never saw it but the tab bar is only an option when it comes to being open all the time. And man this thing feels faster then regular old Mozilla 3.
    Also note when you clear all data after using firefox they added some options. Auo login cookies and your memory cache all gets wiped out aftwerwards. Oh and for Winamp users the toolbar is not suggested and uh that is it. Did I forget something? Oh yeah add-ons and themes get deleted with the clear all data option. Otherwise its excellent not too different from 3 but you can tell the difference.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You can select which parts of your private data get deleted; you don't need to select the options you don't like. That's true in the older betas, as well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah but this time you can also delete completely cookies and cache and it will stay. If you don't customize what you delete completely every time you close it and all it is like you never used it at all.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I like this new beta, but sadly my Super Mario Brothers theme doesn't work with it anymore. Also, how do I access Cache deletion.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • It will be difficult to get by without CoolPreviews and Foxkeh Theme, but I'm liking this new Firfox. I can notice the speed.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I must say, after messing with it, I'm fairly impressed. the only things that keep me from using it as my main are the fact that when I use the back and forward buttons it won't reload the page automatically (hence it reverts to a cached version >:[) and the fact that the only way to reduce the toolbars and free up some more screen real estate for the actual web content is to make the tab bar hide when there's only one tab open. (But you lose that immediately when you open a new tab. ¬_¬).
    so for now I'll quietly replace camino with it but continue to use Safari 4 Public Beta as my main browser.
    (though I will admit I've made it the default on the PowerBook G4 I inherited because it makes good use of the lower memory footprint as well as using the multitouch gestures is out of the question anyway, so it works out good for Tiger use)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I must say, after messing with it, I'm fairly impressed. the only things that keep me from using it as my main are the fact that when I use the back and forward buttons it won't reload the page automatically (hence it reverts to a cached version >:[) and the fact that the only way to reduce the toolbars and free up some more screen real estate for the actual web content is to make the tab bar hide when there's only one tab open. (But you lose that immediately when you open a new tab. ¬_¬).
    so for now I'll quietly replace camino with it but continue to use Safari 4 Public Beta as my main browser.
    (though I will admit I've made it the default on the PowerBook G4 I inherited because it makes good use of the lower memory footprint as well as using the multitouch gestures is out of the question anyway, so it works out good for Tiger use)

To force refresh on back or forward:
    Type "about:config" in the URL bar. Look for the entry called "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" and set it to "1" to force pages to refresh.

To clear up more room on the screen:
    Browse the compact themes on the website. If you like the Safari 4 beta, I recommend Whitehart; in my opinion, it has a pretty similar look and feel.

Years
  • I've been using the previous betas as my main browser, although if this works with all of my addons, I think I'll stick with it.

Back