• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastDragon

Love Khaleesi
Years
Kagami, will you be telling us what Pokemon will be available to catch during each scene/act or will we be deciding ourselves? Also as a side note, Johto region is my favorite as well! Everything about it is awesome. Can't wait to get started!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Cheers for reserving me! I'll get to working on my SU asap, I have a 4 hour bus journey back to college later on this evening so hopefully I should get a good chunk of it done.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Can you, like, put me on a waiting list or something? Like, if someone drops out or their reservation expires, I get reserved for their place? Are you doing that? Will you do that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Kagami, will you be telling us what Pokemon will be available to catch during each scene/act or will we be deciding ourselves? Also as a side note, Johto region is my favorite as well! Everything about it is awesome. Can't wait to get started!

I'll add a list of pokémon for each region ^^ along with the details at the begining of each act/scene

Cheers for reserving me! I'll get to working on my SU asap, I have a 4 hour bus journey back to college later on this evening so hopefully I should get a good chunk of it done.

^^ glad to see you made it xD

Can you, like, put me on a waiting list or something? Like, if someone drops out or their reservation expires, I get reserved for their place? Are you doing that? Will you do that?

I could do that, or, even better, grab another PokéGear and sneak it up on the list thus adding a slot in the RP xD

14 is a weird number of RPers anyways xD
15 would be better I guess xD

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
That would be great. Though I'm not really sure what I could do for the color. So... uh... can you do the color choice for me?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice you already added it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
That would be great. Though I'm not really sure what I could do for the color. So... uh... can you do the color choice for me?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice you already added it.

Yeah xD I grabbed them from some guy's devart account :X I added a link to his page in the Credits section :X Was trying not to tap in his custom pokégears, but eventually went for grabbing the orange one xD

Oh and tiny announcement:
Found a very lovely person to make me a Gen IV Johto Pokédex sprite (
JohtoPokeacutedex_zps5ee3a825.png
) in various colours. I don't know yet wether or not they'll stick for simply the originally requested Red and Blue or if they'll do the Gold and Silver and Purple and Teal ones too.
So, soon enough, you'll be able to choose a Pokédex color as well ^^.
Those aren't as exclusive as the PokéGears though, so more people can own the same coloured Pokédex.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Almost done. This is my first time RPing as a shy character, to tell the truth. My others are the opposite of him.

Name:
Jonathan Hanoma

Pokégear Choice:
Orange

Appearance:
Johnathan.png

Johnathan stands at 5'11", has dark brown hair, and green eyes. His typical outfit consists of a dark blue jacket with a light blue shirt underneath. The shirt has a dark blue border, along with a dark blue stripe in the middle. He also casually wears light blue pants. Jonathan's current shoes are dark blue with black on the bottom. He wears a necklace with a water drop to symbolize his love for Water type Pokémon.

Personality:
Jonathan is a shy, quiet boy. He prefers to not be around people, and he doesn't talk much when he is. However, he enjoys playing with the Pokémon his family has as pets, and really all Pokémon in general. He is more social with them than humans, actually. His main hobby is dancing, as he greatly excells in it. His other hobbies include baseball and soccer, but he has never been on a team because of the fact that the games do have crowds, and he's shy. Jonathan does, however, has a gift in bonding with Pokémon. He has managed to make a few friends, too. He has a very good memory and his intelligence is above average. Jonathan doesn't get upset easily, few things make him angry. He has alwzys loved Water–type Pokémon. He also enjoys the beach, swimming, etc.

He has also had a dream of becoming a famous Pokéathlete, and Pokémon Contests also appeal to him, however the desire to be a Pokéathlete is greater than the latter. Jonathan has always loved the idea of going on a Pokémon journey, and he also believes it will improve his social skills.

Starter Pokemon:
King, the ♂
393.gif

Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality:
King is a very active, energetic Piplup. Though he is very timid around Grass and Electric–type Pokémon, he is gentle around other Pokémon and humans. He hates to lose. King is often overconfident about things though, and this can cause losses for him. In his spare time, King likes to sleep.

Roleplay Sample:

Jonathan snoozed peacefully in his bed as the clock on the wall ticked and ticked, soon reaching 9:00. It was a typical Sunday for him; just sleeping in then hanging out with the two friends he had managed to make.

The clock went on for another 7 minutes, then Jonathan's sleep fest was interrupted by the buzzing of his cell phone. Half asleep, he put his hand on the "Answer" button then switched the phone onto speaker. An excited voice came through.

"Hey, Jonathan? It's me, Dario. I have a huge suprise for you and Ronny. Can you meet me at the Safari Zone?" Before Jonathan could respond, there was a click, meaning he had hung up.

Just a few days ago, when Barry turned 14, his parents finally allowed him to go to the Safari Zone. They also said that if he somehow managed to get a Poké Ball and actually catch a Pokémon, he could keep it. Jonathan's parents were extremely overprotective.

"Mom, I'm going to the Safari Zone!" he called. His mom was confused, as Jonathan couldn't afford the admittance, but still replied with, "Okay, dear,"

Jonathan raced to the Safari Zone, swiftly dodging any wild Pokémon that leaped at him. When he arrived, he saw his two friends Dario and Ronny standing by the gate.
"Over here!" Dario called, and Ronny was waving at him.

Jonathan approached the group, and when he arrived, Dario burst into conversation. He was only like that when he was excited, actually.

"So, now that we're all allowed to go into the Safari Zone, I have great news," he said. "Neither of you can afford to get in, right?"
Jonathan and Ronny both nodded.
"Well, I've been saving money from my job. Pays really well, just saying." Dario worked at a buisness that took care of Pokémon who were owned as pets. When their owners went away on vacation or something like that, they were typically put in the care of Pokécare Premium. He had been at the job for a couple of months.

"Well," he continued. "I got enough money to get all three of us admitted!"
The other two were sceptical, but then he pulled out his wallet, showing them the proof. Jonathan couldn't believe it. His dream was about to come true! He could finally go on a Pokémon journey! He could barely pay attention as they entered the Gate, and Dario, who was the most social out of the three, paid for the admittance.

Can't finish in one post because my 3ds has a character limit. For the rest of my sample, look at my post saying I'm done.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Name: Curtis Moore
Pokégear Choice: Matrix

Appearance:

Curtis can best be described as looking rather ordinary. He's a fairly lanky 5'9" boy with blue eyes behind rectangular-framed glasses and dirty blond hair going down to his neck that likes to settle as a complete mess. As a result, it's usually hidden under a gray snap-back cap. He wears a red t-shirt and a black pair of jeans, as well as a pair of black sneakers. He carries a white-and-red bag similar to what most Pokémon Trainers have to hold items.

Personality:

Curtis will do anything he wants to as long as there isn't a good reason not to; he lives off of split-second decision-making and will refuse to show regret for anything he's done. Even if he knows he's made a mistake, he'll weasel his way out of it any way he can. He's not much of a talker, and will mostly ignore anyone who he really doesn't want to interact with, no matter how rude or eccentric he comes off as.

He's fascinated by anything unusual, and will go out of his way to investigate it; however, he does like to stay well within his comfort zone and has more than enough common sense not to end up in a bad situation. He's also a very logical thinker, and if there's any convention that he sees flaw in, he won't hesitate to voice his opinion.

Starter Pokémon: Buizel (female)
418f.gif

Curtis' Buizel is a very enthusiastic and bold fighter, not even caring what opponent she's up against. She's somewhat of a glass cannon, delivering loads of force but easily taken out by her opponent. After losing, she's still ready to get back up and try again, regardless of how bad the loss was. She also loves how warm Johto is compared to her native region of Sinnoh.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

I hoped it would take me a few hours to finish it... it took me over a day. Oh well, at least I've done it semi-decently.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I hoped it would take me a few hours to finish it... it took me over a day. Oh well, at least I've done it semi-decently.

just finished reading and you're accepted ^-^
Here's your Buizel's info ^^
418f.gif

Female/Water Veil
SonicBoom/Growl/Water Gun/Swift

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Is an image okay, or do I also have to do it in words?

I'd rather there was at least a paragraph there as well ^^
The images aren't mandatory ^^

How many more finished SU's before we start? Just curios.

I intend to post the IC thread sometime next weekend. Either on Friday or Saurday, depends on when I got the time to do it.
Most people should have their SUs ready by then ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Oh, as you guys that reserved slots and made placeholders finish your SU, please let me know ^^
I do check then out regularely, but it's better if you notify me, just in case I overlook anything >u<

THE BLEEDER POKEGEAR is now AVAILABLE.
That's right, someond dropped their reservation so there's a slot free for whoever wants to join ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I've finished! If there's anything I need to add just let me know.
Well, I'm currently on my phone so reading stuff and all tends to get kind of annoying
So I'll make sure to check everything out once I get access to a computer ^^ Just letting you know why I am not updating the first post and stuff despite being online ^^

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here's an updated version of my SU. I'm actually quite proud of this one.

Name:
Kazuki "Kaz" or "Kazu" Takemura

Pokégear Choice:
Swaggin' Sunset

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Kazu stands at about 6'2, and weighs around 150 pounds, and is generally quite slim. He wears this outfit often, seeing as he has several pairs of it. He can often be seen chewing spearmint gum.

Personality:
Kaz is a rocker, first and foremost. He plays the guitar almost flawlessly, and prefers the genre of metalcore, but he has other favorite genres, such as punk rock, or the Pokemon version of J-Rock. He loves music as if he would die if it didn't exist, and quite frankly, he might if it didn't. He often plays his guitar when he's alone, ad libbing as he goes, and quite frankly it sounds very good. He takes pride in his music. His current life goal is to become the best guitar-playing Pokemon trainer there ever was, while still being an excellent trainer.

Kaz is almost always calm and laid-back. He never acts surprised, and quite frankly he normally isn't. He seems to be very intelligent, although he doesn't show it, seeing as he doesn't talk a lot. Normally he sits back with his hands crossed behind his head. He is a tactical battler, preferring to face an opponent after he watches them, be it secretively or in the open. He takes that general approach to life. Normally he'll think about things a good deal before he makes any action at all. Kaz doesn't talk very much, but when he does he's generally friendly. He'll make a comment on how a beaten opponent could improve their skill, make a VERY occasional joke, or answer some general questions. It's quite obvious he doesn't think very highly of himself outside of music, and prefers to put people up instead of bringing them down. He hates to see other people depressed, and will try to find anything he can to make them feel happy, even going so far as to write a song for them.

Starter Pokemon:
Hollow the Solitary (Male)
104.gif

Hollow is a very quiet Pokemon, similar to Kazu. He tends not to interact with other Pokemon very much, with the exception of battling. He's very cold towards Humans, seeing as a poacher killed his mother. However, he sees Kazu as a true friend. He sticks close to his trainer with a loyalty that will never die. When he battles, he does so with all his ability. He constantly seeks to make Kazu proud. The two have a close bond. Aside from that, he doesn't has much of a passion for anything.

Roleplay Sample:
A quiet, but cheerful, Kaz strode through Route 38 with a grin on his face. He left home, in Violet City, a day ago with the bare necessities: A backpack filled with medicines for him, a pair or two of his signature outfit, a few sandwiches from Mom, a handful of extra guitar strings, and a small, rechargeable amp, among other things. You know, the essentials. He had his guitar case strung across his torso diagonally in a cool-ish fashion, although he wasn't intending for it. There seemed to be nothing that could ruin this day! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor...Would you be mine? Could you be mine? The grin widened at the prospect of his new gig: Playing at the new cafe in Olivine, the Ampharos' Tail. The pay would be good, and the chances of getting a record deal would be far greater than his boring old studio-like room back home. It seemed like everything was looking up.

As Kaz strolled along he made sure to avoid the tall grass. He remembered words of wisdom from his father, "Now Kaz, don't go in the tall grass. You'll get attacked by by wild Pokemon, and you and I BOTH know that won't be any fun." His grin turned even wider at the thought. Kaz loved his parents, but they were a bit over-bearing. He was lucky that they let him leave the house. In fact, he had been completely positive that the only reason they let him leave was due to the increase of unsavory figures in places where he liked to frequent. Kaz laughed a bit more as he looked around. It seemed as if he was almost to Olivine. T'would be an amazing time when he get there.

As he stretched his arms out to yawn, he heard a faint cry, "Cue!" "Maro," both of which were followed by jeering voices. Kaz threw down his backpack and placed down his guitar with care, and took off in the direction of the cries. He found a young Cubone and its mother, Marowak, running from a man clad in black. It appeared that he had a mechanical-looking stick that buzzed, probably from electrical energy. Oh no! He hid behind and tree and began to assess the situation. Odds are those Pokemon are innocent...I have to help them. That man's probably evil! He looked around for something he could use, and found a large stick lying on the ground to the left of him. Perfect! He picked up the stick, wielding it with both hands, and jumped out from behind the tree.

He was too little, too late.

The man was beating the Marowak with the stick, the young Cubone standing a few feet behind, wailing as he watched his mother being beaten. The Marowak was defenseless! NO! Kaz charged forward and swung his stick as hard as he could. The man didn't notice the weapon coming for his head until it conked him in the forehead. He fell over, unconscious. Kaz turned to face the Marowak and her son. It was obvious that she wasn't going to make it. No! I'm too late! The young lad secretly cursed himself. I messed up bad... The mother coughed a bit, but managed to turn to the human that had tried to save her life. She gave him a smile, and an approving nod. M-Maro... With that, her head slumped to the ground, and the Cubone began to wail even louder. Unsure of what to do, Kaz grabbed hold of the youngling and began to hold it close, holding it in a compassionate hug.

The Cubone didn't know what was happening, but he could sense the friendliness of the human holding him, and hugged him back, still crying. Kaz smiled and began whispering, "There, there...It's okay. I'm here." He began to hum a melody from a lullaby that his mother had sung him when he was little. Soon enough the young Pokemon began to drift off to sleep, lulled by the soothing tone of Kaz's voice.

Kaz immediately made off for the nearest Pokemon Center, Olivine's, and demanded the healing of the small creature. Of course they said yes, and the Cubone was restored to full health. When Kaz tried to leave, the small Pokemon quickly ran up to him and began clinging to his leg, soliciting a grin from the guitarist. "You wanna go with me, little fella?" The Cubone nodded. Kaz quickly ran over to the PokeMart and purchased a single Pokeball, and tapped the little creature with it. Sure enough it rang out with the approval of the capture.

Days passed as Kaz played at the cafe. He even began to try and teach Cubone, now named Hollow, to play the drums. Word of the pair caught on, and Professor Lyra caught word of the act. She soon asked him to visit him at his office, to which he promptly accepted and made off for the closest ferry.

Last edited:

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Work in progress is in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back