• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
:Ο Hoenn included ??? Souns great !!! Gen III starters are another cool addition ( my favorite ones ) and these new screens are awesome ! Keep it up ;) !!!
Thank you dude!

Sweeet! I love hoenn.

Also, one question: Does this take place after the Events of RSE?
It takes place after - it has to, because in RSE there was no Felith Port connecting the two regions. There are some references to the plot of RSE but it's not central to the main story/game.
Look's like a great hack, unfortunately I hate fakemon so I won't be playing it :(

Looks like a great game but I hate fakemon...

Repitition aside, I have been considering releasing two separate versions, one with fakemon and one with official Pokémon, because the Pokémon community in general seems to be split on hating/liking fakemon. Is that a good idea?

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
Repitition aside, I have been considering releasing two separate versions, one with fakemon and one with official Pokémon, because the Pokémon community in general seems to be split on hating/liking fakemon. Is that a good idea?
Depends. Who do you hack for? The community, or yourself?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
One version with fakemon but make the hack so "live thing" that haters won't even care.

First reaction of those who don't like fakemon, for one odd reason or another, is just seeing that there are fakemon in the hack and then turn away from it. But if you succeed in making the hack so good that it will be a "thing", everyone is bound to recognize it, no matter does it contain fakemon or not.

No, it wouldn't be impossible to make this so good. In fact, I'd see it being rather easy considering what kind of hacks are in player's favour around here...

On the other hand, you could also conceal the appearance of fakemon in the game, and not mention a thing about them in the thread. If someone is pissed off for seeing one, after seeing lots of interesting events made from scratch, and cancels playing the game because of it, it's his/her problem.

Anyway, looking at it from another perspective, if I was in your shoes and knew "my" hack doesn't need fakemon in it, I wouldn't add them in either. No changes, which could make several people dislike the game, shouldn't exist if they don't enhance the gameplay in any way, or serve for any special purpose.

But still, if you have made fakemon for the hack and added some in, I wouldn't start removing them from the game anymore. Yep, they may not be there for any special reason so having them there may be pointless, but if some people really quit playing your hack because of them being around, they deserve having to do that then.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2023
Stumbled on this a few days ago, about when I started working on my first hack, and I really can't wait to play this game!

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years

I think it's a good idea to make 2 versions. ( Lol I dislike fakemon too :P)
EDIT : Also something i forgot to ask will you include the rest of the hoenn because it isn't visible on the map ( no big deal though the mainland of hoenn seems to be ennough )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
IMO, you can add some fakemon, but not that much. Only a couple. As for me, I would prefer new evolution more than new line , but that's totally personnal.

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
The Virtopia looks amazing! I hope you get a beta out soon, I can't wait to test it!

Energys

Australian Legend
Years
Cool down dude there isn't a beta yet.

i can understand his frustration as im reading all this iv'e noticed heaps of people have asked about a download and just ignored by everyone else posting.

Anyway this hack looks great i can't wait till there's a beta out.

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
Years
Looks like a really well done hack. I can appreciate a hack that uses FR tiles, yet still manages to look awesome! I'll be keeping this bookmarked for a future beta release :)

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
You guys, you can't find the download link because it isn't even out yet. Try again?

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
download link plz i looked on all pages i found only the old one can u give us the new one plz

Years
Wow okay, so I didnt realise how many posts this thread had gotten.

So you guys understand, the beta is technically finished in terms of main events.

However, virtopia and the berry juicing competition features are both works in progress. I don't really have much inspiration to finish them at the moment, so I'm gonna ask you guys a question: would you prefer to wait for me to finish these two features, or release a beta that has half of virtopia finished and the berry juicing competition just completely off-limits?

They are the main things holding me back, though I do plan to add some changes to Pokémons movesets, abilities and add new moves so the meta isn't so outdated.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Wow okay, so I didnt realise how many posts this thread had gotten.

So you guys understand, the beta is technically finished in terms of main events.

However, virtopia and the berry juicing competition features are both works in progress. I don't really have much inspiration to finish them at the moment, so I'm gonna ask you guys a question: would you prefer to wait for me to finish these two features, or release a beta that has half of virtopia finished and the berry juicing competition just completely off-limits?

They are the main things holding me back, though I do plan to add some changes to Pokémons movesets, abilities and add new moves so the meta isn't so outdated.

I'd say wait till you finish said things, it would make the beta all the more sweeter.

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Sounds like fun, there going to be the Physical / Special split in the game, by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back