• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire & Ice: An Ubers RMT

Years
  • Good evening!

I , DracoMaster Sweep, am here to present one of my finest creations...and what is frankly one of the greatest teams in the history of ORAS Ubers. With this team, I have amassed a truly incredible 21-1 record (95.45% win rate) and managed to slay one of the greatest Pokemon Trainers of all time, Kingler12345. The team itself is built around an offensive core of Choice Scarf Mewtwo and Calm Mind Arceus-Ice. Its dominance should come as no surprise: after all, I am the Bringer of Life, the Bringer of Death, AND the Bringer of the state of deep unconciousness people claim to visit a higher power before returning back to Earth when they're told it's "not their time yet" when in reality they're just hallucinating.

Arceus @ Icicle Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Judgment
    - Blast Burn
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind

Ice is an amazing offensive typing in Ubers, as many teams pack only one resist to it (or no resists at all). Ice Arceus is a potent mid-game sweeper while providing defensive synergy by checking dragons such as Mega Salamence, Zygarde, and Druddigon. Blast Burn is an optimal coverage move that allows Ice Arceus to destroy Klefki, Aegislash, and Jirachi after a Calm Mind boost. It's more powerful and more accurate than Fire Blast, and Thunder isn't needed as Primal Groudon slams Kyogre anyway. Recover is obligatory to replinish its health as needed.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Origin Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder

Choice Specs Kyogre hits like a truck™, firing off™ powerful Origin Pulses with aplomb™. Hidden Power Ground 2HKOes standard specially defensive Primal Groudon on the obvious switch, Thunder allows Kyogre to check Arceus-Water and defensive Primal Kyogre, and Ice Beam makes Latias very sad. People say Kyogre is no longer relevant, but honestly, they're just jealous of how manly it is.

Groudon @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Precipice Blades
    - Swords Dance
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Claw

Primal Groudon is a decent Pokemon in this metagame. A set with Swords Dance + SR allows it to defeat Defog users like defensive Latias, Water Areceus, and Giratina-O in a 1-1 situation and keep the hazard up throuhout the match. The bulk investment ensures it can effectively check or revenge Geomancy Xerneas once it is weakened. Primal Groudon beats literally (and figuratively) 99% of the Ubers metagame so yea, mine as well use it.

Xerneas @ Life Orb
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Rash Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Moonblast
    - Rock Slide
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Many people use Geomancy Xerneas, but I've never been impressed. Quoting Ubers master and my good friend Alexwofl, "Why is the Geomancy set the first mentioned when it's not even close to being one of Xerneas's best sets?" Close Combat is for fluffy pink blobs that think they can take on Xerneas, but instead wind up having their lunch money and pancreas stolen from them. Rock Slide slams Ho-Oh and nothing else, HP Ground is for Primal Groudon and Aegislash, and Moonblast hits really hard with the Life Orb and Fairy Aura boost.

Sableye @ Sablenite
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Fake Out
    - Foul Play
    - Recover

This is a standard set that sends back SR, Spikes, Status, and pretty much everything under the sun which checking Swords Dance Arceus-Normal. It can also cripple the dangerous Calm Mind Lugia to provide a much needed tertiary check (EVERY Ubers team needs at least three checks to Calm Mind Lugia, or you will lose to Calm Mind Lugia). Although sending Sableye in on Darkrai isn't recommended, as +2 Dark Pulse will murder Sableye, you can certainly try this if you're confident in your ability to outplay the coinflip.

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Psystrike
    - Fire Blast
    - Electro Ball

What this Mewtwo set lacks in power, bulk, and typing, it makes up for in speed. Choice Scarf Mewtwo revenges +2 Xerneas at 50% health or below, and can also revenge +1 Mega Salamence. Once Mewtwo stops Xerneas from sweeping your team, your opponent will probably rage at you. At this point, report them to a moderator and have them locked, furhter ruining their day. The first three moves are mandatory and I like Electro Ball to 2HKO Mega Sableye. Alternatively, Focus Blast can be used in that slot to surprise Tyranitar.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/kC5Ka4up

I hope you liked my RMT! I'd say Smogon did pretty well in naming me tier leader; PTR has taught me so much! Have a slightly above-average evening.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Absolutely flawless team. As an up-and-coming ORAS Ubers player myself, as well as distinguished BW2 Ubers master, I have nothing but praise for you. The one issue I see with your team is your wilful use of broken Pokemon. While you've decided to abstain from using the Uncompetitive™ Mega Salamence, which is a noble move, you've still selected Primal Groudon, which, as esteemed Ubers players such as Disaster Area have been saying for months, is broken. I recommend using something less outrageously broken, such as regular Groudon. That being said, however, your team is excellent. Good job.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't like the idea of Hyper Beam-style moves on anything at all under normal circumstances. Fire Blast is a more consistent alternative. Two Fire Blasts in a row is more powerful than a single Blast Burn, as Ice Arceus will be forced to recharge the next turn. Besides, +1 Fire Blast still 2HKOs Aegislash. While it's true that Blast Burn severely damages Aegislash, it will still survive and Ice Arceus will become setup bait, and Ice's common weaknesses and lack of resistance doesn't help in that regard. While Klefki is indeed OHKOed by Blast Burn (which I admit Fire Blast can't reach), it's generally not that hard to wear down into Fire Blast's KO range:

+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 184-218 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (also after Stealth Rock)

+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 250-296 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (better chance after Stealth Rock, though I still advise against Blast Burn)

+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 268-316 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    sweep I can't tell if you're serious or not

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    This is a very good team that I have learned a lot from.

However what does your team do against the likes of dangerous pokemon such as unburden sceptile, eviolite corphish, and offensive Deoxys defence?
    I recommend Megahorn on Xerneas to counter these threats.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This is a very good team that I have learned a lot from.

However what does your team do against the likes of dangerous pokemon such as unburden sceptile, eviolite corphish, and offensive Deoxys defence?
    I recommend Megahorn on Xerneas to counter these threats.

You do realize that this is an Ubers team, right? None of those things are viable enough in that format.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    This team they seem at me 6 Pokémon random without any strategy of base.

I do not see very well covered in the weak fight, one after a Swords Dance Lucario could really give this team a lot of problems, especially if no longer available Groudon. It is not a lot of difficulty, to fury to retry it is learned us the run to do. Suggests you to give Choice Scarf to Heatran to try to Revenge-Kill it.

Back