• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] AMV Commissions

Years
  • I am a huge fan of AMVs and spend a lot of time trawling youtube looking for them. However, when it comes to making them I would be next to useless as my video editing skills are rubbish. So, I was wondering if there was anyone who does commissions for AMVs or is it an art form done purely as a hobby for one's enjoyment.

Years
  • I've never actually heard of someone doing AMV commissions! I mean...it's been a long time since I've really watched AMVs. In the early 2000s it was just a hobby of people who had editing skills as those were the only ones who could afford video editing programs/the know how of ripping videos from VHS tapes.

I did make some really terrible WMM AMVS back in they day, but I relegate that to an era gone by even if I do know some people make some still. (As well the fact youtube content id hits both footage and music, it would probably make it difficult to dedicate much time to it.)

In terms of this particular fourm, I do not know of anyone recently who has a gallery that showcases their editing capabilities, so I don't think AMV requests would get traction here. In this current age an person who has the skill to edit a good AMV could easily get a job as an editor for various youtube channels, so AMVs would probably just be a hobby for them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This is a good question! I think maybe you'd have better luck asking in Anime & Manga or Computers & Technology though? Like Nina said, I don't think many people here in A&D actually do much in the way of video editing for commissions, personal, or otherwise. But definitely ask in the above sections! Those are the only two I can think of that would apply for your particular request. Normally I'd just move the thread on over myself but sadly I can't move a thread to two sections, so you're going to have to remake it. Sorry about that!

Either way, good luck!

Back