• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tiger, Pokemon Rabbit, and Pokemon Dragon [Currently on hold]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello. I am ready to begin a Pokemon Essentials game project, and hopefully people might be interested in joining!

Pokemon Tiger Version
    Pokemon Rabbit Version
    Pokemon Dragon Version

What is being used to make the game
    RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials.

Background Info
    Just wanted to try my hand at a Pokemon Essentials game for the first time. But there's no way I can do this on my own.

This game is based on the Chinese Zodiac signs of Tiger, Rabbit, and Dragon, so there'll be three versions of the same game.

Story
    A trainer in the Primavera Region is helping Professor Cherry fulfill her dream of making a Pokedex. The trainer also seeks to prove himself/herself by winning Badges and taking on the Pokemon League. But he/she must also beware of the nefarious Team BlackRose.

Features/Gameplay

* All people in the game are nekomimis (yep, catboys and catgirls).
    * All Pokemon are up to 4th Gen (so this was back when Fairy type was still but a twinkle in the game developers' eyes. Heck, even before Black/White came out.)
    * No Safari Zone or wandering Pokemon (wasn't sure how to do a Safari Zone efficiently, and I don't like the wild goose chase that is wandering Pokemon--I believe that you shouldn't make a game harder than it has to be).
    * Making it possible for a complete Pokedex--even the Event Pokemon.
    * Just as in the official games, this will be split into three versions. There is Day/Night, but like FireRed and LeafGreen, this won't affect when you'll face Pokemon. This just is for helping evolve certain ones (like Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon, for instance).
    * More will be revealed when more people become interested in joining.

Progress
    I've forgotten when I started making plans for this, and later ideas. But around mid Feb. 2016, I started doing more typing and sketching.

The rough sketches were all finished around May 17th, 2016.

I tried to post a forum post of the idea, but apparently it must not have met the Forum admins' standards, so I am trying again (hopefully it will fit the rules this time).

As for what percent is done... hard to tell, but I'd have to say between 2-4%, since all I have are sketches, crude maps, and writings (which I'll post when more people are interested.)

Screenshots

None yet, but I do have some rough sketches, and rough draft maps. I am using Spoiler tags so as not to slow down other's computers.

Maps
    Spoiler:

Main Chars:
    Spoiler:

Team BlackRose--the villain team:

Spoiler:

General Trainers
    Spoiler:

Gym Leaders (quotes in parentheses are what their gym signs will say about them)
    Spoiler:

The Elite Four and Champion
    Spoiler:

Credits

Me (CoolTrainerDBoy) for Story and concept sketches.

(More credits will be added once more people join in, and progress is made.)

[Update Jun. 20th, 2016] I'm gonna have to put this project on hold for a while--I plan to do a different game project starting about the start of next month. When that's taken care of, I'll get this project opened up again.

[Update Jun. 28th, 2016] I'm gonna listen to what SpartaLazor said and attempt to do it myself in due time (thought if anyone wants to contribute in a small way to this, they may). I'll just do some other projects to build up experience and self confidence in the meantime. Again, I'll let you all know when I reopen this project.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I need someone to help with making sprites and such. And maybe some of the other artwork. If you seen in my sketches, my art skill is hit-or-miss. And I've only done spriting before with an Adventure Game Studio project, and even that is average at best.

Long story short, at this current point in time, I doubt if I can sprite if my life depended on it. So I'm needing help for my first project.

[Add on] I do have some sprite templates for RPG Maker XP, but knowing my luck, I'd botch it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • After a brief bit of consideration, I've decided to cancel my plans of Pokemon fangames.

Why? Well, even if I did avoid incurring Nintendo's anger, there'd be no way I'd be able to maintain the attention span or energy to try to do so.

Therefore, I'm just gonna focus on my own ideas.

Thank you for understanding.

It is also with a heavy heart I have decided to close down my account here on PokeCommunity. I shall give SpartaLazor my contact information before closing it down officially.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back