• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Unfortunately, one of the ROM Hacking moderators, Manipulation is moving to Spain, where he won't have any internet access, so he has resigned.

Because ROM Hacking has been really active lately, there really need to be 3, or even 4 moderators.
    The higher staff are too lazy to look for yet another new moderator for ROM Hacking, so I've been asked to make this thread.

If anyone is interested in becoming a ROM Hacking moderator, please post here and provide a reason we should choose you as one.
    Should we find you capable of the position, we will interview you via Visitor Messages.

~Your friendly, awesome, magical ROM Hacking moderators, Spherical Ice and Christos.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • I think I might be capable of being a moderator, even though I'm relatively new. I know the rules to the forum and situations when you should close/move/etc a thread. Also, if it helps at all, I'm a moderator of the chatroom of an MMORPG (as well as its forum) called Nowhere Else and Beyond, so I'm experienced with enforcing rules and things of that nature.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hmm I always thought I'd never apply to be a moderator but here goes XD.

I'm very active on the forum, posting quite a bit and always checking out new topics so I have the time to put in. ROM-hacking is the main reason I'm on the forum and its interesting to do, learn, and see what others are doing and so it would nice to have a positive influence on the community.

I used to be a moderator for a Sims 2 forum back in the day when that was popular but that died back last year with the release of Sims 3 D:.

But yeah :3 That's all.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • The day before April fools?

I never considered being a Mod, but it would be nice to finally give something back to PC. If this is actually serious. I'm cynical (can you believe that?).

I've been more sufficiently active since November and over the next coming months will becoming more active due to increased amount of free time. On top of that I follow the rules like a good boy and report naughty people properly using the report button (ask Chibi Chan for proof). I respond maturely and politely, without bias, to conflicts and situations, and using the correct grammar too (though I'm not a grammar nazi and never will be).

I have a passion for ROM hacking; both the creation and playing of. I have prepared the bulk of the content in my hack Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time, a link to which can be found within my signature.

I deliver all comments with a poisonous wit that combines biting sarcasm with deadly seriousness. This allows rule-reakers to know I mean business, while still remembering this is a light-hearted forum.

I am happy to help people who have queries about certain subjects, especially becaude that was the kindness offered to me when I first joined PC.

Hope I havn't sounded too full of myself. It's an application after all.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'd like to apply to be a moderator of this section because I'm very smart, attractive and I get all of the ladies. Oh yeah and I ROM hack too. But those other traits are way more important.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I'd like to apply to be a moderator of this section because I'm very smart, attractive and I get all of the ladies. Oh yeah and I ROM hack too. But those other traits are way more important.

Woah, you're a frontrunner right now!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Well im gonna try. First thing is i'm not really in a Rom hacking anymore but i'm still very active on the forum ( Not really posting).

I must say that my weak point is writting in english. Basicly Rom - Hacking is the reason i joined Pokecommunity. As i said i'm really active on the forum and i was a moderator in one of Pokemon fan pages forum. I know the time when i have to close or move a thread or something. Christos knows me because we were working on a same hack ages ago( this is not really a reason ).

That would be all. Cya *

But kinda sounds like april fools = D

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The day before April fools?

I never considered being a Mod, but it would be nice to finally give something back to PC. If this is actually serious. I'm cynical (can you believe that?).

I've been sufficiently active since November. On top of that I follow the rules like a good boy and report naughty people properly using the report button (ask Chibi Chan for proof). I respond maturely and politely to conflicts and situations, and using the correct grammar too (though I'm not a grammar nazi and never will be). I have a passion for ROM hacking; both the creation and playing of.

Well, Manipulation posted his resignation an hour ago, and since ROM Hacking's becoming more active every day, I had to make this thread as earlier as possible.

After a few days, when a lot of applications are posted, we will be choosing members for interviewing.
    However, promising members, like Luke, will be interviewed earlier.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • Well I Can't say I'll be goo- Wait.... Manipulation!?.....I am not worthy

Anyway. Even thought im not "Active". I stalk the forms quiet a bit Alot.
    I have done some rom hacks and (even though they werent good) I've messed around with crap so i know the real definiton of "Hacking". I also know the rules off by heart for this section so ya.....Also i S talked Destinedjagold alot when he was a mod asking him for advice...Does that count?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well I Can't say I'll be goo- Wait.... Manipulation!?.....I am not worthy

Anyway. Even thought im not "Active". I stalk the forms quiet a bit Alot.
    I have done some rom hacks and (even though they werent good) I've messed around with crap so i know the real definiton of "Hacking". I also know the rules off by heart for this section so ya.....Also i stalked Destinedjagold alot when he was a mod asking him for advice...Does that count?

Well, even if you stalked djg, I guess you couldn't be any worse.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Could i be
    Im like on every day
    and i hack ROMs a lot
    and im socialable ^^

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Even though I don't know much about Rom Hacking I believe that I should be a moderator in this section. I have been on these forums for nearly three years now, I know the rules of the forums and believe that I would do a good job as a moderator in Rom Hacking. I have experience being a Staff Member on other Forums, a Senior Patrol Leader in Boy Scouts so I believe that I can handle being a Moderator.
    Sincerely,
    Usagi-Chan~

P.S. I hope you enjoy Spain Manipulation!

Last edited:

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Even though I'm like 90% sure this is the April Fool's thing, I'll apply anyway.

I think I could be a moderator simply because I'm fair, unbiased, and actually took the time to read the forum rules. Yep.. That's about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    If this isn't an April Fool's joke, I feel that I would be fitting as a mod as I'm active often, am known reasonably around the forum, and am all willing to help new users, as I've went out of my way to do in the past, despite not being a mod or anything. I'm also a mod on the Pokémon World Forums already, so I'm familiar with modding in general. That's mainly it.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • I'll give it a shot. As you can tell I'm tough, but at the same time I'm fair. I'm not one of those jerk mods who think they're the coolest people in the world and constantly abuse mod powers I see on other forums. I've been around for quite some time, and usually visit the forums every single day, so I'm well aware of the ropes here. I don't hold onto grudges, and will try to fix problems instead of just arguing non stop with the person who caused it. I know what a real ROM hack is, but at the same time I'm never against people who are just starting out as long as they try.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to be a moderator. I am quite active on these forums, and I respect people for what they are. I stick to the rules, often helping the moderators with their job. You can ask around, and... Ergh, I'm bragging...

All I will say is that I believe I can be a mod. And I am willing to help with anything regardless of if I get the job or not. I will always help in some way, if I can, so... It may not affect me too much I guess. Would be nice, but not life changing. What am I saying... OK, I am active, I try to be as unbiased as possible, and I try to find solutions to problems, often by helping (or trying to help anyway) as much as possible. I would try my best at anything I am set to do, and I try to make others stick to the rules.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Hi - It's me :)
    Aww, well Manipulation is moving? Thats sad, i wish you a goodbye my friend, and why didnt you tell me over MSN? :@ xD
    Anyway, I guess I'll apply too.
    ---------------------------
    .My Reasons.
    First of all, I am one of the many ROM Hackers, who is working on my own hack, DUH! Secondly, I go on Pokecommunity every day, atleast 5 hours. Even when i have school, 5 hours (Yes I have no life). On days without school, pretty much the whole day. I am, If I say so my self,a reasonably skilled hack:-

Basic Scripting(Still learning to go to Advanced)
    Mapping(I am quite good i guess, I get 7s and 8s on the MRT)
    Graphical things (Still learning)
    Spriting (Every Kind, mostly tiles though)
    Titlescreen Hacking(I guess that comes under Graphics)
    Tile Inserting (I can insert any tile)
    Inserting basic things (OWs, Sprites)

In other words, once I learn advanced scripting, I will be able to make quite an impressive solo hack,sadly, for now, I cant :(

I respect other members and have tryed not to mini-mod (even though it is hard to resist) I follow the rules at all times and if I am made a mod I will make sure that the ROM Hacking section is to run smoothly. Since April 2009, when i joined, I have been unable to resist the urge to go on pc everytime I catch glimpse of a computer or laptop. When I am on holiday, abroad, I always either use my phone or someone else's computer to go on PC. I abide by the law o.o xD

I had my own forum some time ago, it wasnt vbulletin but it was pretty good, it sadly died out after about half a year though, we didnt have any funding or such, and we couldnt keep our members. I was also a mod on a small vbulletin forum called GameSentryx, no-one really posts on it any more so I assume that its in the midst of dying. I am therefore completely familiar with the vbulletin Mod CP.

I am also kind, sweet and perfect in everyway. Well, fine,more in depth? My grammar is optimal and I am helpful but kind. I am not one of those people who want the power only, I want to help people, I will not just make fun of any old n00b, Because I have a soft spot for them. I know how to moderate a forum, and know my way around the forum, I check the ROM hacking section everytime a new post comes up, although i do not always post. but rest assured, I will definetely post (not spam) if i am given this opportunity.

Anyway, I'd absolutely love to be moderator. So please, give me a chance, and you know where to find me, On PC ofcourse (yes I know, Im a kiss-up).

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • i'd love to be one...but i'm not available most hours of the day, and i'd probably be to harsh on people....i would reccomend coolboyman though, and maybe peregrinefrig (or however you spell it)..hope this wasn't forbidden to say.
    Those are just the onese who've already posted here, i have other reccomendations, but i'm not going to volunteer anybody.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd love to be a ROM hacking moderator because people always post that stuff in my sections and I move it here anyway! Nothing would really change and we could be even closer than we already are! ^___^

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

I think we've found our man. :shocked:

Do you offer lessons?

Well, Manipulation posted his resignation an hour ago, and since ROM Hacking's becoming more active every day, I had to make this thread as earlier as possible.

It's... almost as if... you had this thread... prepared!

Could i be
    Im like on every day
    and i hack ROMs a lot
    and im socialable ^^

Oh god, it's another winner. :shocked: You can't help not liking a socialable person.

And this isn't an application... not in the least. I don't even know what room hiking is...

:\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back