• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do "Nices" matter?

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I was wondering what everyone thinks about the "nice" feature. I had to restart my game (it corrupted) and it made me wonder how much people really care about getting a "nice". On my old save I only had around 70 because I never was online because I was training my team, which is now history. lol

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I have close to 200 right now. I always try to give a "Bravo" ("Nice") after each trade, and just randomly when people come online.

I just think it's, well, nice to do :P Also, for trading it lets the person know I'm available.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's not really any way to tell if people care about them or not....other than if you get a Nice! back or by talking about it in a thread like this.

I usually do it after a trade. Don't know how many I have so far; haven't bothered to check.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From time to time, I wind up forgetting that they even exist, unfortunately. Would've been great if there were more to do with these things!

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    From time to time, I wind up forgetting that they even exist, unfortunately. Would've been great if there were more to do with these things!

Yeah, I agree. I do enjoy getting them, though. They make that cool sound. xD

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Um, 'nice' is pretty much the universal entirety of the description for "Nice"s hahaa. They don't seem to matter beyond any personal gratification you receive from getting one, so I suppose it varies person by person.

Also, I had to open the PSS stuff to look at how many I had just because - (right under 150) but I noticed one of the surveys while I was in there.

"What do you want from others?" the options for answering are;

"I want to battle!"
    "I want to trade!"
    "I want you to notice my style!"
    "Check out my Trainer PR video!"
    "Feel free to invite me to something!"
    "Just leave me alone..."

Thank you pokemon; for still giving us the option to be outwardly antisocial! xD Got a good laugh out of that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I'll give out a "Nice" after a particularly good battle or trade, but otherwise I just don't bother with them at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    A lot of people give me nices and I feel bad I can't return the favor because I don't know how to give nice to people. How do you give people nice?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I use it to indicate to a trader that I'm online.

Or after a trade sometimes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    BTW, it says "Congrats" on their birthday. At least I think it's the birthday.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I haven't gotten many Nices, and don't care much for getting them back. It would be nice to see a feature like this used better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I have close to 200 right now. I always try to give a "Bravo" ("Nice") after each trade, and just randomly when people come online.

I just think it's, well, nice to do :P Also, for trading it lets the person know I'm available.

How are you able to tell how many you have? (Are you just guessing or is there an actual way to check is what I am asking)

I like getting random "Nice" from people, makes you feel nice... but I give Nice to people I see on PSS that's location is one you don't see too often like Poland.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • How are you able to tell how many you have? (Are you just guessing or is there an actual way to check is what I am asking)

I like getting random "Nice" from people, makes you feel nice... but I give Nice to people I see on PSS that's location is one you don't see too often like Poland.

If you go into your own Profile, it tells you. You know that screen with the O-Powers, WonderTrade, etc.? Click right and it'll say Profile, and it'll show you all your stars :)

Years
  • I have 61... I always give a "Nice" after a good battle / trade :) And I always give a "Congrats" when it's someone's b'day!

Years
  • I did not know you could check how many you have until this thread. I usually get them after randomly giving out O powers and think it's a nice gesture on their part.

Years
  • I don't think it matters in terms of making a difference to anything but it's certainly a "nice" feature :)

I think I've chalked up about 39 at the moment, mostly from Wonder Trades I'm guessing although I've no way of knowing for sure and also from the times I've battled with people :)

I usually give them out after every every battle as well or if one of my favourite Pokémon come through Wonder Trade :)

I think the only thing I'd change about the system is being able to figure out how many you've given, as well who's given you the ones you've received :)

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I mainly use them to show gratitude to traders if I'm not already speaking to them on my computer at the time. And sometimes I give them out to people with funny profile messages.

I also always give congrats to birthday people, because I found out they'll receive a Global Link medal if I do that.

Years
  • I heard the amount of 'nice' you get affects your shiny encounter rate.

XD just playin.
    I always give a 'nice' after a trade to show my appreciation for the pokemon received. Also if I'm online and waiting on someone to trade with me and we have never traded before, I give them a 'nice' so it draws attention to me and they can request the trade when they are ready.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Well my best friend's cousins girlfriends dad works at Nintendo and he said if you get to 1000 nice points you will be able to battle professor oak and he will give you 999 Master balls.

In all serious I have no idea.

Back