• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] PBS files can't compile

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Hello everyone!
    I made some trainers for the RPG game and when I tried open the game showed this Error:

Spoiler:

I don't know what I can do to fix this, please, help me with the problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Could you be more precise?

Post some screenshots and tell us what were the changes made to the scripts section.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    Could you be more precise?

Post some screenshots and tell us what were the changes made to the scripts section.

I can't post images because this is my first post but the game only shows the message I posted when I try to play (from the RPG).
    When I try to play directly, the game shows: " ????? 'Scene Intro' ? 78 ????? Name Error ?????
    uninitialized constant IntroEventScene:: PBSpecies

I don't know what are the changes, the last thing I made was a gym with trainers, until then the game worked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    When I try to play directly, the game shows: " ????? 'Scene Intro' ? 78 ????? Name Error ?????
    uninitialized constant IntroEventScene:: PBSpecies

I believe this error pops up because your game could not compile correctly when you launched it in RMXP. And you game cannot compile because of the first error you mentionned.

You have to fix the first error: I'm not sure about this one, but did you check your PBS file trainers.txt/trainertypes.txt for any potential mistyping when defining the trainers of your gym?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    I don't see any error in the PBS files.

This is trainers.txt:

Spoiler:

trainertypes.txt:

Spoiler:

trainerlists.txt:

Spoiler:

And this is the Script "PokemonOrgBattle" (Lines 89 to 105) the RPG says the problem is in line 89 but I don't see the error:

Spoiler:

Thanks for your help

Years
  • I am not one for giving advice TO someone, I'm making a fangame myself, and never "attempted" to solve someone else's problems,

But, I DID notice in your trainers.txt you have ruin maniacs and hikers. to make ruin maniacs in the game, in trainertypes.txt, you're supposed to have something like this:

Spoiler:

Sorry if this didn't help, like I said, this is the FIRST post I've ever written to help someone else.

Also, have you edited any of those .txt documents the trainerlists.txt show? If not, go into each one, and delete all of the contents. A similar error happened to me, and that's how I solved it.

P.S. If I actually solved your problem, and reply like thanks or something like that, I'd appreciate it. :)

Back