• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Video Game Quote game!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It's from Final Fantasy 13. Something Lightning says to Orphan just before the final boss fight iirc.

Dark Souls? I think it's Dark Souls.
    Oh! This is from Dark Souls but I can't remember which one......I THINK it's Aldia from Dark Souls 2? Goddamn you Ninja Poster.
    You two are correct.

And for the next line:

"It's really quite simple. I am you. Our only difference is the decisions we've made...."
    probably my favorite line in the game

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Fire Emblem, I think. Or is it Bravely Default?

(Gonna try my last quote again to see if someone gets it)
    "Greed... A perfect example of human nature."

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • I honestly have no idea, so i'm gonna throw a cat and say Breath of Fire.

"After all, you can't judge your treasure by its chest. It's the booty inside that counts."

Wow, that sounds wrong.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • My lord, reading this thread makes me feel like I've never played but two games before. I'm going to have to guess a Mortal Kombat game?

"I'm rackin my brain trying to think of a name for that diamond pony I bought. I was gonna call it '****-for-brains' in honor of you but that just feels immature. Maybe...Butt Stalion?"

The previous post from PPC aka Boosted monkey extraordinaire is coming from Krieg the psycho, who says the lines whenever his skill Raving Retribution activated but not on the more recent and current patches where gearbox sort of weeded them out for unknown reasons.

Then of course there's Handsome Jack's ever lovely quote at your first journey fighting your way through the Southern Shelf while you kill bandits on the way. Quality trashtalk i say.

OT:

Jin Kazama. One of his quotes vs Yoshimitsu in SFXTekken

This one should be easy enough...
    ONE LINERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • That's not a video game quote. It's from philosophers and stuff....

"maybe all they needed is, i dunno... some good food, some bad laughs, some nice friends.."

Last edited:

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • @ScoSap, the quote I did comes from Star Wars Republic Commando

Now for the quote above, I don't think I know what it comes from

Now for the one I will do today

"Bologna is perfect fuel for killing tiny cowards!"

Wow, seriously? I'm literally amazed you don't get it. Yours is Team Fortress, btw.

I'm just gonna post it again.
    "maybe all they needed is, i dunno... some good food, some bad laughs, some nice friends.."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Undertale, of course!

latest

"The only thing pure in this world is enmity!"

No one's probably going to get mine, but w/e

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • No clue.

Here's one from my nightmares

"Guys, the Thermal Drill. Go get it!"

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I assume that's Payday, but I haven't actually played it.

"We're all lit up! Is it Christmas?"

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Batman Arkham Asylum:

The Joker: [Over the P.A. system] Tell me Bats. What are you really scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Uhmmm yeah The Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum, a Scarecrow related mission.

Here's one that's particularly obscure, at least for those who aren't 90s raised.

"War is not in human nature. Humans fight by making themselves enter insanity. It is...the same for revenge. This is a tool to amplify the insanity. And this insanity is the source of the power of Dragoons, the Dragon Knight. Someday, something will happen, and if you cannot chasten your insanity, I wonder if you will be able to endure it, given the size of your spirit?"

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • tumblr_lylpzhVKzw1qgmnq8o1_500.gif

Simon's Quest... is dumb, and, it's stupid, and... it's stupid. And it's dumb.

"This is no place for a horse."

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm guessing Portal 2

"I've been working undercover with Civil Protection. I can't take too long or they'll get suspicious. I'm way behind on my beating quota."

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Barney in Half Life 2

Now this should be easy considering I'll be leaving an obvious clue:

"I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE SET YOU UP WITH A SPONSOR BEFOREHAND, BUT I'M F**KIN DISORGANIZED AND WAS BUSY SUPLEXING A SHARK WEARING A BOLO TIE WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN SETTING UP SPONSORS. YOU MAY ASK, "WHO WAS WEARING THE BOLO TIE, YOU OR THE SHARK? ANSWER: YES!"

"A LOT OF PEOPLE BEEN ASKING ME WHY MY VOICE BEEPS ALL THE F*CKIN TIME. POKECOMMUNITY'S ADMINS WIRED MY VOICEBOX WITH A DIGITAL CENSOR SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SH*T, C*CK, OR P*SSY F*CKIN' D*CKBALLS! THATS HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY, IT'S GODDAMN BULLSH*T!"

Back