• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Hm, maybe try this?

pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::DEINO,5)
pbPokemonFollow(1)

Still doesn't work, I get the same error message but with a slightly different script (which is the one you told me to write). Also, that "1" shouldn't be the ID of the dependent event?

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Still doesn't work, I get the same error message but with a slightly different script (which is the one you told me to write). Also, that "1" shouldn't be the ID of the dependent event?

Well, I just tried it out and it worked for me. Can you take a screenshot of your event and then the error as it appears in game?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Here they are!

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Here they are!

Hm, I have a suggestion. Instead of using an Poké Ball, why not try to actually have Deino's overworld placed there? I don't know what the actual event entails, but the reason mine worked is perhaps due to the fact that the Pokémon are already there. Here is what my event looks like. Here, the player has encountered the grass starter and has the option of choosing it. Maybe give that a shot?

Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
And is the id of your event for the starter called dependent or it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Hm, I have a suggestion. Instead of using an Poké Ball, why not try to actually have Deino's overworld placed there? I don't know what the actual event entails, but the reason mine worked is perhaps due to the fact that the Pokémon are already there. Here is what my event looks like. Here, the player has encountered the grass starter and has the option of choosing it. Maybe give that a shot?

I tried that and it showed the same error message. I changed the "1" from the second script and changed it to the Starter's event id and it showed this error message (I don't remember if it's the same as the other):

Spoiler:

Can you explain how your event for the starter works?

Years
I tried that and it showed the same error message. I changed the "1" from the second script and changed it to the Starter's event id and it showed this error message (I don't remember if it's the same as the other):

Spoiler:

Can you explain how your event for the starter works?

I have a video up on my channel explaining how to add this script to pokemon essentials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcDs6rXZ1C8

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
I have a video up on my channel explaining how to add this script to pokemon essentials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcDs6rXZ1C8

In the video' description, you mentioned you forgot to explain I had to replace this:

# Closes the evolution screen.
def pbEndScreen
Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(@sprites["msgwindow"])
pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
end

with this:

def pbEndScreen
@viewport.dispose
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
end

Though I didn't find the "def pbEndScene". What Script Editor page is it on? And btw, how do you get that search box? I need to search as you do on the video so my dumb brain can understand.

Years
In the video' description, you mentioned you forgot to explain I had to replace this:

def pbEndScreen
@viewport.dispose
end

with this:

def pbEndScreen
@viewport.dispose
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
end

Though I didn't find the "def pbEndScene". What Script Editor page is it on? And btw, how do you get that search box? I need to search as you do on the video so my dumb brain can understand.

lol, the script section is "PokemonEvolution" to get the search box just either right click in the script sections part and click find or press : ctrl+shift+f.
what this does is change the following sprite after the pokemon has evolved, for some reason its not mentioned on the first page tutorial

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
lol, the script section is "PokemonEvolution" to get the search box just either right click in the script sections part and click find or press : ctrl+shift+f.
what this does is change the following sprite after the pokemon has evolved, for some reason its not mentioned on the first page tutorial

Now the game doesn't even load! It shows this:

Script 'FollowingPokemon' line 187: SyntaxError occurred.

I compared script of that line to the video's, the main thread's, venom12' post's but it looks the same (I think):

if events && events[8]=="Dependent"

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? AM I UGLY? AM I FAT? I DUNNO WHAT TO DO!!!
Can you help?

Years
Now the game doesn't even load! It shows this:

Script 'FollowingPokemon' line 187: SyntaxError occurred.

I compared script of that line to the video's, the main thread's, venom12' post's but it looks the same (I think):

if events && events[8]=="Dependent"

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? AM I UGLY? AM I FAT? I DUNNO WHAT TO DO!!!
Can you help?

lol, did you make sure to chose show printable version, because if not the formatting breaks the code

Years
Kcgcrazy, when you change anything in the script editor, does that affect the 'Scripts' file that comes with essentials? And if yes, how can I reset the scripts back to the default?
yes it does, and to re set it back to before just re download v14 or whatever version you are using and just copy and replace the scripts file in your current folder with the original one, remember always make a backup of your sscript file whenever changing anything in case you cant remember what you changed or if you want to go back to an older version of the scripts u had

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
"Script 'Game_Player_' line 496: NoMethodError occurred
undefined method `dependentEvents' for nil:NilClass"

Help?

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Could someone upload a fresh copy of Essentials v15 with this script fully implemented?

My files have been crashing and it's a pain every time to add it again.

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Hey can you please help me? In "Following Pokemon" there is apparently a syntax error in line 187: "if events && events[8]=="Dependent"". Do you know what I did wrong? Please help.

Years
Hey can you please help me? In "Following Pokemon" there is apparently a syntax error in line 187: "if events && events[8]=="Dependent"". Do you know what I did wrong? Please help.

make sure to select "show printable" version of the page because the way the site formats things breaks the scripts

Back