• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [v13+] Type Quiz

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    gif.gif
    screen.png
    screen2.png
    screen3.png

Type quiz minigame where the player must guess the multiplier of a certain type effectiveness in a certain type combination. You can use it by a normal message choice or by a scene screen. The proportion of correct answers are made in way to every answer will have the same amount of being correct.

Link

Tested on Essentials v13 and v21.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    This is totally not going to go inside a Pokemon school and not going to give you something for doing well.

Thank you FL.

Years
  • Nice script, not game-changing but still can be used in some ways. Might use it in some kind of contest or in Pokeschool. Ty. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Nice script, it can be quite useful in teaching people the type effectiveness. I might use it in my game.

I made a small addition to your script which adds three different modes; single type only, double type only, and mixed. I can send the modified script to you, or post it here with your approval.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    For some reason i liked alot this my script and played several times.

Nice script, it can be quite useful in teaching people the type effectiveness. I might use it in my game.

I made a small addition to your script which adds three different modes; single type only, double type only, and mixed. I can send the modified script to you, or post it here with your approval.
    Neat idea! Feel free to post here!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Here's the entire script, with the code for the different 'difficulty levels' included.

Spoiler:

As described in the comments at the start;
    use the script command 'TypeQuiz.scene(X,Y)' then replace X with the total number of questions and Y with the desired difficulty (or remove ',Y' to use the defaulth). For the difficulties:
    0 = only single type questions
    1 = mixed questions (defaulth, as in the original script)
    2 = only double type questions

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    If I added another type in types.txt, how do I make it show up in the quiz? And is there a way to make it so that the quiz is based off of one type? For instance, a researcher has just discovered the Fairy type and quizzes you on your knowledge on it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Change
    Code:
        TYPEAVALIABLE = [:NORMAL,:FIGHTING,:FLYING,:POISON,:GROUND,
            :ROCK,:BUG,:GHOST,:STEEL,:FIRE,:WATER,:GRASS,:ELECTRIC,:PSYCHIC,
            :ICE,:DRAGON,:DARK]
    to
    Code:
            :ICE,:DRAGON,:DARK,:FAIRY]

Change Graphics/Pictures/types image too.

To force for some type always appears while Switch 85 is on, change line 'while(@result!=answer)' to:

Code:
          typeAlways = getID(PBTypes,:FAIRY)
          while(@result!=answer || ($game_switches[85] && typeAlways!=@attackType && typeAlways!=@defense1Type && typeAlways!=@defense2Type))

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Change
    Code:
            :ICE,:DRAGON,:DARK]
    to
    Code:
            :ICE,:DRAGON,:DARK,:FAIRY]

Change Graphics/Pictures/types image too.

To force for some type always appears while Switch 85 is on, change line 'while(@result!=answer)' to:

Code:
          typeAlways = getID(PBTypes,:FAIRY)
          while(@result!=answer || ($game_switches[85] && typeAlways!=@attackType && typeAlways!=@defense1Type && typeAlways!=@defense2Type))

This is most useful. Thanks a ton, FL!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Updated to Essentials v21.1.

Back