• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime Opening Theme Song

pkmin3033

The best, singular? Going to have to go with Dimension Tripper, the opening to Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation. I love the song, and the entire opening sequence; the second one used in particular.

If we're allowed to pick more than one...hoo boy. Pretty much anything by Ali Project, Kalafina, and the Zetsubou Sensei cast is going to appear in my post if so.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • I know I talk about Fairy Tail a lot, heck I even run the FT club on here, but that's because it's one of the few animes I've watched and it's one of 2 I've ever finished/caught up on. Overall it's my favorite anime I've watched, so of course I'm gonna have to pick from FT openings, which is really hard for me. Out of the 22 that are out, I'd say openings 1, 3, 4, 9, 13, and 18 are the best. Out of those, I'd have to narrow it down opening 3 being the best, although 4, 13, and 18 are my top 3 favorites.

Edit:

I'm starting to think 18 is better, but maybe that's just my mood. My perception of good music tends to change with my moods.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Oh, you kill me with the choice, but if I absolutely have to...
    Oh man, it's been such a long time since I watched that. Though I like the Stone Cold OP more since it stuck with me all this time, while I don't remember your song at all. I don't think I remember the show either, other than MCs obsession with collecting rocks. And gg's changing everyone's name into Final Fantasy characters, so MC was sometimes Squall, sometimes Ramza. Good times.

As for my choice, I'd pick Shin Mazinger Z's first opening, which is probably my favorite Jam Project song used for anime (their Garo songs are pretty good too, and of course Super Robot Wars themes)

I'll also have to include my retro pick as well, since the 80s were pretty crazy with catchy openings
    Spoiler:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I saw this OP and was like this show gonna be good, and it was

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I have a few favorite openings overall, but out of the new spring anime, the one in Bungou Stray Dogs is really good in my opinion (I am only watching a few from spring, but whatever).

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Out of all the openings I've liked over the years, this one is most consistently my favorite (bar my love for Kantai Collection).

Honorable mentions to Owari no Seraph's first opening, anything GARNiDELiA, and anything Kalafina.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    There's so many anime openings I love, It's really hard to choose just one.

I will say both Shingeki No Kyoujin's openings, just because Linked Horizon is a side project of the founder of Sound Horizon which is currently one of my favorite "bands" (if we can call Sound Horizon that hahaha) ^^

Years
  • I've been loving the heck out of the OP for Line Offline Salaryman

EDIT; I can't get the dang video to work. ,__,
    So here's the link in case any one's curious enough to want to watch it one youtube.

Last edited:

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • This will probably come off as a very generic choice to you guys - but imho, the song and art style really left an impression on me.

Back