• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dont you think its very slow?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    In one week only one pokemon episode is aired. Don't you think it's really long time between two Episodes? And when they decide not to air any episode in some week? If your crazy about the anime you can understand :D so don't you think that more episodes should be aired in a week? And how many and when would u want? Discuss

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    It is standard for most television shows to air only one new episode a week and have some off weeks during the year. For children's cartoons there will usually be a new episode only some weeks and one or two weeks of new episodes every day but then a long period of no new episodes. It also depends on how many episodes there are in a season and what the schedule is for writing, editing, dubbing, etc.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's very common for most television programs to air a new episode every few weeks. Pokémon has always been a bit slow to air new episodes, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Monday to Thursday new Episodes would be great :D

That just wouldn't be possible. Anime has such short lead time between production and airing. In some cases, episodes are in danger of not being finished by the time they're supposed to air. It takes longer to make a single episode of animation than anything else so it needs more lead time.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I thought this would be about filler episodes. I remember doing the calculations that between Ash beating Morty and them just arriving in Olivine, it was about 20 episodes.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • We could have two episodes per week but...

Your going to have to put up with this sort of animation/art quality.

Ore no twin tail TV vs Blue Ray
    ax-1.png

Act 9 of Mekakucity Actors TV vs Blue Ray
    d539acfca37f44dfd2614d8086b1c70f1430369316_full.jpg

Studios need time to make every anime look and flow good. They only have five days to animate... some anime also have previews on their end cards which they animate in advance. Just imagine the work load... Animation studios tend to run their staff ragged to meet dead lines. The examples above, are extreme examples of this (studios cutting corners so episodes don't go over budget for time and money.)

We never see beautiful scenes (Like the one in Musiques signiture lol) if they release two episodes a week.

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
    Years
  • ^ I don't think I'm watching the same show when TV versus BD is so vastly different.

When Japan anime quality is like that, it just urge me to stop watching TV, and rather wait to buy and watch on BD/DVD when it comes in better quality despite may be later hence way past the trend already.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As stated, mostly every TV show only shows 1 episode a week. And most season only last for about 3 months, only having 12 to 26 episodes per season. Japan follows the actual seasons, which is why most animes only last a few months until the next year. With Pokemon, we get 1 episode mostly every week, other than with holidays. For example, pokemon is taking a break this week due to a few days long holiday going on.

The start of the Sinnoh Saga on Cartoon Network was showing 8 to 10 episodes a week and then suddenly changed it back to 1 episode a week, which I think 1 a week is better. It doesn't feel like I am drowning in it.

So for the most part, Pokemon goes 4 times faster than most animes and normal shows. So I think it is fine.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think the airing time is too slow. But I do think that many episodes are way too fillery d: That's always been the case in the pokémon anime afaik. They want to show off many pokémon from their current gen, so they make episodes that don't always further Ash's story, but rather just feature different pokémon a lot. I guess it works for them, but it does make the overall progress seem a bit slow imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think the airing time is too slow. But I do think that many episodes are way too fillery d: That's always been the case in the pokémon anime afaik. They want to show off many pokémon from their current gen, so they make episodes that don't always further Ash's story, but rather just feature different pokémon a lot. I guess it works for them, but it does make the overall progress seem a bit slow imo.

I agree. Pokemon can't really have too deep of a storyline unless they do it from start to finish. The way Pokemon is set up, they have to know with a generation ends and they can't really work on a solid story like other animes.

I think they wanted to make Pokemon BW extremely Story oriented, but when the Plasma Episodes were canceled, they probably had to throw out a large amount of plans for the BW Saga.

The shows is basically to show off the new pokemon in promote the games. There really isn't much more to it.

If they would make a pokemon anime that didn't follow the games, manga, and was completely original for pokemon, they would get a chance to be like other animes.

Pokemon already has more episodes that almost every single show that I know off on TV, because it promotes the games and they almost constantly have a new episode coming out every week. So as I said earlier, it is already much faster than other shows. (This doesn't count Game Shows, Talk Shows, and the like.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Maybe too slow, but it's standard at all, especially for anime. It's a matter of habit, I think.

Back