• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

Do you guys like platformers or totally despise 'em, like me? :P

I suck at Mario and all games where you have to jump onto things and not fall down. xD Honestly, I'm horribuu, Lmao.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Hey, guys:

I suck at Mario and all games where you have to jump onto things and not fall down. xD Honestly, I'm horribuu, Lmao.

I am too. I hate platformers. It was was the portion of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja that killed me more than rogue ninjas or Gaara's

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It depends on the game. For instance, I'm a fan of the Mario series and love games like Megaman and Spelunky (both of which are action games, but they definitely have heavy platforming elements). I'm not quick to jump to a Platformer, though, it takes a very unique type of game to get me to play...well, it just can't be generic. Wario Land, Giana Sisters, Eryi's Action, they all work to create their own identities, and those are the types of Platformers that I really look for.

Outlier

The first two Banjo Kazooie games are the best platformers of all time. Try those out if you haven't already.

Nakala Pri

I watched my brother play Banjo Kazooie, the first two ones, they looked pretty fun. :P

But I'm just not a good Platformer player, I suck. xD But that's okay, I highly make up for it in Pokemon battles and running people over, Lmao.

TY

Tactical Ops was great back in the day. Always enjoyed it more than CS despite the popularity difference.

OMG YES :D

I just found the graphics hilarious, but the gameplay is just making up for that so much.
    I found a secret passasge in the CIA map which i always use xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hey, guys:

It's my favorite genre.
    I personally consider platforming to be the purest genre in video game. As in, to me, there's nothing more "video game" than platformer.

Why? Because to make a good platformer all you need is solid game and level design. You can throw out everything else, as long as you have those two you're set. But then it's about working to your limitation, and it takes a very special kind of level and game design to make a truly amazing platformer (such as New Super Mario Bros U, or Wario Land 4, or Rayman Origins). Platformer also lends itself to mix with different genres, such as puzzle (Wario Land, DK94/Mario vs DK), action/shooter (Mega Man, Jak and Daxter 2/3), open world (Mario 64, Jak and Daxter), adventure/path finding (Metroid), fighters (Smash Bros), whatever (Tearaway), etc. Should be about time for an RPG platformer as well lol.
    The first two Banjo Kazooie games are the best platformers of all time. Try those out if you haven't already.
    Not even the best of its time (Crash 2) or its system (Mario 64). I hardly call them platformers anyway, more like collectathons.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    At least Mario Kart 8 is gonna get a media blowout, considering how its a spring title. I want at the least mission mode back, that thing was so good on the DS.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My biggest disappointment with Mario Kart 7. :(

Where's my mission mode god dammit. And the old Balloon Fight mode as well, the new one sucks!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That's what broke my heart. MK7 is the first one I haven't bought, simply for being so sparse in content. MK8 is a tricky one though, cause the HD graphics combined with the anti-gravity is too tempting. But if they skimp me out on the god damn mission mode agai....

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Transformers for the PS2. I've heard its the best Transformers game, and that's not a wrong opinion. Brutal, but fair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back