• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Hunting on emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I just bought a flashcard for my DSi so I can play GBA games on it.
I really like shiny hunting on it, and my question is: Can I still shiny hunt on the games when I'm playing them on the emulator of the Supercard DSTWO?
Because the problem is, the Real Time Clock doesn't work in FireRed and LeafGreen and I want to know if this has something to do with finding shinies trough Soft Reseting and Random Encountering. Thanks for the anwers. =3

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
If I can remember correctly, it really doesn't affect it in any way nor does it had to do with SR or random encounter, in fact FR & LG doesn't have a real time clock.

Last edited:
Years
If I can remember correctly, it really doesn't affect it in any way nor does it had to do with SR or random encounter, in fact FR & LG doesn't have a real time clock.

Ok, and you're right. Only R/S/E have that in fact. But I think you will get the message that the internal battery has run dry when I'm gonna play Sapphire on the emulator, then it will have effect on encountering shinies trough SR and RE, isn't?

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
Ok, and you're right. Only R/S/E have that in fact. But I think you will get the message that the internal battery has run dry when I'm gonna play Sapphire on the emulator, then it will have effect on encountering shinies trough SR and RE, isn't?
Even with that, the chances of SR or RE is not increased nor decreased.
Edit: In fact, you can actually google the effects when the internal battery had ran dry.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good luck with that. In the future, please as questions about emulators in the Emulation forum. This forum is for the actual games.

seedbbylock.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back