• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hooray! I made a cursor in my sig :D ! What a proud achievement.
Also, can you create too CSS' by eachothers side, I tried it in my sig and it placed it on a new line.
I tried floating it but I think it's an entirely different code.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
the first one, i'll try the second one too.
why didn't that occur to me :s ?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
tried both, and neither worked :?

I've got every code I've seen in this thread written down on a pad of paper next to me :) ,
it was there, but I only made the first one float :P

I've got every code I've seen in this thread written down on a pad of paper next to me :) ,
it was there, but I only made the first one float :P

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
This isn't really a problem, but more of a query. Is there some sort of code which allows you to change text decoration? Like, I know that you can automatically make it bold and stuff, but is there something, like when you make something bold, it makes it a different colour as well.

Years
You can already do that with bbcode [color] and [b], right? I mean, >this is bolded and in a different color

Unless you're talking about something
this

Where the strikethrough has a color in the first word but not the second, because of the ordering of bbcode.

If this doesn't help, then would you mind elaborating? Your question's kind of vague in my view.

Years
In CSS, using color:#000000 gives you black text (or white text - I forget which color is which hex code). You can probably figure it out from there. It's separate from the text-decoration property.

For example:

[div="text-decoration:blink;color:#0000ff;"]Example text.[/div]

Gives you this:

Example text.

Also, you cannot use text-decoration to bold text. Just so you know.

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Can someone tell me how to do this:
attachment.php

Years
Can someone tell me how to do this:
attachment.php

The person who created that is probably not willing to share their CSS template, so I won't attempt to imitate it for you.

You also shouldn't be asking outright for code. Why don't you try experimenting with the CSS posted in this thread in PMing yourself or in your own signature? I've even got sample syntax in my post just above yours to create the following:

Example text.

Blinking text is annoying, though, so don't use it in a signature and avoid using it in posts. Also, all CSS properties go inside the quotation marks after the equals sign in the [div=""]opening tag. Don't forget to close it with a [/div] tag after all the text/images you want affected by it are inside the two tags.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
Years
On the background/text colors, do you need to use both the color name AND the hex? Say #ff9900, would you have to say orange with it?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I have a few questions. The semi-transparent bar for links and such in my sig, I want it at the bottom.

Also how do you make a help cursor and have it show something when you scroll over it?

And in the PPN CSS tut it says there is a code to round images and boxes. Could somebody tell me where to put this in my code? At what part? I want the semi-trans bar to be rounded as well as the image.

If someone could give me the codes or link me somewhere to find the info I would be happy. And on the second one could you give an example.

Here is my sig.
Code:
[div=" color: white;cursor: crosshair; background-image:url("http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/120/3/f/sasuke2_by_xyr1n-d3fadbp.png"); width: 400px; height: 200px;"][div="width: 400px; height: 10px;"][div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: solid 2px #8B0000; font-variant: small; color: #000000; background-color: #FF0000; opacity: 0.8;"][CENTER]My name is Tanner-Add Xyr1n on XBL-[URL="http://www.twitter.com/xyrin"]My Twitter[/URL]-[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Years
For that bar, use a div with a transparent image as the background with dimensions that match where you want it positioned. That'll get it right where you want it.

That help cursor is actually implemented in BBCode. [title=Rain]Weather[/title] creates: Weather

You'd put that where you put the rest of your CSS. Remember to use both -webkit-border-radius and -moz-border-radius so it appears the way you want it to in as many browsers as possible.

There are plenty of codes strewn throughout this thread. Read through it to see if you skipped over anything that would actually help.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well first of all, that's a staff collab, made by Abnegation, so you would need his permission before actually using it. Maybe instead of requesting a CSS signature to be made for you, you could try experimenting and making one for yourself. :)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
For that bar, use a div with a transparent image as the background with dimensions that match where you want it positioned. That'll get it right where you want it.
Wait, by transparent you mean opacity not the actual image being transparent? That kinda confused me. I tried to make an image that was 400x190 and position it top with opacity 0.0.

Did I do it wrong?

Years
Wait, by transparent you mean opacity not the actual image being transparent? That kinda confused me. I tried to make an image that was 400x190 and position it top with opacity 0.0.

Did I do it wrong?

Yeah. I did actually mean a completely transparent image, though opacity works, too, I guess. But you need to put the div it is inside BEFORE the div that has your text and links. And set your div to those dimensions.

Last edited:
Back