• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HYPOCRISY.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Be honest here - what are some things that you absolutely hate people doing, but know full well that you do yourself? Why do you dislike these things, and why do you do them?

A very minor one of mine is typing entirely in lower case. It kinda bothers me because I feel like when people do it they're just trying to show how ~cool~ and ~indifferent~ they are and how the discussion doesn't even warrant the use of their shift key aaaaaand then I go and do it in any post that I don't really feel like putting effort into. Then I read it back and get annoyed at how bad I feel like it looks, haha. ): In reality I know this isn't really the case at all because it's just posts on a forum on the internet and I'm looking too much into it but still. What about you guys? (they don't have to be online things by the way, this was just the first thing that popped into my head)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • A very minor one of mine is typing entirely in lower case. It really bothers me because I feel like when people do it they're just trying to show how ~cool~ and ~indifferent~ they are and how the discussion doesn't even warrant the use of their shift key aaaaaand then I go and do it in any post that I don't really feel like putting effort into. Then I read it back and get annoyed at how bad I feel like it looks, haha. ):
    that's supremely fucking interesting, pal!

w/r/t things that I do that I hate when other people do, I'm oftentimes not straight with people face to face because I don't like people being disappointed with me and I find it kind of hard to apologize to someone in person for whatever reason, but I hate when people hide things from me to "protect my feelings," you know what I'm sayin. that sucks. there's definitely others, but this is the only one that pops into my head immediately. oh wait also when people sing in public when there's no music happening at all. I do this and I feel bad because I'm not a good singer.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • it's okay maccrash i still love you

e: got dam. I guess it's okay with not-srs posts.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • wow lots of threads where you can indirectly call people out lately, huh

When people just have to get the last word in, even though the conversation has been going in circles for ages. Or, if their "last word" is some snarky response because they're too pressed to actually think of something relevant.

I don't do that quite so often. If I can't win an argument, or I don't want to argue anymore because it's been... going in circles for ages, I'll usually just say so and leave it be. But if the discussion really irks me, I'll probably never stop until the person finally gives up.

Being stubborn blows, man.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I guess it would be music. I always hate when people have their music cranked up really loudly. Whether it's in the car or on their headphones, yet I'm known to have mine up so loud that I couldn't hear a fucking needle dropping. I just like it this way because I don't like noisy distractions.

Years
  • I think what I hate is when my family is always telling me not to get upset or mad at them, or in my brother's case, call him names, and yet they did it to me pretty frequently back in 2008 or so before my brother left for college. I don't have as much of that to put up with on my own, good riddance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hypocrisy is the bane of my existence. I hate it with every fiber of my being. However, because we are human, we are prone to making mistakes that can be considered hypocritical. Because of this, I try not to give people a hard time about it. If we can acknowledge and apologize for doing or saying something that came off hypocritical then it's cool. However if someone is aware of their hypocrisy and is proud of it, then they can happily fuck off.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Of course. People who doesn't have the guts to be blunt. You hate me?, Then fucking say it!, Did I make a mistake?, Then say it!. I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to ask "Why?" and after your answer, I'm going to avoid you.

But on the other side, I'm not that blunt because it's something really dangerous. People gets angry, you know?.
    Thank you! On so many occasions I see people struggling to say what they're thinking and it just blows my mind what isn't fucking connecting. -Insert work/school-related drama bullshit here-

Maybe it's because every time they do they come out as 100% full of themselves and it's so glaringly obvious it's funny. So they just keep their mouths shut so they don't look like the idiots they are.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I absolutely hate it when people do hypocritical things... but if I do something hypocritical I don't even notice.
    Mind = blown.

Another thing that bothers me at least OTI are when people cannot remove themselves from the moment enough to realize their behaviour is the direct opposite of what they're supposedly defending.

Like, sure, we'll waste all day debating a bunch of pretty people and their outcome in a popularity contest, but when it comes down to actual genuine interaction with our peers and not a bunch of TV personalities then we have a problem. what lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I hate predictability - I hate when people do exactly what I expect them to. When I see a big burly guy in a tradesman outfit walk into my liquor store, I think "that dude is going straight to the beer fridge to get a 3 pack of longnecks". Then when he comes to the counter with exactly that it pisses me off and I'm less nice to him... and I really can't explain why.

But I expect everything I do. I always see it coming. Don't know why.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    guilty of typing in all lower-case letters.

i used to be really bad when people didn't text me back. esp if there was a read receipt telling me the message was read. then i started to realize i did that same stuff all the time.
    what really gets me now is when people drink and they're trying to get the last sip in, drives me crazy. at the same time i know when i go to starbucks and pay $4 for a drink, i'm gonna drink all $4 of my drink. i'm a self-aware hypocrite.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • But I expect everything I do. I always see it coming. Don't know why.

Well it has to go through your brain before you do it, right? 8D

I'm not sure how I contradict myself tbh. I'm not 100% infallible NEVER STEP BACK ON MY OWN WORDS but I feel I stick to my principles reasonably well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Usually when someone does something I hate I vow to myself not to do it because I want to be nothing like them.

but uh I hate when people are late to things, especially work, yet I am late by like 2-5 minutes almost everyday. Also I've been late for a lot of friend things lately.

Years
  • I'm a hypocrite, because I call other people out for being hypocritical yet I am also hypocritical.

Well said, I think most people are Hypocritical, especially in modern society were we are encouraged not to say things how we see them in order not to offend other people.

Yet at the same time hypocrisy is seen as one of the most negative traits in people. =p

Sirfetch’d

I hate when people don't respond to my messages when I never do it either...oops.(both irl and online)

pkmin3033

When people (mostly my mother) expect me to give a damn about their petty inconveniences and remind them of things they should remember themselves...my world does not revolve around you, and I have my own things to think about/remember. Get a diary, put it on the calendar, on your phone; whatever...I'm not your personal assistant.

...and yet I am always asking my mother to remind me to do things, or telling her things I know she won't find interesting or care about. No wonder we get on one another's nerves so often sometimes. xD

I try not to be a hypocrite, although the chances are I fail miserably. I don't really care. It bugs me when I spot other people's hypocrisy and they don't care, as well...can't really win here. I guess what you hate about other people is a reflection of those things you don't like and don't want to see in yourself after all, aha.

Back